My 2 cents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 2 cents

Todd Wade...Wade Smith...

jeez its almost impossible to hype O-lineman..but we have to come up with something good for this.

:D

Re: Todd Wade...Wade Smith...

Originally posted by RHoffman
jeez its almost impossible to hype O-lineman..but we have to come up with something good for this.

Hey, I think we've clearly established that Wade Smith is our most....

eligible tackle-eligible tackle.

Nuff reason for me to cheer.:drinkers:

Re: Van interesting analysis...

althought I completey disagree with your assessment with Wade Smith...I actually think he might be the most likely to succeed.

Of all the picks I think he has the most tremendous upside...and really not that much of a downside.

Just an opinion...I just think we have to be a bit patient with him.

Only problem is that we don't have the time to be patient with him. If he doesn't show the ability this year to start next year we HAVE to fill that position meaning he becomes backup. Dixon won't be around next year to pull their asses outta a sling and we are in deep dog **** if he has to step in this year to play a few games with the DE's we will be facing.

I agree that we need someone now to step up and contribute, We don't have time to wait around. What if we have an injury??
Sure out only back up is Seth Mc kinney, but can he play tackle?
If we have an injury at tackle, can one of our draft picks step in an be a replacement? I don't think so. Give them a few years maybe!! I stil think we should have taken a Tackle in the 2nd round. We will just have to wait and see!!!!:confused:

Originally posted by dolphindew
I stil think we should have taken a Tackle in the 2nd round. :confused:

Which OT do you think we should have selected? I, too, thought that we'd select Hunter from Hawaii when we were on the clock. However, we had Smith rated higher than Hunter. Smith was still available when we selected in the 3rd round, so it's not like we missed out on anyone. It has been fairly well documented that we tried--desperately some might say--to trade up into the first round to select an OT that could come right in and compete for a starting job. However, our attempts to swap our #1 pick next year and other picks/players (luckily) failed.

As far as addressing the OT position in this draft, the CS did the best job they could: they tried to trade up, and when they couldn't they ended up with the highest-rated OT remaining on their board, and selected him in an appropriate round for his draft value, plus they also selected another OT prospect when he slid down to them in the later rounds.

I hear your concern, though, about an injury to either Dixon or Wade...I'm not confident that we have anyone who is able to step in right now. I guess if that were to occur, then we'd have to go out and sign a veteran FA OT (Brockermeyer, Webb, Spriggs, etc.). Of course, if some solid OLT gets released after June 1 (Deese) and becomes available to us for a low cost, we may sign him, leaving us plenty deep at the OT position.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Deese ... it sounds like the Niners have made nice with him.

Bill Callahan uses up to seven O linemen in our jumbo package, two a tackle eligibles, it bludgeons teams in short yardag and red zone, Gruden took that to Tampa after learning it from his assistant coach and does the same in some key short yardage spots.
Wanny will do is as well, and the east (minus Jest) is small front line on d, although Bills upgraded their size, Adams is out of shape name player who has to prove he can last past three wide sweeps before getting tired... the Patriots D line is still very small comparativley speaking.
Besides having linemen who are versatile on bench to prvode depth across the board, saying only one of two mid-to late picks makes it, you may found eventual starter out of the two, the law of averages helps when more talent is there to pool from.

Re: Todd Wade...Wade Smith...

Who's on Right Tackle?

Well, it COULD end up being Wade.

Todd?

No, -- Todd's Right Guard.

Then who's Left?

Several guys.

Several guys play Left Guard?

No. Nails is Left Guard... Unless he's Right.

Wait a second... if he's right, then he should be Left Guard.

Maybe not, -- Dixon might be Left.

Left out???

No, we need him! He might be Left Guard.

THEN WHO'S THE LEFT TACKLE???

Hmmm... that's a good question.:goof:

Back
Top Bottom