Muller, another good Saban hire! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Muller, another good Saban hire!

PHINSfan

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Like every one else I was very surprised by the riring of Muller, but looking at it from a hiring perspective you have to agree that it appears to be another good hiring by coach Saban. I see Muller bringing to the organization several things Saban lacks:
1. The knowledge and experience of the inner workings of NFL trades and
personnel matters.
2. The respect around the league as a good executive man (he was voted NFL executive of the year in 2000).
3. A good working relationship with the local media. While in NO he has a good
report with the local media, and they were up in arms (as were the fans)
when he was fired.
4. An above average track record with past drafts and FA adquisitions.
5. The ability to handle the everyday responsabilities of a GM, giving Saban
time to devote to coaching and implementing his new system.
Like most of us here I was under the impresion that Saban was going to bring in a young up and coming guy and let him asume the GM responsibilities. This might have worked out fine, but with Muller we have some one who has done the job before and has been sussessful at it. If Saban and Muller can manage to work together and leave their egoes at the door this indeed will be a great hiring.

Too many "If's" for me. I don't know why he wasn't hired before now. I'm starting to worry a little over Saban's decisions. All we can do is be patient, and see where we are in a couple of years. I don't think Sabans decisions were all bad or questionable but he does lack HC experience and brining in guy's that have issues like some of the players we now have will come back to bite us at some point. I think Saban is far better then what we had last year, but we are still a long ways from where we want to be only time will tell.

I can't believe how many people AREN'T excited about Mueller. IMO it's sour grapes over ricky and also him turning down the position last year. Let me know if you have any other reasons besides what i've already stated

Go look at the Saint fan's detailed and factual summary of Mueller's FA signings in the "Why was Mueller fired in NO" thread, and you'll see why some of us aren't happy about it.

Dolfan73 said:
I can't believe how many people AREN'T excited about Mueller. IMO it's sour grapes over ricky and also him turning down the position last year. Let me know if you have any other reasons besides what i've already stated

I'll give you 17 -- seasons with the Seahawks, that is. For more than half of that time he was in charge of personnel--he was an assistant the rest of time. All I know is that when i think of the 80s and 90s seahawaks I think of perhaps -- other than the Cards -- the most pathetic franchise in the NFL over the last 2 decades. when you suck for 20 years, it's institutionalized. Someone is not drafting or signing the right players. Period!
Yeah, he had one decent year with NO, and yes, I give him a lot of credit for the Ricky trade. But really, look who he was dealing with? it was like taking candy from a baby.
All I know is anyone with as much decision power as he had with seattle during those years, is something to be careful of.

2. The respect around the league as a good executive man (he was voted NFL executive of the year in 2000).
- not much of a saying since wanny was named coach of the year in 96 with the bears and look where that went!!

didnt mueller screw wanny twice with dumb trades?
-rick mirer for shawn springs and walter jones(bears)
-ricky and a 4th for 2 firsts rounders(dolphins)
funny stuff if you ask me that he isnt stupid but can find the stupid ones! good gm to me!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahaha

Do we know that Saban "hired" Randy, I got a feeling the NFL instilled Randy. After Sabans blowing of the draft this year, the NFL see one of the most historic franchises floundering. Randy is a "my way or the highway" type of guy. This is why he turns down jobs. He wants the total authority to pick the players. He is a true GM, and only takes true GM jobs. That means somehow, someway, Nick has been stripped of his GM power. Randy wouldnt be here otherwise.

look how Randy dogged the Phins sham interview back in N.O. two years ago, it was the talk of the offseason. This guy is very head strong, but he CAN get the job done. So, rightfully so! I like the move, most excellent. Saban blows the draft, or showed his rookie stripes, however you want to put it, but this sures up the weakest area of our team.

If Saban just shuts his pie hole, lets Randy stock the team, and Saban coach it, we are destined for great things, or at least I truly believe it will happen.

Randy is a VERY strong minded person. His attitude can get him in trouble, but he also interfaces well with his coaching staff, and gives them what they need. But, he makes very smart decisions on draft day. It may not always be the exact person the coach wants, but the teams always comes out on the better side. He is a BAP drafter.

I feel like I did when JJ came to town, and that ended up being a nightmare for me. I hope this ends up not turning into a bombshell. I know Randy is good GM, like JJ was a coach. I just hope fate/luck, whatever you want to call it, is on our side this time.

This is a great day for our boys, FINALLY!

Agua said:
Go look at the Saint fan's detailed and factual summary of Mueller's FA signings in the "Why was Mueller fired in NO" thread, and you'll see why some of us aren't happy about it.

check out claytons article. ill take that over a fans POV

Does anyone on this board actually think that this signing will diminish any of Saban's player assessment duties? At thae very least he will have the final say over any player movement. I'm just surprised at this development and curious whether these two headstrong men can co-exist on a football level.

LithoMan said:
Do we know that Saban "hired" Randy, I got a feeling the NFL instilled Randy. After Sabans blowing of the draft this year, the NFL see one of the most historic franchises floundering. Randy is a "my way or the highway" type of guy. This is why he turns down jobs. He wants the total authority to pick the players. He is a true GM, and only takes true GM jobs. That means somehow, someway, Nick has been stripped of his GM power. Randy wouldnt be here otherwise.

look how Randy dogged the Phins sham interview back in N.O. two years ago, it was the talk of the offseason. This guy is very head strong, but he CAN get the job done. So, rightfully so! I like the move, most excellent. Saban blows the draft, or showed his rookie stripes, however you want to put it, but this sures up the weakest area of our team.

If Saban just shuts his pie hole, lets Randy stock the team, and Saban coach it, we are destined for great things, or at least I truly believe it will happen.

Randy is a VERY strong minded person. His attitude can get him in trouble, but he also interfaces well with his coaching staff, and gives them what they need. But, he makes very smart decisions on draft day. It may not always be the exact person the coach wants, but the teams always comes out on the better side. He is a BAP drafter.

I feel like I did when JJ came to town, and that ended up being a nightmare for me. I hope this ends up not turning into a bombshell. I know Randy is good GM, like JJ was a coach. I just hope fate/luck, whatever you want to call it, is on our side this time.

This is a great day for our boys, FINALLY!

How does the NFL instill anyonee on a team? This is not anarchy...:shakeno:

phinphan11 said:
How does the NFL instill anyonee on a team? This is not anarchy...:shakeno:

I get the fealing he is not a Saban fan? But maybe its just me.

ajfeeleys#1fan said:
didnt mueller screw wanny twice with dumb trades?
-rick mirer for shawn springs and walter jones(bears)
-ricky and a 4th for 2 firsts rounders(dolphins)
funny stuff if you ask me that he isnt stupid but can find the stupid ones! good gm to me!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahaha

I'm pretty sure Sea drafted springs

It's MUELLER, not MULLER...rhymes with Bueller...as in Ferris. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom