My Draft Review | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Draft Review

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I think the general consensus on this board is that no one can agree on how we did. Some love the draft, others hate it. Well, here's how my last couple of days went.

1.Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State Oh boy. I was not a fan of the pick.I've been aguing against Ginn for months, and we took him over Brady Quinn. The one thing I'll say is that we can now stretch the field with a deep threat, and have agood kick returner. Let's hope he pans out.

2a. John Beck QB, BYU soon as we passed on Quinn, I turned to my buddies and said that Mueller and Cameron were putting all their stock in the fact that John Beck would be available. Luckily for us, he was. Beck is older than most prospects because he is Mormon, he's a good prospect. Don't be shocked if he is our starting QB at the start of the year.

2b. Samson Satale OL, Hawaii I was hoping Kalil would fall to us, and he went to Carolina one pick before us. No big deal, I knew we'd take Satale. Satele is one of the more versitile linemen in the draft, and is actually projected as a C, OG, and OT. He should start somewhere on the line in 07.

3.Lorenzo Booker RB, Florida State I call this the "Leon Washington Effect". A very similar RB from the same school that plays for one of our rivals killed us last year. We do need a speed back to complement Ronnie.

4.Paul Soliai DT, Utah A lot of people on the board have been clamoring for im. Unlike our other young DTs, Soliai is a mountian (and in the case of Manny, is more muscle than fat). I love the pick. Will start by 2008

6a.Regan Mauia FB, Hawaii I guess we've found our FB of the future. Whether we keep 2 FBs on the active roster remains to be seen, but I love this guy. He use to be a NT, and is a tank. Basically another guard.

6b.Drew Mormino OL, Central Michigan Outshined by teammate Joe Staley, but is not a bad prospect himself. Like Satele, he is very versitile BUT is more suited for guard or center. Do not be surprised if he is starting for us next year.

7a.Kelvin Smith LB, Syracuse Honestly, don't know much about him but other VIP members love him. Most believehe'll make the team as Zach's bacup.

7b.Brandon Fields P, Michigan State While not on the level of Supulveda or Poodlesh, Fields is a pretty good punter. Not really much else I can say.

7c.Abraham Wright DE, Colorado The third Wright to join our D-Line. Has a very good shot of making the team because he is an open end, and we've currently got 2 OEs; JT and Aakbar Gabaja-Biamilla. Could develop into a decent backup.

Overall, this is a very good draft. Not really sexy, but fills needs, and makes us more dangerous on offense

I loved the draft we had

Of course I wanted Brady Quinn, but after hearing Cam and Mueller explain themselves I have come around to what we did..

The draft is about filling your needs, it shouldn't be all sexy.. I think we filled a lot of needs with what we did in this draft.. I like all the players we took and think that most of them have a great shot at earning a role on this team

Back
Top Bottom