My First Ever First Round Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Ever First Round Mock

UCFinfan86

Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan
Reaction score
Miami Trades #2 for #7 and #18.
SD Trades #12 and a 5th next year for the #11 from Dallas

• San Fransisco- Aaron Rodgers QB: Even though they are having serious discussions with Alex Smith I think he wants to much money and they will settle with the cheaper QB who I think is better anyways.
  • Minnesota(From Miami)- Braylon Edwards WR: They trade up and get their guy to replace Moss without the antics.
  • Cleveland- Alex Smith QB: Trent Dilfer and Luke McCown aren’t long term QBs so they get their hopefully Franchise QB.
  • Chicago- Cedric Benson RB: They get their RB of the future, will split carries with Thomas Jones this year and then will become the fulltime starter next year.
  • Tampa Bay- Mike Williams WR: Alex Smith was a smokescreen to trade up and get Braylon but Minnesota offered a better package. They settle with Mike who might be just as good or better then Braylon and should have an immediate impact.
  • Tennessee- Antrel Rolle CB: After letting half of their team go they get a good physical shutdown corner who could be moved to Safety if need be.
  • Miami(From Minnesota)- Ronnie Brown RB: They trade down 5 picks and still get the guy they wanted all along. Their biggest need is no filled and they can trade the #18 pick for more picks or get BPA.
  • Arizona- Carnell “Cadillac†Williams RB: Marcel Shipp ain’t gonna cut it and now they get their RB who could end up being the best of the big 3.
  • Washington- Adam “Pacman†Jones CB: After losing Smoot they need someone to replace him and play on the other side of Springs. Jones could end up going to Ten and Rolle could go here.
  • Detriot- Shawne Merriman DE/LB: A tweener that can play either spot. Fills a big spot for Detriot on their Defensive line.
  • San Diego(From Dallas)- Troy Williamson WR-Traded up because they thought Dallas would take this WR. Badly need a WR to give Brees more options. Could be best WR out of the draft in a few years.
  • Dallas(From San Diego)- DeMarcus Ware DE: Pick up an extra pick and fill a huge need on the defensive line.
  • Houston- Derrick Johnson LB: Fills a big need and is BPA. Its surprising to me to see Johnson fall this far and Houston would be ecstatic.
  • Carolina- Alex Barron OT: Like Houston fills a big need and is BPA. Probably will be moved to RT.
  • Kansas City- Carlos Rogers CB: Whether KC trades for Surtain or not Rogers is the last of the top 3 CBs to be taken and a huge need for the chiefs.
  • New Orleans- Thomas Davis S- Could play LB or S but New Orleans desperately need help at Safety.
  • Cincinnati- Travis Johnson DT: Didn’t fill DT in free agency and now get the best tackle in the draft.
  • Miami(From Minnesota)- Mark Clayton: Gets their slot WR and now they don’t have to worry about WR later in the draft. Could beat out Booker for the #2 WR.
  • Saint Louis- Erasmus James DE: They need a LB more but none have the value here so they go with their 2nd biggest need and finally replace Wistrom.
  • Dallas(From Buffalo)- David Pollack DE: I think hes a typical Parcells type player. Hard worker and gives it his all. Pollack and Ware will dominate for the Cowboys for years to come.
  • Jacksonville- Brandon Browner CB: Their biggest need is CB and OG and I feel Browner is better then any avaible guards.
  • Baltimore- Jamaal Brown OT: Good value here in my opinon. Should help protect Boller and give him some more time. They could go Mark Clayton here if he slips and give them a nice 1-2 punch of Mason and Clayton.
  • Seattle- Marcus Spears DE: Will play opposite of Wistrom and they would make a good team and put a lot of pressure on the opposing QBs.
  • Green Bay- Charlie Frye QB: Their heir apparent to Favre. They hope he will be like the other MAC QBs like Leftwhich, Pennington, and Roethisberger.
  • Washington(from Denver) Jason Campbell QB: Traded a lot away to get this pick. They really love him and hope he can start right away over Ramsey.
  • New York- Marlin Jackson CB: Their secondary is weak and they didn’t really address it in Free Agency. Jackson could also play Safety if needed.
  • Atlanta- Matt Jones WR: The wildcard of the draft. Runs a 4.37 but needs a lot of work and running routes. Atlanta will take the chance to give vick a nice deep threat.
  • San Diego- Dan Cody DE: They already got their WR earlier and now they get the DE to pressure the QB.
  • Indianapolis- Channing Crowder LB: They need help anywhere in their Front 7 and Crowder provies excellent value here.
  • Pittsburgh- Heath Miller TE: Badly need a big TE and they are surprised he slips this far. He will improve their offense greatly and should soon be Big Bens favorite target.
  • Philadelphia- Roddy White WR: With the Terrell Owens fiasco and they are most likely going to release Mitchell so they could use some WR help.
  • New England- Maurice Clarett RB: Belichek wants to show that he is the best and will take this troubled RB and make him a probowler. Ok im just making sure you got this far. Odell Thurman LB: they have been rumored to have been wanting him for a while now. He’s a hard hitter and gives him youth at LB.

