My goodness Te'o | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My goodness Te'o

Teo had a bad game.....He will be a Kevin Burnett type in the NFL....solid but not a game changer

This thread does not disapoint. thanks Warrior and Dave

Im no expert on the guy but my 2p in the draft area, great prospect who will be a good NFL linebacker but he has been over hyped partly due to his leadership qualities. Looking at our roster and who will be available at 12 I wouldn't take him with our pick, seems too high. He isnt Ray Lewis... despite what some would have you believe.
Not even close to ray lewis I agree and add to his GF dying story and him playing for Notre Dame got him overhyped by ESPN along with what you said

You do know Ray Lewis wasn't the highest regarded LB to come out right?

Some poeple had mid round grades on him, you would've been saying the same thing about him then as you are about Te'o now.

Bama is the closest thing to an NFL roster there is in College. Bamam pretty much made that front 4 of ND and Te'o look invisible last night, Te'o will experiance this talent and BETTER at the NFL level... They guy is still a stud, but his stock def fell last night... Now will he be better the LK in the NFL, well that's a question we won't have answered till about 3 or 4 years down the road when both have a few NFL seasons under their belt...

You do know Ray Lewis wasn't the highest regarded LB to come out right?

Some poeple had mid round grades on him, you would've been saying the same thing about him then as you are about Te'o now.
That would still be better than what Te'o really should be drafted at. But why are you comparing Te'o to ray lewis in college? They weren't anything a like. Honestly Ray wishes he had hands like Te'o

Last edited by a moderator:
Te'o is a very good player but he looked average last night. The thing that would worry me is he showed little fire and looked dazzed every time the camera did a closeup on him. I must admit I was dissapointed as he was billed to be much better than he showed......but Alabama makes alot of players bad.

If Teo is available at 12, he has to be strongly considered. One bad game, when the whole defensive side of the ND team were smashed, should not detirmine wether or not Teo is better than Luke k or not. He has been the best LB in college all year, and will be the 1st lb picked in this years draft. I think he will be top 10, and the Jets the most likely IMO.

IMO, Teo has to be strongly considered as a trade down bait to get some serious picks while drafting his fellow Golden Domer.

My buddy said two weeks ago he was overrated and now I believe it. I held my opinion on him because I had not seen much except highlights but big game you cant even put a hit on means you were confused and getting blocked.

Good player though. The Bama kid was good. CJ Mosely?

I knew this would happen lol. People blast a player after a bad bowl game and praise a player that played good in a bowl game. It's just one game! That doesn't change how they performed all year long.. It's still the same guy.

It happens every single year.

Imo, i'm happy he played bad. Now we actually have a chance to draft this guy. Hope he drops to us.

To be fair Notre Dame got destroyed in every aspect of the game. Te'o struggled but so did the entire team. With our D-line I would love to have Te'o

Last night's game was a hell of a lot more embarrassing for Zeke Motta and Notre Dame's defensive line than it was for Manti Te'o.

Zeke did struggle at times but i still like him later in the draft. He could be a great special teams player to start and add depth if nothing else. Up until last night, i thought he was a really good tackler and solid in coverage. He missed some tackles but still made a lot. I need to see how he runs at the combine and what kind of hips he has. It's hard seeing that in games b/c he plays so deep he's not on the screen to see him transition in his coverages.

Missed tackles are missed tackles have nothing to do with the dline in front of him. I'm more disappointed in how he covered the TE in the red zone. He let him go by so easily and the TE didn't even fake block. He looked lost and that's not how I want a supposed elite lb playing in big games

I knew this would happen lol. People blast a player after a bad bowl game and praise a player that played good in a bowl game. It's just one game! That doesn't change how they performed all year long.. It's still the same guy.

It happens every single year.

Imo, i'm happy he played bad. Now we actually have a chance to draft this guy. Hope he drops to us.
In case you didn't know this isn't the first time I've called how out how overrated he is. Said it weeks ago.

Guess I didn't catch that.

Either way this worked out better for us than if he played a great game. He might fall to 12 now. And if he does, goodbye slow Dansby :3w:

teo put out some ugly tape...so did the dame front line and secondary for that matter...i think top #12 stuff is overrated personally...i wouldn't do it

Back
Top Bottom