My 06' Dolphins Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 06' Dolphins Mock Draft

Winbaby#23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
first round... Cornerback Michael Huff - Texas
second round.... Left Tackle Andrew Whitworth-L.S.U.
third round...... Safety Daniel Bullocks- Nebraska
4th round... QB Brodie Croyle- Alabama

Huff isn't a bad pick, but I don't see them taking another LT project. It has been said that Saban and Houck are grooming Alabi to be the LT of the future. If a good LT that can start right away is there then that is a different story, but I don't see them taking a project at that position. I also don't think Croyle will be there in the 4th. Mel Kieper seems to think he will and I guess the all-star games and workouts will have a big say in that. Not bad overall.

1st round.....Jonathan Orr WR, Best speed and hands receiver in the draft as of now.

2nd round....Bobby Carpenter OLB, He'll drop due to his injury.

3rd round....Andrew Whitworth, he can play left and/or right O.T.

4th round....Drew Olson QB Great size and decent production makes him a great value in the 4th round.

fishypete said:
1st round.....Jonathan Orr WR, Best speed and hands receiver in the draft as of now.

4th round....Drew Olson QB Great size and decent production makes him a great value in the 4th round.

Wow, first mock I've seen with a WR in the 1st. Interesting.

SpeedRush99 said:
Wow, first mock I've seen with a WR in the 1st. Interesting.

Seems a very important position for the Dolphins....take away Chambers...and the Dolphins are dead ducks. Can't count on Gilmore and asking Welker to play special teams and receiver is just too much. The Dolphins need Orr...big time.

As I've said in another thread, OL is not a very likely position for Saban to end up drafting an LSU player. He leaves OL decisions up to Hudson Houck. The two OLs that we know we were interested in for the draft, Michael Roos and Anthony Alabi, were not even guys Nick Saban played against, nor were they guys that played under close friends of Saban's like Matt Roth and Kirk Ferentz. They were Houck guys.

Now, if Andrew Whitworth is there in the 3rd round, we really want an OT, and he's the best guy left on the board and Hudson does not have another guy he rates higher than Whitworth, ok I agree with the Whitworth pick. But I see a lot of people putting Whitworth now in Miami mock drafts and I would have to speculate that a lot of people are doing it because of the LSU connection and what I am saying is that SO FAR, offensive line has been the position that Saban has displayed the LEAST amount of nepotism with. In free agency he didn't go after someone he knew in any way, and in the draft he didn't even show interest in OL that he had experience coaching with or against. Meanwhile on D he has clearly shown a preference for players he knows well.

fishypete said:
Seems a very important position for the Dolphins....take away Chambers...and the Dolphins are dead ducks. Can't count on Gilmore and asking Welker to play special teams and receiver is just too much. The Dolphins need Orr...big time.

Very good points.

first round... Cornerback Michael Huff - Texas
second round.... Left Tackle Andrew Whitworth-L.S.U.
third round...... Safety Daniel Bullocks- Nebraska
4th round... QB Brodie Croyle- Alabama

4th is too high for Croyle. 2nd is probably too high for Whitworth. There are better options like Jon Scott, Daryn Colledge, and Jeremy Trueblood

picks 2-4=good. Orr in the first is horrible. There are atleast 12 to 15 WRs (depending on who you ask) better than Orr.

I really like Orr as well, but he is not better than Holmes. That guy is just a good football player.

But I see you take away Chambers you have Booker,McMike, Brown, Ricky, even Wes can make the big play for us. I'd rather see us get a later round guy to add speed to our skill because I think we have a sick bunch of skill players right now.

My picks would be

1. Safety Bing would be my first choice but I don't know anything about his draft status. I love size and speed combo he has and think he would be an impact player. That of course is if a can't miss prospect manages to fall to us.
2. LB, there is some damn good Linebackers in this class and I think someone manages to fall to us. Bobby Carpenter spent alot of time with his hands on the ground, I could see him as a great OLB who would be able to get serious pressure for this defense.
3. This is where you find your value QB. I'm partial to Jacobs at this point. because I've seen him alot and he just seems to fit. He was an easy 1st rounder before getting hurt and having trouble rebounding, but with a year to be Saban's project I think he can turn out pretty decent, kinda like what the Browns are getting out of Charlie Frye at this point. He just fits what Nick has seemed to favored at LSU of big, strong armed passers with enough wheels to be a decent threat on the ground as well.

The second day is where the big names are sparse and I think we could add a speedy return guy/WR and Skylar Green might just fit that bill.

But I'm sure mine as well as everyone elses opinions will change after getting a chance to see alot of bowl games as well as more information becomes avaliable.

fishypete said:
Seems a very important position for the Dolphins....take away Chambers...
yes, so why ruin it by drafting orr who's not even projected as a first rounder? what the hell? he's not that good

kastofsna120 said:
yes, so why ruin it by drafting orr who's not even projected as a first rounder? what the hell? he's not that good

I don't agree with drafting him there, but he is VERY good. He is along the lines of Lee Evans and Chambers, didn't put up amazing numbers in college because they were a running team, but when they needed a play in the passing game he was there to be counted upon. Check him out in the bowl game, the guy is a player and can flat out fly.

saves said:
I don't agree with drafting him there, but he is VERY good. He is along the lines of Lee Evans and Chambers, didn't put up amazing numbers in college because they were a running team, but when they needed a play in the passing game he was there to be counted upon. Check him out in the bowl game, the guy is a player and can flat out fly.

psst... They were a running team when Evans and Chambers were there. CC played with Dayne. Evans played with Dayne and Davis/Stanley.

ChambersWI said:
psst... They were a running team when Evans and Chambers were there. CC played with Dayne. Evans played with Dayne and Davis/Stanley.

.....I know....I said that.....

(what a dissapointing thing to have to say for my 2000th post)

fishypete said:

A WR isnt needed that bad and isnt worth a 1st round. Drew Olson had a great year but, he like jason white, he is a horrible passer over 20 yards. I think Drew olson will be a real late draft round if he even gets drafted. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes undrafted, but he could get picked up as a undrafted free agent.

Back
Top Bottom