wow you had me scared for a while when i read your patriots pick. actually that would be great, let them pick clarett in the first............. i would consider Matt Jones with the #18

Saban doesnt have enough draft picks to take that big of a chance.

i don't think there's no way that both Frye and Campbell go first round

Why does everyone have Chicago taking Benson, while nobody else has him rated above Ronnie Brown? I think we might end up with him, if Chicago takes Brown.

I think if the trade happens we go Rolle if he is there and then S (Davis) or trade down at 18

Saban has given more attention to Rolle then any other player and he is Sabans typical player

Finfan86 said:
no opinions?

It's a pretty good mock if you ask me, I like it and it seems realistic. No complaints except for Clayton at #18. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining, I just had thought we would take an Offensive Lineman with the #18. (Maybe we'd get Jamaal Brown and Baltimore would get Mark Clayton). It really depends on who's still left and to go with the BPA. If we got Clayton with the #18, I'd be pretty happy with that, as I am with this mock. He's one helluva an athlete and underrated in my opinion because of his size and because Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams getting all the attention. Clayton would definitely be a good pick. I honestly have to say, this is one of the best mocks I've seen in awhile.. You really caught my attention at the end with the last pick. :lol: Great job, keep up the good work man.

I think you did a really good job. Those complete first round mocks are tough to put together. Howeverm I dont see Saban letting Spear slip by at #18, nor do I think Brodney Poole will slide til the second. Maybe Atll or Green Bay could be his home. Good job though. I also think the Chicago taking Benson is just wishfull thinking.

painnotpleasure said:
It's a pretty good mock if you ask me, I like it and it seems realistic. No complaints except for Clayton at #18. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining, I just had thought we would take an Offensive Lineman with the #18. (Maybe we'd get Jamaal Brown and Baltimore would get Mark Clayton). It really depends on who's still left and to go with the BPA. If we got Clayton with the #18, I'd be pretty happy with that, as I am with this mock. He's one helluva an athlete and underrated in my opinion because of his size and because Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams getting all the attention. Clayton would definitely be a good pick. I honestly have to say, this is one of the best mocks I've seen in awhile.. You really caught my attention at the end with the last pick. :lol: Great job, keep up the good work man.

i originally had the fins taking Elton Brown and then Ravens taking Jamaal Brown with Philly taking Mark Clayton, But i dont know why i changed it. Also the Benson thing is probably wishful thinking but i think that the Bears have probably scouted Benson better because for the longest time Ronnie was our guy and i think they might feel more secure in drafting him then ronnie brown.

good try.

i honestly think chicago would take brown over benson though... we'd either get cadillac or benson then at #7.

i also think at 18 we'd trade down and go QB or just pick QB there... i think Saban wants to draft a QB at somewhere in this draft (assuming we DON'T get a 2nd for surtain), he'd probably use that other first rounder to trade down for more 2nd and 3rd round picks OR draft a QB..

i agree they would try and trade down at get campbell but then that was projecting to many trades. I don't like doing the trades but i felt both of those trades would happen given teh circumstances

everythings realistic execpt maurice clarret.....what is that? I know a running back from syracuse(walter reyes) that would have a better chance of being productive or at least start in the nfl then him but the rest is good

Back
Top Bottom