My 1st Game at Hardrock! Need advice for Week 3 v Broncos | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 1st Game at Hardrock! Need advice for Week 3 v Broncos

scodoublet

CT FinFan
Club Member
Reaction score
Hi Brothers!
The ol' lady has agreed to a trip to Hardrock for our first home game!
We live in CT, so looking for advice on parking, tailgating, etc.

We are staying in Delray Beach.
Should we Uber and just roam around before the game?
We have access to a car to use. Should we drive in?
What lots are a good spot to tailgate? Do we need a parking pass ahead of time?

Also, not specifically game-related...
We will be in Delray for a few days, any suggestions on restaurants near by?

Any and all advice welcome!!

Thank-you!!

Uber but know you're going to be stuck at the stadium for a while after it ends. Probably 90 mins before you get an Uber so enjoy the stadium.

Cutting and pasting all of the info I always give.

"
f you want a great restaurant with good scenery go to Scarpettas at Fountainebleau and then go enjoy yourself at Liv. I don't think I've ever had anything as good as their polenta which I would personally pair with their braised Short Rib. Another great spot for a drink is the bar at Smith & Wollenskys which is RIGHT on Government cut in the south of fifth section of Miami Beach (southernmost point). The cruise ships literally go right by the tables and it's fantastic for people watching. I've personally met Sean Connery there many years ago (I was cool enough to not ask for an autograph just a handshake and didn't wash my hand for a month). Just down the way if you don't mind greasing the Maitrè D's palm, is of course the all-world legendary Joes Stone Crab (no, this has absolutely nothing to do with Joe's Crab Shack). At the very least go to the bar and have a couple drinks and order the best key lime pie in existence. If you are trying to stay in Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood there is a fantastic restaurant named Gigi's which is literally ON the intercoastal. LOVE that place.

I'd uber. Valet prices are nuts and so is seasonal traffic which pretty much kicked off last week. It also allows you to have a better time and a couple of côcktails. I'd just buy tickets online. Uber to the stadium then grab a cab after the game to Twin Peaks and wait for the rush to die down then snag an uber to wherever you're heading. Have fun. Phins up."

Further north, check out GIGI's in Hollywood Beach which is right on the intercostal. In Hollywood you also should go to The Rustic Inn which has been there forever and has tons of Dolphins photos on the wall. The garlic Dungeness crab is legendary.

Another good spot also in Hollywood is Le Tub which is right on the intercostal as well and has an epic burger.

I mentioned Joes stone crab above but depending on when you're going, note that it doesn't open until stone crab season which opens October 15.

Cutting and pasting all of the info I always give.

"
f you want a great restaurant with good scenery go to Scarpettas at Fountainebleau and then go enjoy yourself at Liv. I don't think I've ever had anything as good as their polenta which I would personally pair with their braised Short Rib. Another great spot for a drink is the bar at Smith & Wollenskys which is RIGHT on Government cut in the south of fifth section of Miami Beach (southernmost point). The cruise ships literally go right by the tables and it's fantastic for people watching. I've personally met Sean Connery there many years ago (I was cool enough to not ask for an autograph just a handshake and didn't wash my hand for a month). Just down the way if you don't mind greasing the Maitrè D's palm, is of course the all-world legendary Joes Stone Crab (no, this has absolutely nothing to do with Joe's Crab Shack). At the very least go to the bar and have a couple drinks and order the best key lime pie in existence. If you are trying to stay in Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood there is a fantastic restaurant named Gigi's which is literally ON the intercoastal. LOVE that place.

I'd uber. Valet prices are nuts and so is seasonal traffic which pretty much kicked off last week. It also allows you to have a better time and a couple of côcktails. I'd just buy tickets online. Uber to the stadium then grab a cab after the game to Twin Peaks and wait for the rush to die down then snag an uber to wherever you're heading. Have fun. Phins up."
Awesome! Thanks for the info!!

Hi Brothers!

Thank-you!!
Make sure you hydrate! Like with water, not beer or booz. Ha

Make sure you hydrate! Like with water, not beer or booz. Ha
banning super mario GIF

Hi Brothers!

Thank-you!!
If you have access to a car I would definitely drive in. The Uber situation after games is a nightmare. Pick up a yellow parking pass (if they are still available). You can no longer pay for parking day of the game. I always park in the Yellow lot on NW 199th Street. If you get there early enough you can get a space near the overpass that gets you to the main lots (less walking). Best tailgating in my opinion is in the Orange lots on both sides of the stadium (west side and east side). Lots to do in the Stadium Plaza (games, DJ's, concessions, pro shop etc...). Someone earlier gave you the best advice.... hydrate hydrate and hydrate. Saw a girl pass out at the home opener last year and saw some dude about to pass out 2 weeks later for the Bills game. These September games are no joke, especially if your not use to the humidity.

Last edited:
Uber but know you're going to be stuck at the stadium for a while after it ends. Probably 90 mins before you get an Uber so enjoy the stadium.
As I found out last year, not all Uber/Lyft drivers will take you to or through the gate...you can get dropped off at Walmart across the street and walk...at the end of the game, take your time leaving the stadium and walk back to Walmart to call for a ride

Nice I will be making my 1st against the Panthers. I also could enjoy the extra information.
It will my first game too! Saw two in Minnesota, but first in Miami. Advice for first timers might make for a good permanent thread.

Back
Top Bottom