My first quarter grade and opinion of this team! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My first quarter grade and opinion of this team!

Ilovemyfins4eva

Active Roster
Reaction score
ok fellow fin fans, i consider myself as optimistic as any fin fan there is out there, and some of you guys may disagree with the grade i give the fins after the first quarter, but im going to have to say our grade is a C so far.

now before u people start saying things like,'' well your retarted if u thought we would be better than 2-2, or '' u dont know what your talking about, or '' 2-2 is satisfying enough for me because we are still in it, etc, lets keep it real.

our season began with 2 road games. we won both of them. u know how many teams in nfl history have won the first 2 games to start the season on the road since the merger? i believe it is 10. 10 freakin teams. it does not happen a lot, yet we did it, which should have been the start to something great in south florida for the fins and all there fans worldwide.

however, just when u think we would start very strong and put a stamp on this division in 2 back to back big statement games infront of our home crowd, in the brightlights of southbeach, our team loses to the jets and then plays as ugly as a game as u will see overall vs the pats with the extra day off even to prepare.

Now when u start off 2-0, especially as stated with 2 road wins, u must take MAJOR ADVANTAGE OF IT!!. just because u get off to such a great start does not mean we are able to relax and drop one or two here. it was unacceptable. a season that looked so promising with that start, although far from over from a mathematical point of view, just lost major momentum with already being a game and a half behind the hated jets and pats, with both losses at home.

now, overall 2-2 may seem look a mediocore record before the season, but from where we were, its a major failure and whoever does not see it that way needs to open their eyes.

our qb play has been avg at best. say what u want, i am not jumping ship on henne whatsoever, i still believe in him and all and think he can pan out just fine, but he has been avg at best. ppl may say we have been way to conservative with him, but even when he throws, aside from the jet game, he just does not look sharp. yesterday may have been one of his worst performances of his young career if not his worst. his ints were balls thrown that looked like a high school qb was throwing the ball. it seemed he zeroed in on someone, and had no zip on his ball.

the running game has been a dissappointment. there stats may look ok, but us fin fans who watch the game know that from what we have seen in past years, this has not looked the same at all.

our special teams, i dont even want to talk about. they dont deserve mention. they get a BIG FAT F. They have been attrocious. they cant cover anyone on kickoff and punt coverage, and on kick and punt return game, they cant get us good field position ever. this must change. its not only our st coach, its also the players.

aside from the vikings game, it seems like we cant get consistent pressure on the qb. we have yet to force a turnover in any game aside from that. i know we almost had 2 pick 6's vs the bills, but almost does not cut it. jason allen is starting to look like the jason allen of old. wake, dansby, davis, langford, r all playing well, everyone else seems off and on. we need consistency.

bottom line, while 2-2 maybe ok with some, the situation we had, this is totally unacceptable. all momentum is gone for now and we look lost. we sit a game and a half behind the pats and jets with losses to both teams at home. we are 2 games behind the jets in division record. not good boys.

our next 4 games will make or break our season. not only r the games important for the standings in terms of wins and losses,but these games u can say will count as 2. why u may ask? becasue teams like the steelers, ravens, and bengals r all teams we will be contending with for a wildcard berth, so a loss to these teams would be like 2 losses because we would also lose the tiebreakers.

i still have faith and will never give up, but things must ****in change starting on oct 17th in gb. it will be the first of our 4 brutal games upcoming. make or break guys and no other way around it. sorry for being so long, just wanted to tell it like it is.:thanks::thanks:

I'd give Nolan an 'A-' for the defense. There's a huge lack of talent and depth out there, but his play calls have been on the money. So far teams have survived by picking on Allen, Sapp and all of the linebackers besides Dansby. Not having any depth on the line has killed us on the run.

The Offense is a 'C' in my mind. They are basically the opposite of the Defense. They have the talent but the lack of coaching consistency which has left this unit without an identity. Some games we don't attempt to stretch the field or use standard run formations to establish a power running game. When that's clearly what best suit this personnel.

I would give this offense a C+. We have had some good moments, but we have also had our bad ones. On the other side, I would give the defense a B+. I really like what Nolan is doing with this young defense, but the only reason I gave them a B+ is because we can't seem to generate a consistent pass rush.

Back
Top Bottom