MY Gameplan for the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MY Gameplan for the Draft

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
Alright, this is my gameplan:

Saturday I am going to sleep in (it's the weekend, what the hell else am I gonna do?) until about 11:30. I'll go grab myself a sub or something at Subway (it's fresh and good) then I'm going home. When I get home, I am gonna lay on my ass all damn day watching nothing but ESPN and analyzing every pick (in my head and I will definately talk about it on the site too) and what it means to the Phins. WHILE I do that, I will also be eating cans of Pringles continuously (I think I'm going to get myself 4 or 5 cans for each day) and try to gain 5-10 pounds since I'm one of the smallest WRs on my football team. That is the easiest, most fun, and most enjoyable way to gain weight in my opinion. Then, when it is the Dolphins turn, I will be screaming at my TV (either cheers or jeers depending on who we select) and biting my nails until the next time we pick. Saturday will be more interesting because it is the first 3 rounds, but Sunday will be more fun because we have so many damn picks. How you like the plan? Think I need changes? By the way, I'm too young to drink, so no bars or beers for me. :(

Well lets see, I'm on the west coast, so I have a golf tournament Saturday at 9:00 AM. It's probable that when I get home at 3:00 PM our pick will still not have happened, so I'm not missing anything.
On Sunday I have another golf tournament at 12:00 so I will play and probably drink beer on the course.

I will be moving to NY on Thursday, and hopefully will get in to NY Friday evening. I have to wake up Sat head up to best buy, and grab an entertainment center, and computer stand. I will have the TV on the floor watching the draft why I build, and then I need to put my satelite dish up. I figure it should take about all of the 1st 3 rounds to do all this, so I don't feel like I completely wasted a Sat sitting around doing nothing for 8 hours.

Having a party, this is year #10. Food, Beer, and nothing but the Draft!!!!!!!! I'm taking off mon. to recoop.

Hey, Dajesus.......

I'm here huckelberry, Johny Ringo you look like someone just walked over your grave. -Holiday M.D. Rocks

Re: Hey, Dajesus.......

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey
I'm here huckelberry, Johny Ringo you look like someone just walked over your grave. -Holiday M.D. Rocks

I was curious if anyone was going to take a stab at that one.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Screw drinking laws! You need to get a six pack of Bud for this event!:drinkers:

that what I'm thinking ...Being drunk might be the only way I can stay all day in front of T.V ...

Work a local track meet as a correspondent...

watch the draft starting around pick twenty...tape it before hand...just in case a miracle happens and Miami trades up that high...

Pray that Miami picks before 6:00...
head to the Trenton Thunder (Yanks double A affiliate)

Party with my friends in a suite...Yes!
Hook up the laptop...pray that ESPN2 is on in the suite...

Pass out by 10pm...wake up by 11:00...

watch a tape of the rest of round 2 and 3 at home.

Crack the first beer at opening segment of the draft....sit white knuckled as the 9 hour first round goes by (While my beer does the same)....Order Pizza....Send my wife on a shopping trip (ALL DAY)....pass out drunk by the start of round 3.... HA.HA..
Not quite.... I'm watching the whole draft wall-to-wall. Very little drinking alcohol..Been there.Done that.....I am going to order Pizza though....

-Get up at aboput 7:00am.

-I will make my famous lumberjack breakfast of eggs, homemade sausage, biscuits, and cofee.

-Put on full Dolphin regalia and battle gear (RW jersey, Fins hat, shorts, etc.)

-Read the paper and then sign on to the web to get the latest on the draft news.

-Tune into ESPN and start watching the draft.

-At about 1:00pm I will have delivered one dozen chicken wings and a slab of BBQ Ribs. The first beer will be cracked open.

-I will indulge my senses and watch until I have to get ready and leave for the airport for a 7 PM flight.

-I will get in Denver sometime around 11:00pm and will dash to the airport bar to have a night cap and see what happened.

Hopefully, I will have a second drink to celebrate a good pick.

Originally posted by fin-atic
-Get up at aboput 7:00am.

-I will make my famous lumberjack breakfast of eggs, homemade sausage, biscuits, and cofee.

-Put on full Dolphin regalia and battle gear (RW jersey, Fins hat, shorts, etc.)

-Read the paper and then sign on to the web to get the latest on the draft news.

-Tune into ESPN and start watching the draft.

-At about 1:00pm I will have delivered one dozen chicken wings and a slab of BBQ Ribs. The first beer will be cracked open.

-I will indulge my senses and watch until I have to get ready and leave for the airport for a 7 PM flight.

-I will get in Denver sometime around 11:00pm and will dash to the airport bar to have a night cap and see what happened.

Hopefully, I will have a second drink to celebrate a good pick.

Sounds good..I might have to copy your draft stragedy.:D

I will spend most of the morning praying that the Phins trade up for a WR.....lol....lol...:)

I'll be here and in Canephins chatroom. I have a few computers to work on this weekend. So I'll probably be doing that at the same time. Luckily, my computer, work bench, and TV are all within 5 feet of each other.....as is my couch. :)

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
I will spend most of the morning praying that the Phins trade up for a WR.....lol....lol...:)

Me too. Screw Foster, I want Washington or Bryant Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom