Trade/Cut Tim Ruddy
Trade/Cut Brock Marion
Trade/Cut Tim Bowens
Restructure Jason Taylor
Restructure Todd Perry
Restructure Olindo Mare
Franchise Adewale Ogunleye - get 1st and 3rd

This will give us a ton of money.

Sign Adam Timmerman (move to starting LG)
Sign Orlando Pace (move to starting LT)
Sign a mid-tier WR (Darrell Jackson, etc)
Sign veteran QB (Mark Brunell, etc)

Draft:
Trade both 1st's to move into the top 5

1st: QB (Ben Roethslinger :cool: )
3rd: WR
3rd: DE
4th: DT
5th: FS
6th: C
7th: OL
Misc additional picks: QB, WR, K

2004 Depth Chart:

-Offense-
QB: 1. 1st round QB
2. Veteran QB
3. Sage Rosenfels

RB: 1. Ricky Williams
2. Travis Minor (resigned)
3. Leonard Henry

WR: 1. Chris Chambers
2. 3rd round WR
3. Orande Gadsden
4. Derrius Thompson
5. J.R. Tolver

LT: 1. Orlando Pace
2. Wade Smith

LG: 1. Adam Timmerman
2. Jamie Nails

C: 1. Seth McKinney
2. 6th round Center

RG: 1. Todd Perry
2. Taylor Whitley

RT: 1. Mark Dixon
2. Todd Wade

-Defense-
LDE: 1. David Bowens
2. J. Williams

LDT: 1. Jeff Zgonina
2. 4th round DT

RDT: 1. Larry Chester
2. Dario Romero / Misc.

RDE: 1. Jason Taylor
2. 3rd round DE

WLB: 1. Junior Seau
2. Corey Jenkins

MLB: 1. Zach Thomas
2. Tommy Hendricks

SLB: 1. Morlon Greenwood/Eddie Moore
2. Morlon Greenwood/Eddie Moore
3. Brendon Ayanbadejo

LCB: 1. Patrick Surtain
2. Jamar Fletcher

RCB: 1. Sam Madison
2. Terrell Buckley

SS: 1. Sammy Knight
2. Shawn Wooden

FS: 1. Arturo Freeman
2. 5th round FS

This would leave us with a dominant OL, a franchise QB, a WR to compliment Chambers, and a weaker yet strong defense. Maybe we could even pick up starting DE or DT in free-agency as well.

What do you guys think?

I've been thinking a lot about it too.

Re-structure =
Madison
Taylor
Thomas
Bowens
Mare
Griese (backup)

Cut =
Fiedler
Ruddy
Perry
McKnight
Marion

Bub bye =
Wade
Greenwood
Ogunleye

Sign =
Mark Brunell
Adam Timmerman

Draft =
1st rounders =
WR Rashaun Woods
OT Vernon Carey

me too, bye griese/fiedler/ogun/marion/mcknight/d thompson/t ruddy
hello brunell,john tait,isaac bruce 2 1sts for top 5 pick roethlisberger

Alot of wishing going there.

These all assume the good players on the list are going to be just let go by their respective teams.

Darrell Jackson is MUCH better than a mid-tier WR BTW and the Hawks are gojng to try desperately to keep him.

Pace wants a 20 million bonus (wayyyy out of our league)

Timmerman would be very nice, but the Rams like him as well.

Why would Griese want to stay to be a backup when he can start elsewhere ala Brunell?

Why would a veteran team on the verge of special things want to go with a rookie 1st rd QB as our starter?

Why would the team spend the whole seaosn grooming Wade Smith to start to have him backup the next year (he could at least start at LG if we got another LT)

Why would Nails and Wade re-sign to be backups, when they too could start elsewhere?

Does anything here think John Tait is not going to be the number priority of a team that has had their starters in tact for almost two full years? He is a devout Mormon and most likely would consider teams closer to the Midwest before miami and the sins I'm sure he sees there.

I like alot of the things on this list but most will never happen.

How are we going to acquire Issac Bruce away from the offense he loves and flourishes within?

I'm not trying tobash, just seeing if maybe you have some answers to these questions I haven't thought of prior.

i thought bruce was from fla. and grew up loving the dolphins thought he could end his career here,as for tait i had no idea of his mormon status but hey the osmonds moved to hollywood for a while to make the donny and marie show but theres no sin in hollywood right? its called MONEY. while youre not trying to tobash? (sure you didnt mean kabash?) youre shooting holes in a WISH LIST no one is saying these things are going to happen but thats what theyd like to see. Also wheres yours? maybe we could tobash?? that for YOU

sorry" tobash "was supposed to be "to bash" i thought you were putting the kabash on our lists haha im tired good nite

Why not trade Madison for a 1st rounder instead of O-Gun? Im sure there will be a good CB on the market next year. Im tired of Madison getting burned all the time. Surtain is a far better player now.

First off, sorry I missed a space between the words "to" and "bash"

You want a wish list, I'll certainly make them when FA hits and we see who is actually out there.

Timmerman would be great and if the Rams allow him to hit the market I'd go for him. (I'd prefer Damien Woody though)

Tait, uh yeah I know money is an issue. In fact he held out for more money and it was a huge deal in KC and the GM there. I'm saying a lot of teams will go after him if allowed to test the market and maybe we're at a disadvantage with his faith and his families location.

Bruce is not a FA is why I asked about him. Do you feel the Rams will release him?

I'd look for a WR in the first round, go after either Brunell or Couch to settle the QB slot. I'd re-sign Sage and look into drafting a QB in the later rounds for #3. That of course means Jay and Brian both go.

Jackson would be a target if allowed to leave for FA, but a more likely guy is Dennis Northcutt who does not have the size for a number one, but would be a good number two and could fill the returner roles we've had problems with.

I'd re-sign Minor and Greenwood if possible.

I'd let Freeman and Marion go, Marion for age and Freeman due to wanting to go. Yeremiah Bell or a FA can man that spot.

I'd look into Walter Jones, who is more likely to go than Pace.

Jonas Jennings is a possibility from Buffalo for RT.

I'd cut most of the usual guys off the O-line. Perry, Ruddy. Would let Wade go.

A first round G/T can fill the LG spot if we don't sign Timmerman, Woody or other to fill the spot.

Don't forget many other players will become available after the first wave of cuts to sort through and see what we can mix and match to improve the team.

A person I'd really like to see go is Sam Madison, he just continues to regree. This is impossible however, due to his large split bonus money.

Don't take so much offense to someone asking questions about your theories. That's what we're here for.

I didn't call names or insinuate your thoughts to be ridiculous, so perhaps you should understand where I'm coming from.

you wont get a first for madison and first he'd HAVE to restructure no ones gonna pay him at his current rate

no offense phinsmissed i was just ball busting. i think bruce is free after this year, however amani toomer also and i like him alot. i enjoyed your list and agree with it alot i like brunell,i enjoy northcutt,and ive been eyeing walter jones who'd allow us to slide wade smith to RT. Steve Smith is a good receiver and returner but i think the panthers would be loopy to let him walk. I like the idea of bruce or toomer

Dolfan, do you believe other GM's still view him as one of the best in the league or are you merely saying fans believe him to be.

Back
Top Bottom