Mularkey Let Go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mularkey Let Go

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
Kinda surprising. Said they only decided today. Just because they couldn't beat the Pats?

That shocked me. Almost seems like he quit again as they said it was mutual. I think he's a bit off as you don't just keep getting the opportunity to be an NFL head coach.

Beyond stupid first playoff win in over a decade but fire a guy with two straight winning seasons or have a mutual dissolve.

That shocked me. Almost seems like he quit again as they said it was mutual. I think he's a bit off as you don't just keep getting the opportunity to be an NFL head coach.
They wanted him to make staff changes from what I heard and he did not agree. I somewhat respect that especially since he had the first playoff win for them in quite a while.
Does not help his career though. He has had some bad breaks even when he got the OC job here he was forced to keep the same offense. I wonder what his gameplan is because I doubt he is a hot property since he is over 40.
Maybe he will get lucky and take over NE OC job although no history there

They wanted him to make staff changes from what I heard and he did not agree. I somewhat respect that especially since he had the first playoff win for them in quite a while.
Does not help his career though. He has had some bad breaks even when he got the OC job here he was forced to keep the same offense. I wonder what his gameplan is because I doubt he is a hot property since he is over 40.
Maybe he will get lucky and take over NE OC job although no history there

That makes sense why he would refuse but WTF is wrong with the Titans ownership and management? He wins during the regular season and playoff games whereas they've sucked for years. Let the man do what needs to be done and get the hell out of his way. That can't be appealing to new candidates to know you are going to be handcuffed, especially with the Vince Young fiasco on their resume. Cooking dinner with someone else shopping is a recipe for disaster.

That makes sense why he would refuse but WTF is wrong with the Titans ownership and management? He wins during the regular season and playoff games whereas they've sucked for years. Let the man do what needs to be done and get the hell out of his way. That can't be appealing to new candidates to know you are going to be handcuffed, especially with the Vince Young fiasco on their resume. Cooking dinner with someone else shopping is a recipe for disaster.

That organization deserves to lose, if he struggles to improve team for multiple seasons but back to back 9-7 first playpoff win in 14 years. Buffalo fired him after two seasons even though he had the only winning season of any Buffalo coach that decade. Outside of his one year chance in Jville he has been a solid coach.
He may have trouble finding a head coaching job now juts because he isn't 36 years old.

Last edited:
That organization deserves to lose, if he struggles to improve team for multiple seasons but back to back 9-7 first playpoff win in 14 years. Buffalo fired him after two seasons even though he had the only winning season of any Buffalo coach that decade. Outside of his one year chance in Jville he has been a solid coach.
He may have trouble finding a head coaching job now juts because he isn't 36 years old.

Seems like he's just been snake bit in finding a decent situation. He's a good coach.

He was OC here for one season with Saban sneaking his way out of town on him. He's really had bad luck. That franchise deserves mediocrity after unfairly dumping wisenhunt and him.

He was OC here for one season with Saban sneaking his way out of town on him. He's really had bad luck. That franchise deserves mediocrity after unfairly dumping wisenhunt and him.

Saban who I think could have been a good coach would not even let him run his own offense. He had to run Linhan's offense.
What is bad is that Saban and Gase both had similar first two seasons record wise. I still think Saban left because of issues with the ownership but I guess we will never know.
Still sucks to abandon a team after year 2 but as you can see from the malarkey firing or the attempt to hire a coach while Sparano was still the coach loyalty is not employed either way so better to look out for yourself

Back
Top Bottom