Good

Lions Packers Panthers Titans Texans Colts Vikings Seahawks Commanders

Neutral

Saints Chargers Broncos Bills 49ers Bucs Bears Browns

Bad

Jaguars Raiders Cowboys Dolphins Cardinals Bengals Rams Patriots

How I feel about the above

ill i feel sick GIF

I gave Kellen Diesch a late 3rd round grade.

He reminded me a lot of Eric Winston with his athleticism, uncanny ability to recognize and react to what’s happening in front of and around him, along with his 6’7” frame and just over 32” arms.

Winston probably started 150 games in the NFL because of his fit in the scheme. That’s not out of reach for Diesch. He’s hard to fool and has the reflexes of a cat.

Here's a composite of most of the published post-draft grades:

(edit: sorry this pic won't expand, you can see the full size in the twitter tweet)
2qwp12j9wqw61.jpg

You have to factor in Tyreek Hill for Miami draft. Are there currently five better receivers in the NFL than Hill? He is virtually uncoverable.

Plus, I really believe Tindall was a top 75 talent.

Agree with Op's great group.

You have to factor in Tyreek Hill for Miami draft. Are there currently five better receivers in the NFL than Hill? He is virtually uncoverable.

Plus, I really believe Tindall was a top 75 talent.

Agree with Op's great group.

There are some teams in the league that are probably better off trading their 1st round pick for a proven superstar in their prime every year. Or at least every chance they get.

I believe Miami is one of those teams.

And you can build a Super Bowl roster with a significant enough window by doing it.

Right before Miami traded for Hill, I talked about a few non-negotiables if you were legitimately a top 4 or 5 team in the league capable of competing for a championship. One of those non-negotiables was a superstar receiver that scores double digit touchdowns.

You automatically take a tremendous leap forward when you acquire that. Irregardless of anything else.

The problem for Miami is, we do not have the QB or offense to push the bull and have explosive passing game.
Hill plays to that, he can take a screen pass the distance, or a little dump off and turn it into a long gain. Waddle was drafted for that too, but he did not make a dent in the offensive output tho. Hopefully Hill can work his miracles.
I am not certain these other receives can stretch the field like Parker tho to be a deep threat and keep the defenses off the line.

That's the thing. You pick a poor arm weak sauce QB at 5 overall, then next year you have to spend 2 first round picks on a gadget screen wideout to help him out, then spent 5 more picks and hundreds of million of dollars on Hill to try to make it work.

Great

Ravens Eagles Giants Steelers Jets Falcons Chiefs

Good

Lions Packers Panthers Titans Texans Colts Vikings Seahawks Commanders

Neutral

Saints Chargers Broncos Bills 49ers Bucs Bears Browns

Bad

Jaguars Raiders Cowboys Dolphins Cardinals Bengals Rams Patriots

Agree with most of these, but like SF Dolphin Fan said I think that the Cheetah trade needs to be taken into account in lieu of the Dolphins. Bumping them up to the good-great category along with the draft picks.

Some other differences:

IMO and how the draft played out, I would switch the Texans (great) and Steelers (good), Seahawks (great) and Chiefs (good), and the Bills (good) with the Commanders (neutral).

Tyreek Hill and Jalen waddle should be added in factoring draft grades . Players drafted after the 4 th round seldom make an impact

Agree with most of these, but like SF Dolphin Fan said I think that the Cheetah trade needs to be taken into account in lieu of the Dolphins. Bumping them up to the good-great category along with the draft picks.

Some other differences:

IMO and how the draft played out, I would switch the Texans (great) and Steelers (good), Seahawks (great) and Chiefs (good), and the Bills (good) with the Commanders (neutral).

I was trying to do ONLY draft weekend.

To me, the Hill deal would be an offseason grade.

However, I think the Dolphins only drafted 1 player that will make any sort of impact in 4 picks (my own personal opinion) and a 25% mark leads to the bad category

I think we had a stellar offseason, and we are going to be a super bowl contender in 2023-2024, however I think we wasted a couple picks on guys whose ceiling are WR4 and QB3.

Back
Top Bottom