My first ever mock draft. Rate it! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My first ever mock draft. Rate it!

thejetssuck

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I’m assuming a couple of these players got filmed smoking weed in a gas mask or doing other bad stuff before the draft to fall where they did but hey, everyone deserves a second chance . Let me know what you think .

19BF261E-2DEB-4B12-A3DA-38FCF410DC18.png

I’m assuming a couple of these players got filmed smoking weed in a gas mask or doing other bad stuff before the draft to fall where they did but hey, everyone deserves a second chance . Let me know what you think .

View attachment 37671
5. The Tua Pick is obvious, no explanation needed.
18. Okudha is the best CB in the draft and must have been falsely accused by a jaded lover for kicking puppies with cancer and denying the Holocaust to fall this far only to find out later she was just drunk and off her meds? Hahaha
26. Josh Jones is another no brainer. Miami needs a tackle, he is the best available and can play the left or right (probably the left) and we hope Davis can be serviceable for a year at RT.
39. Chaisson at edge, we need pass rushers obviously, must have smoked weed before combine drug testing thinking it was legal? Another guy that shouldn’t fall this far.
56. Antoine Winfield Jr. - his dad was Flores’s favorite defensive player, his son plays like him, I could see Flores banging his fist on the table for him and the dude just flat out balls!
70. Shenault- I know Miami is VERY deep at receiver but holy balls!! How do you pass on someone this talented in the 3rd round? He’s arguably the best receiver in the draft. Parker has never played a full season and Williams is coming off the ACL. This is too good to pass up!
135. Troy Pride- a good value this late in the draft with a defense that relies so heavily on a good secondary, with Howard, Okudha, Needham , Pride, Wiltz and Tankersley coming back I feel good about this group.
144. John Simpson- while Im not sure he’ll ever be a pro bowler I’m pretty confident he could have given us better guard play than any of the bums we had playing on the O-line this past season. Worst case I think he makes a great backup.
147. Michael Onwenu- see: 144 ( basically the same)
165. Khalil Tate- okay, Josh Rosen is garbage, Fitzpatrick is probably done after this year. Tua is gonna need a backup. I think this is a good developmental project who is cheaper and more promising than Rosen. And he runs like the wind and could play a Taysom Hill type role while developing. If he can beat out Rosen in the preseason we also save like 1.5 million in cap space. Low risk-potentially high reward.
177. Trevis Gipson- I picked him because obviously Miami needs pass rushers but also because ckparrothead likes him so much and I don’t know college football well enough to always know what the gems are when it comes to these much later rounds. So if CK likes him it’s good enough for me, it’s not like we’d be drafting Eddie Moore in the 2nd rd haha. Worst case? It’d only be drafting Eddie Moore in the 6th rd, I could live with that.
223. Rico Dowdle- I think RB is a position that can be filled by FA and simply made better by having an O-line that can run block for half a s-it. However, this dude seriously snagged my attention in the past season during the SC-ALA game. Dude ran like a freaking beast!! What is his story?? I haven’t done a ton of research on him but he was a man amongst men in that Alabama game and seeing some of his highlights on YouTube this dude has serious skills as a runner and a receiver!! Is it injuries?? Does he smoke crack? Is he a child molester? Dude has talent!! And like I said, I haven’t done any background research on personal life or injury history but this dude seems too talented to fall to the 7th rd assuming those things are pretty clean. Was an Adam Gase clone coaching SC telling himself not to use him the same way Gase told himself not to use Drake? Just curious. I think he is worth a stab as a 7th rounder if we pick up a Gordon or Henry as a FA..

So let me know what you think! Things you like or don’t like or would do differently etc.

They definitely got caught smoking something to fall that far! When I run that mock Okudah always goes to the Lions, getting him at 18, and Chaisson at 39 is flat out thievery!

Obviously that would be one heck of a draft but highly unlikely.

View attachment 37671
I think you're the one that was smoking something to think those players would fall like that.....lol

Let me divide this into 2 halves. First there are picks 5,18,26,39,56 and 70.

I see us taking a QB at 5. However, I think it will be Justin Herbert. I think some team trades above Miami to take Tua. I think these QB's are rated close to each other on Miami's board. Tua is ranked higher, but not enough to justify spending the draft capitol to move up for him, when you can sit tight and take Herbert.

#18: I like your Josh Jones pick. However, I think he has to be picked here. I think there will be a run on the higher rated OT's earlier in the round and we would have to take Jones here because he will be long gone before pick 26.

#26: Personally, I think they will trade this pick as they will feel that there are not 26 players with 1st round grades. If we address QB and OL with previous picks, then I think we address the defence here by going Edge or CB. If Chaisson is available here then praise the lord and pass the ammunition. Opps, I mean pass in the draft card. If he is gone, Terrell Lewis would do nicely. A name my spider sense keeps telling me is going to drop is Kristan Fulton, CB - LSU. I have no source to back this up. He did have a bad bowl game and the talking heads feel he has some weaknesses that never get mentioned. If the weaknesses get exposed at the combine and he drops to 26, do we take him?

#39: With this pick I would go either RB or CB. If Swift or Dobbins is here, They will be the pick. If not, then I look at Cameron Dantzler or Bryce Hall

#56: I love the Winfield Jr pick. He and the football are like magnet to steele. If he is gone, then I am looking for Matt Peart - OT, UConn or Tyler Biadasz - IOL, Wisconsin.

#70: For me, it's more of the same with this pick. CB's Jaylon Johnson, Jeff Gladney or OG Ben Bredeson or Logan Stenburg. A wildcard here could be Lynn Bowden - WR, Kentucky. He is more of a 4th round guy for me, but we don't have one, so maybe drasft him here.

LOL OP, if that would transpire I don't think any of us would sleep a wink in excitement for the start of 2020 season. I'm guessing you made yourself GM of all the other teams for those players to be at those spots :)

I think you're the one that was smoking something to think those players would fall like that.....lol
I suggest "animal mints & face-off". Definitely the strain I had my best mock draft with! Also I went to bed with a full belly:)

Okudah goes in the top 5-7

Chaisson probably top 15

I am hoping Chaisson or Espensa last to 18

Now for picks 135, 144, 147, 165, 177 and 223

#135: I like the Pride pick. However, as Pride has improved his stock with his Bowl game and All Star Game performances, this may be a little bit low. I also think that the team will be acquiring at least one more top 100 pick and they will use that pick to draft Pride. If Pride isn't picked here, I would be looking at Alton Robinson, Edge from Syracuse or A.J. Dillon - Big Back from Boston College. I think he could make the team as our short yardage - goal-line back.

#144: Damian Lewis - OG, LSU or Quintez Cephus - WR, Wisconsin

#147: i don't Micheal Onwenu at all, if we miss out on Damian Lewis. Otherwise, consider developmental QB's like James Morgan, Nate Stanley or Cole McDonald

#165: Alohi Gilman - S, Notre Dame, if we miss on safety earlier or Benito Jones - DT, Ole Miss as a rotational piece for the D line.

#177: Robert Windsor - DT, Penn State or a pass catching TE like Charlie Taumoepeau out of Portland State

#223: I like your Rico Wowdle pick if we don't take our second RB earlier. He meets my personal requirement of being a big back. Otherwise a developmental OT like Jack Driscoll or Charlie Heck.

That would be one hell of a draft man. Only thing I would change is one of the interior OL -make that pick a RB instead but otherwise. Wow. No way most of those players see that low of a pick but it would be amazing

Back
Top Bottom