mularkey has always pulled trick plays..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mularkey has always pulled trick plays.....

downfield

Starter
Reaction score
...that fail. I remember he called a half back pass near the goal line when he was O-coordinator for the Steelers a couple years ago. If I recall correctly, he had J. Bettis try and throw a pass on third or fourth and goal, which was not completed, and Mularkey was chastised by the media. The steelers lost the game and they were REALLY good that year.

He pulled the same crap again with us. He just seems to have a very bad "feel" for when to call those plays.

Bottom line: I think his play calling sucks, but our O-line is so bad it is hard to make out what the exact problems are. That said, we sure need to throw deep more.

I misss LINEHAN!

100% agree... In 4 games we've thrown to ball deep to Chambers all of... 1 time. How the hell do they expect to spread the defense. I'm glad we picked up Daunte Culpepper to throw the ball to Ronnie Brown every other play.

this cat is the bad kids party magician! always thinks the tricks will work...dead rabbit...rubber chicken...3rd&2 toss-sweep...disapperaing coin...2pt conversion...pouring milk into newspaper...1st&goal...2nd&goal...3rd&goal...smash watch with hammer...saw the offense in half...

first i hated the play but second it should of worked if booker didnt fall down he did get the ball to a better qb lol!

Coulda, shoulda... I agree it would have been nice if it worked, but, he doesn't seem to learn from his past mistakes. I just don't see many adjustments by the guy. Perhaps what worries me the most is that Saban has not done anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom