My First Post, Over A Lot of Stuff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Post, Over A Lot of Stuff

HelpForRicky

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok....this is my first post so it may run a little long. Bare with me.

Last year, plain and simple.....the series of plays against the Pats was the worst single piece of play-calling ever. We had the lead and the ball, with a playoff bid on the line. Norv was great all year, but what the hell? We threw...three times...out of our own end zone.....with the best running-back in the game doing nothing. Norv said he "didnt want to just run three times and punt the ball" Like passing three times and punting was any better? They had stacked the line all game vs Ricky and he had killed them. I find it very hard to believe he couldnt have made 3.3 yards per for 3 carries, and took us into the playoffs. Is simple.....would you rather have the ball in Rickys hands, or in Jays hands....with the game on the line? 1700 yards rushing or 1700 INT's threw.....its a simple choice.

We are the most talented team in the league, bar-none. We have, without any doubt, a top 3 running-back.....the BEST DE.....and the BEST pair of DB's....along with a top 5 LB.......and we cant make the playoffs. Someone with more power than me needs to realize that there needs to be some ammount of blame placed on the coaches. Dave sucks.

As for this year. We have basically the same team, with the additions of depth via the draft.......Seau, Griese, and Knight. I was happy about Knight until I read a article proclaiming he tops out at a 4.9 40. I bet Moulds will like that. However, Griese could be playing (if god will bless us) by mid-season......and Seau, along with Knight, can add emotion, and perhaps the killer instinct this team needs.

Its not weather. Its not a late season swoon. We dont get tired of the cold..blah blah. Same crap. Its 2 things. Lack of good coaching, and lack of heart throughout the team. If knight and seau can sit a fire under the teams ***......we can get some more of it from thomas and some veterans.....and we play hard all the way through, were damn near unbeatable. All Jay has to do is manage the game, with our D playing tenacious.......and were the best team in the league.

superbowl: dolphins 27 giants 17
mark it

Welcome aboard.

To answer some of your statements with some of my opions, I'll said the late season thing started before Wanny got here.
The NE calls is a 20/20 hindsight thing..If they succeeded with the pass, this subject would be mute, and Norv's a genius. Don't be disappointed with Knight's 40 time, Moulds is listed as a 4.51 guy, if that's accurate..but Knight seems to know how to get in the right spot. I'm not sole on Griese, but I think he'll be a better Backup than Lucas was and not lose us a lot of games..I agree this team has to be aggressive all year to avoid getting beat. Keep posting you have interesting comments.

Welcome to the best Damn Fins website dude! In thinking back to that horrific day against New England (I'm still convinced we lost because I switched from Beer to Vodka in mid-game) Norv tried what could have actually been a pretty good idea which was saying to himself they know we're gonna run it because Ricky's all we've got so lets try passing it. Obviously it didn't work out but if it had we would probably not have him this year because someone would have seen that and whisked him away to a head coaching spot leaving us with.....Mike Shula who would have not taken that college head coaching job. So, actually it turned out pretty well for us this year but I still would have like to have seen us in the Playoffs last year instead of those mindless sh#thole bastard Jets. Godd#mn I hate those guys!!!!

Don't sweat it about Knight dude, our D was razor sharp last year and that was without Arturo Freeman having any picks, now we'll have Knight in there instead who averages 4 to 5 a year! Seau is a Frickin animal and in awesome shape. Tolver will be a stud, Thompson and Mcknight are due for a huge year, Rickys even faster and more bulked up than last year, Chambers I will guarantee barring injury he hits 1300 yards, Konrad will be featured more and he is a pass catching machine, Mcmichael will be featured all year and will light it up. Man it's gonna be awesome I'm getting F-ing misty over here just thinking about it.

Welcome to the place to be this is gonna be a helluva season.

I thought I had heard earlier in the season that DW makes the type of pay selection...and NT then selects the specific play? So, DW calls for a pass in that sort of situation.

I'm not complaining about the calls, they took a shot and didn't make it, these things happen. My beef in the last two games is much more with the Defense than the offense.

I think we'll do much better this year across the board.

Back
Top Bottom