Mueller let us inside the office... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mueller let us inside the office...

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
"I think they feel they've won nine or ten games every year and think they're close," Mueller said. "I agree. They've got a good talent base, especially on defense. They need a little tweaking on offense, but I think they know that. They need more weapons to go with a quarterback with accuracy and are going to tinker with the offensive line for sure."

Those are the best lines from a radio interview Rick Mueller did on WQAM yesterday. He said he thinks that the organization used the candidates to get their opinions of the team but never really had any intention on change.

I think they had intention to change if they found someone better than what they had. Something Mueller's ego will not let him believe.

Read the story.

Yeah I find it no coincidence really that its Mueller who is comin out and saying this stuff. Its basically the reason they didn't hire him. He was the closest candidate aside from Spielman but they felt his ego baggage was too much and they would have loved nothing more than to hire an outsider I think because it would have satisfied the fans.

Well, I'm a fan of the Fins, but not of Huizenga and Jones.

I've read that other guys who interviewed felt the same way - that the questions related more to a fishing expedition for what the team should do (just to get opinions) than a genuine interview process to learn more about the candidate.

I don't think you can say what so many are saying with such definitiveness. We really DON'T know the facts. They may have never wanted to change or the GM candidates may have wanted the power over the coaching staff and Wayne didn't want that.

It is also the case that Ron Wolf turned us down for another team. Some have trashed him for doing so, but, again, there are no facts. It's all speculative and subjective - meaning it comes down to who you want to defend. I know Wolf is a guy of integrity and was willing to consider working with the Dolphins - but when the situation played out as it did, he had zero interest. Some fans will say, "good riddance, if that's how he feels," but maybe they ought to say, "what's up with the Dolphin management team? Do they really know what they are doing?"

Ron Wolf is a proven winner when it comes to football. Huizenga and Jones have proven little in that area.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
Ron Wolf is a proven winner when it comes to football. Huizenga and Jones have proven little in that area. [/B]

.....besides having one of the best win/loss records in the past few years (i think we were #2 over the past 3 years at the start of this season, not sure now though).....if you define success as only a SB ring or going to the AFC championship then I guess they haven't proven much

no offense intend, i just like to play devil's advocate :)

Back
Top Bottom