My first "Brian Greise" Thread... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My first "Brian Greise" Thread...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I liked Greise in Michigan and as a rookie with Denver, but, from there on, it was thumbs down...now, If he signs with us, I guess I can give him a fair chance, and I believe being in a new system on a new team will be a good thing and can get him going again......however, what puzzles me, is the fact that we are signing him to a 1yr contract upon his request, and this is where I have trouble understanding......I mean I understand why we are bringing him here in the first place, he'd be a solid back and a great addition, but I would want to give him a chance to be our QB of the future, Although I favor Fiedler as our starter, I dont see Fiedler sticking around for many more yrs to come, I mean hes not getting any younger and do to his contract size & salary, I see him either being cut or re-constructing his contract to sit on the bench in the next couple yrs......so why not sign Greise to a longer term (at least a 3-5 yr contract), get him in here, let him learn the system, and have Fiedler as a mentor if nessecary, Why waste his and our time to signing him to a 1yr contract, I mean what can he prove to another team in 1 yr being a backup????

Back
Top Bottom