My dream scenario on draft day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My dream scenario on draft day

Nicky Napoleon

We'll Miss You Nubs
Reaction score
Ok I know alot of people have posted their opinions on what we should do on draft day and I like most fans have my idea of what a perfect draft would be so here goes.
First off we trade out of 20 to the Chargers for the 35th and 36th picks (35th aquired from NYG in deal for the #1 overall)

Second with the 35th pick we draft G/T Vernon Carey. If we arent taking OL at 20 and SD takes a WR which I think they will. This could cause an O Lineman to fall. If Carey isnt here then I would like to see Jacob Rogers or Snee.

With the 36th pick we trade down to the middle of round two I think the Saints at 48 are a candidate with two 2nd round picks. Giving us another third round pick. This is a big possibility with teams trying to grab guys that slipped out of round one.
With the Second round pick we get LB/S Michael Boulware.

With the 3rd from the Saints we take P.K. Sam WR. I think we all want to get a WR in this draft and as a FSU fan I really like Sam.

With our third we get Junior Saivii DT, I am big on this guy he is a big run stuffing DT.

In round 4 I would like to see Bo Schobel here ,with Ogun possibly on the way out after this year we need to look for a player that doesnt have to start now and I think Schobel can be a very good player with a year to learn from JT.

Ok round 5 I know we have signed a few S's this FA but I think Gus Scott S can be a decent player in the NFL. I cant believe Im saying this about a Gator......

In round 6 I think this is a good time to take a shot at a project QB and I really like what I have read on Robert Kent. Small time school but big potential. If Feeley can not get it done I want a back up plan other than Feidler. This guy has the tools to get it done.

With our two 7ths I say we trade up to the 6th and take Stacy Andrews OT. I think he can be a very good OT in a few years. He shouldnt be rushed to play but given time to learn he could be a very good player.

OK there it is SHRED AWAY

If we somehow had 35 and 36, I would take either Carey or Grove and Teddy Lehman.

and then take PK Sam with our third rounder.

I like the fact you are looking to get the extra picks. This will be the key to the draft for Miami. There are some solid players to be had in the 2nd-4th rounds. I said it before, as much as I want Ogun to be a Fin, it may not happen. I would not be surprised if Rick pulls the trigger on draft day using Ogun to get the extra picks.

Extra picks will help because Miami doesn't need superstars from this draft. They need very solid and youthful depth.

Guys like Lehman, Carey and Henderson, guys that should be available in r.2 provide great depth and have the potential to start at some point.

Here is something to think about. If Miami pulls the trigger and moves Ogun to lets say the Bears since they were the most interested for the 14th overall, with the Broncos moving up to possibly take Jackson with the 17th. What if NE calls us at 14 and says we will give you our first 2nd and the 21st overall do you do it? With the above mentioned trade for the 2 2nds as well as this one we could end up with the 21st overall and three 2nd's. We could very well still get Andrews at 21 if he was going to be there at 20, then get players like Babin, Boulware, and Clayton in the 2nd. Changing the P.K. Sam pick to Max Starks in the third.

I think the trades are fun to discuss, but I think the trade activity is going to be a lot less than people are speculating. Seems like everyone realizes this is a deep draft that has a lot of value in the 2nd and 3rd round - as a result, I think teams are going to be a little gun-shy about giving up picks in the 2nd and 3rd round to move up a few spots in Round 1.

I see some trades happening among the top 10-15 spots as guys may fall and you have teams that may be interested in going after one of the top 3 quarterbacks. I hope I'm wrong as the trades make things more interesting, but I see the level of trade activity slowing down after that.

I dont think we will be this lucky, but that is why I posted it as a dream. I could see trades in the first part of round 2 as players fall through the cracks, and teams move up to get them.

Originally posted by Fins2theend
Ok I know alot of people have posted their opinions on what we should do on draft day and I like most fans have my idea of what a perfect draft would be so here goes.
First off we trade out of 20 to the Chargers for the 35th and 36th picks (35th aquired from NYG in deal for the #1 overall)

Never happen. That was very wishful thinking from a journalist who didn't do his homework.

Pick 35 - 550 points
Pick 36 - 540 points

Pick 20 - 850 points

We'd have to give up our 3rd rounder for that trade to work.

I still hold out hope that the Broncos want 2 guys really badly and that they would be willing to trade their 2 second rounders to us if their second guy falls to 20. Unlike the San Diego trade, that would actually even out pretty well.

i like that kinda trade....movin down to acquire more picks in the 2nd/3rd. We can get alot of young potential starters who will provide nice depth this year.

I don't want to move down more than once and I don't wanna move all the way down to 35 and here's why. How many rookies do you guys think we'll make our team this year? Not many at all. I'd say only 4 rookies will make our team so why trade down and take so many players when only 4(5 at the most) will make the team. I'd rather have quality than to draft 10 guys starting at 35. If this was a bad team then I'd love to get as many picks as posible but I want 4 guys that can make our team and I think the higher the pick the better chance we find those few players we need.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree and disagree with you I dont think all will make the cut but with the defense getting older alot of these guys could provide depth and develop into starters later on. I am particularly big on Saivii with the age we have at DT. Kent could be put on the practice squad to learn to play the pro game, I really think with a good coach he can be a good player for us. Boulware could honestly end up playing either LB or S, I love this because it gives him two shots at making the team. I would like to see him put on some weight and play LB. With Seau CLOSE to retirement and Greenwood a UFA next year we could very well use some help there. Carey would eeasily make the team as we need help at G. Schobels stock is rising right now and with the Ogun situation he would be a very good insurance policy for us for next year, and Stacy Andrews is a guy with a lot of upside and lets be honest with the sixth this guy can sit on the practice squad until we know whether he can play at the top level. So while I dont think they will all make the team on the field I think they could all still be Dolphins even if some go to the practice squad until we find out how good they can be.

I disagree. Miami needs talent more than quantity. Remember this team is trying to win now, not build for the future. It doesn't make sense to trade down for more picks when you have a legitimate shot at the 2nd rated lineman in the draft. Especially when we are so horny for an immediate impact lineman.

Back
Top Bottom