DRAFT:
1.Q.Nelson
2.M.Andrews te Oklahoma
3.S.Hubbard de OHIO ST or L.Carter olb Georgia
4.R.Ferguson qb Memphis
4b. R.Penny rb San Diego ST.
6. BPA
7.BPA

I'm sort of on the fence about Landry so I don't mind letting him walk, but I don't want to replace him with a WR coming off of an ACL tear who's really only had 1 good season, and is also going to want a ton of money.

your right give a slot receiver 13 mil ,for 9 yds a catch.How many yards in penaltys,an embarassment to the team
,owner and fans.We need smart, agressive ,leaders on this team.I dont want selfish prima donnas.Hias antics are old
once he signs a huge contract you think he will change? His future in Miami was in the balance and couldnt control himself.
How many games has he won for us? Most of his stats are in garbage,prevent def. time game over. So ya my dream season starts
with letting the team know we are done with the bs, and getting rid of Landry. Slots are a dime a dozen,you get a real tight end here his catches go
down 50%.

CUTS: Pouncey.Timmons,J.Thomas

FREE AGENCY:

1. Let Landry go,not paying 12-15 mil for slot receiver with selfish attitude
2. Let J.James go J.Davis comes much cheaper
3. Give Landrys money to A.Robinson from Jax a true no.1 receiver
4. Sign Troy Niklas t.e. from AZ. under utilized in AZ they dont throw to tes,
great blocker cheaper,younger more athletic Fasano

DRAFT:
1.Q.Nelson
2.M.Andrews te Oklahoma
4.R.Ferguson qb Memphis
6. BPA
7.BPA

I'm ok with Nikalas, but I would like to sign Crockett Gilmore as a cheap tight end and draft Goedert.

Instead of Ferguson I would like to draft either Mason Rudolph or Luke Fak if they fall.

There are literally a dozen routes the team can go to fill out the running back corp that could be effective and cost effective. Penny is one of 12 or 14 backs I would like to see in Miami from the draft.

And while I like Nelson and think he's going to be a stud from day one, I also like the idea of signing Xavier Sua-Filo in free agency and then drafting WIll Teller on day 3 from West Virginia at guard. Sua-FIlo, Davis, Teller, Asata and maybe even bring back Larsen would seend the team into training camp with a lot of guard depth. Pouncey and Brendle at center and James, Tunsil, Smith, Sterup at tackle would give Miami good line depth in camp as well.

One last comment while im on my Landry tirade.What has 400 catches in 4 yrs brought the team?
Wouldnt be nice to spread the ball out to a real t.e. or now that we have one a pass catching rb,
all im saying is that money would be better spent shoring up defense or fixing oline.Not on a slot receiver OK now im done

Allan Robinson was hurt all season and Jacksonville is doing just fine without him. Suffered ACL injury in week 1. No need for damaged goods.

His best year was in 2015, where he had crazy numbers but ended at 5-11. Stats can be deceiving on a bad team, as they get a lot more garbage time and defenses often play loose.

I'm down the middle on Jarvis. He does play well with Tannehill and he's a first down machine. But, if he demands a set amount, let him walk. Grant can fill in. Small quick and confident like a Welker in training.
On your cuts, I'm down with Thomas leaving, as in tomorrow. Timmons can go but we need a replacement or he needs to stay. Pouncey I don't know about. If he can stay healthy, he's a good team leader and can still push people. I'm not going to be upset if he leaves, it's just that if he stays that's one less o line starter we need to go find.
Graham may be our big offseason splash especially if Jarvis walks.

Mines is a bit similar:

1.Let Landry walk.
2. Retain James at the right price.
3. Sign Andrew Norwell to play OG
4. Sign an established TE like Tyler Eifert.
This sets our draft up to take BPA.

Draft
1. Derwin James S
2. Christian Kirk WR
3. Lorenzo Carter DE/OLB
4a. Sony Michel RB
4b. Jamarco Jones OT

Mines is a bit similar:

1.Let Landry walk.
2. Retain James at the right price.
3. Sign Andrew Norwell to play OG
4. Sign an established TE like Tyler Eifert.
This sets our draft up to take BPA.

Draft
1. Derwin James S
2. Christian Kirk WR
3. Lorenzo Carter DE/OLB
4a. Sony Michel RB
4b. Jamarco Jones OT

Sony Michel won't last till the 4th round. He'll be a 2nd-3rd rounder. Derwin James in the 1st I can get behind though.

Sony Michel won't last till the 4th round. He'll be a 2nd-3rd rounder. Derwin James in the 1st I can get behind though.

I'm not sure Sony goes in the 2nd, but I guess I could see the 3rd round. So many good backs it's going to be hard to forecast.

are we really worried about $10M-$15M for Landry after all the bad spending the team has done to other players? He's ben the heart and soul of this offense and because of the offensive limitations, has to catch the ball right after the LOC and run for a few yards after.He isn't able to drag across the middle, like in the games last year vs AZ and the NYJ, and take it far. There is no time. James, Thomas and Pouncey all will earn $22M next year if kept and don't have half the worth of Landry

CUTS: Pouncey.Timmons,J.Thomas

FREE AGENCY:

1. Let Landry go,not paying 12-15 mil for slot receiver with selfish attitude
2. Let J.James go J.Davis comes much cheaper
3. Give Landrys money to A.Robinson from Jax a true no.1 receiver
4. Sign Troy Niklas t.e. from AZ. under utilized in AZ they dont throw to tes,
great blocker cheaper,younger more athletic Fasano

DRAFT:
1.Q.Nelson
2.M.Andrews te Oklahoma
4.R.Ferguson qb Memphis
6. BPA
7.BPA

Landry is not only a game changing receiver, he's arguably the best slot receiver in the game. 400 receptions has gotten us at least to 1 playoff appearance and several victories where he's been the deciding factor, whether it's a first downs, critical first downs, TD's, or when he's turning a 3 yard out into a 15 yard catch and run. He sparks the offense, gets the crowd going, and we all like watching him play. He takes this game very seriously and he's earned his big contract.

Landry is not only a game changing receiver, he's arguably the best slot receiver in the game. 400 receptions has gotten us at least to 1 playoff appearance and several victories where he's been the deciding factor, whether it's a first downs, critical first downs, TD's, or when he's turning a 3 yard out into a 15 yard catch and run. He sparks the offense, gets the crowd going, and we all like watching him play. He takes this game very seriously and he's earned his big contract.
tell me what Miami will hang their hat on in the passing game if he is gone?
Parker and Carroo and Stills?
This guy has made up the void of those three. In addition, if Miami had a real TE and decent WRs, you would see a better (stats) Landry. Miami's inability to move the ball, combined with bad qb's, has devalued Landry from a free agency standpoint, but ironically, his utilization is worth two WRs on this team, but now no one wants to pay LOL. Typical Miami

Back
Top Bottom