My feelings on David Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My feelings on David Boston

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
There aren't a whole lot of times where you will see me totally commit to a potential acquistion, and put all other options on the backburner. This is an exception. In my mind, Rick Spielman absolutely has to put David Boston in a Dolphins uniform. Sure, the guy is a risk. He's no locker room cancer, just different; that's not the problem. His off the field activities are the problem. In a league of 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances, a guy like David Boston who despite his problems has still put up some ridiculious numbers at times in his pro career deserves an opportunity to get a fresh start. With Jerry Sullivan on board who worked wonders with Boston in Arizona, Miami would be the perfect place for Boston to come and live up to his hype, expectations and put together more consistant play.

I like the A.J Feeley acquisition a lot, and I'm totally feeling Jeno James as our starting Left Guard. I like what they're doing with the McIntosh situation, and a guy like Bober or Williams should be a Dolphin soon. That's all great, but this is the type of move that will put the spotlight back on the Dolphins; it is a move that could bring greatness to this offense. Imagine David Boston at his full potential, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael catching passes from an acurate, poised and strong armed Feeley. That with Ricky Williams running the ball, and a young but talented offensive line. The makings of greatness. I know we're all tired of being good, we've gotta make this move that can potentially take us to the next level.

Originally posted by PhinfanBo1
There aren't a whole lot of times where you will see me totally commit to a potential acquistion, and put all other options on the backburner. This is an exception. In my mind, Rick Spielman absolutely has to put David Boston in a Dolphins uniform. Sure, the guy is a risk. He's no locker room cancer, just different; that's not the problem. His off the field activities are the problem. In a league of 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances, a guy like David Boston who despite his problems has still put up some ridiculious numbers at times in his pro career deserves an opportunity to get a fresh start. With Jerry Sullivan on board who worked wonders with Boston in Arizona, Miami would be the perfect place for Boston to come and live up to his hype, expectations and put together more consistant play.

I like the A.J Feeley acquisition a lot, and I'm totally feeling Jeno James as our starting Left Guard. I like what they're doing with the McIntosh situation, and a guy like Bober or Williams should be a Dolphin soon. That's all great, but this is the type of move that will put the spotlight back on the Dolphins; it is a move that could bring greatness to this offense. Imagine David Boston at his full potential, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael catching passes from an acurate, poised and strong armed Feeley. That with Ricky Williams running the ball, and a young but talented offensive line. The makings of greatness. I know we're all tired of being good, we've gotta make this move that can potentially take us to the next level.

Well everyone's got their varying opinions of this matter. Mine is that if we don't get him, I think the Dolphins are scared to go their own route in trying to change the team. There's just something really off about a front office like ours if they don't make this thing happen given what the price would be - which isn't much in my own personal opinion.

The guy is 2 or 3 years removed from that time he had gotten in trouble for drugs. He's obviously made a committment to himself to hone his body into the best it can be. The only real knock anyone has on the guy is that he's a little weird. So far we've turned one weirdo in Ricky Williams into a great aquisition. I feel we could do the same given the circumstances that he thrived when he worked under Sullivan and Trestman back in AZ and we've got both, especially Sullivan. For a guy in Boston who trusts very few people, he sure has a bond with Sullivan and that's a tremendous thing going in our favor.

Originally posted by PhinfanBo1

LOL, you gotta love optimism this time of the year.

I hope it goes down just like you said in the paragraph... it would be so soothing to my superbowl itch

Back
Top Bottom