My gut feeling says we trade down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My gut feeling says we trade down

fitskin

Starter
Reaction score
I feel that we are in perfect position to trade down anywhere between 5-10 spots in the first round for a few reasons.

1. This draft has a lot of quality corners to be had anywhere in the first and second round. We could use a corner.

2. The emergence of Chad Jackson is going to make some teams want to trade up into the 14-18 range to try to pick him up. He kind of reminded me of a faster TO. Did you see how ripped he was at the combine.

Yeah saban would trade down. However we won't trade down unless he thinks he is getting equal value. Then we have to find someone to trade with us.

Would be very nice to grab some extra picks with such a deep draft.

if we were to trade down i would WANT to get chad jackson and a quality defensive line man.

PublixSubsRule said:
if we were to trade down i would WANT to get chad jackson and a quality defensive line man.

Why? and Why?

Jackson might not even be around when we pick. Last I checked we were ok in the D Line department. Plus we drafted 3 lineman last year. (Vickerson, Wright, Roth) and still have the best in the AFC (Taylor). We don't need anymore D lineman.

fitskin said:
Why? and Why?

Jackson might not even be around when we pick. Last I checked we were ok in the D Line department. Plus we drafted 3 lineman last year. (Vickerson, Wright, Roth) and still have the best in the AFC (Taylor). We don't need anymore D lineman.
We do need more D linemen if for no other reason than to provide depth. Taylor is entering his 10 season and we need to get younger. The other linemen are long in the tooth as well.

Very possible, especially if Greenway, Huff and Lawson are off the board. If any of thse guys are available, I think Saban takes one. Trading down for more picks makes a lot of sense, though. Some good OT's could also be had a few spots lower than 16 like McNeil or Scott.

fitskin said:
Why? and Why?

Saban listed defensive line as one area that needs upgrading. Vickerson, Wright and Roth haven't shown enough yet to be considered sure things. Although, the potential is there. Taylor is amazing, but a year older. Miami needs a young DT who can occupy two blockers, a must in Saban's system. Personally, I'd say CB, OT and QB are bigger needs, but Saban knows what kind of defense he needs to take the team to the next level.

Yes To All

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Saban listed defensive line as one area that needs upgrading. Vickerson, Wright and Roth haven't shown enough yet to be considered sure things. Although, the potential is there. Taylor is amazing, but a year older. Miami needs a young DT who can occupy two blockers, a must in Saban's system. Personally, I'd say CB, OT and QB are bigger needs, but Saban knows what kind of defense he needs to take the team to the next level.

Very well said...I agree to all

MiamiRon

What's going to happen is that we stay at #16 and draft an OL. Boring but solid is Saban's style.

Mr Dolfan said:
What's going to happen is that we stay at #16 and draft an OL. Boring but solid is Saban's style.

If it were Mangold, I would be very happy. Dwight Stevenson II cept bigger.

Mangold??

finfan54 said:
If it were Mangold, I would be very happy. Dwight Stevenson II cept bigger.

Jay Cutler benched one less rep than Mangold at the combine.23 reps to 24 reps!!!:sidelol:

Call me critical but I want my center to be more than a little stronger than
my quarterback.

MiamiRon

trade back and grab an OLB like Carpenter would be my hope. He didnt run at the combine and has been hurt so no senior bowl either. So he intriques me where he will go. but I would love to get him in our system if we trade back.

Ko Simpson, Darnell Bing could interest me too if we trade back far enough.

Perhaps Cromartie or Hill even but really I think we dont need a CB that much with madisen willing to renegotiate his contract.

My needs for miami are the following:

QB
OLB (3-4 only aka tweener prefered)
S
Right Guard (Rex I love at center)

lesser needs
CB
LT
WR

LT is in there because McIntosh is only 28 years olad nd I could see him lowering his contract for us instead of getting cut. CB because Poole will be back, Madisen and Daniels, we need a Nickel CB for next year pretty much only, we also have another kid too. WR, is a lesser need too but could only become more important if we cut booker. Our 1 is fine and our slot is fine. I wouldnt mind Demitrius williams in the 3rd.

If we trade down then Lawson, Carpenter and Watson are all posible picks for us(meaning one of them of course) and with the extra pick we can go DB and o-line and either LB or d-line depending on what we get with the top pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Somehow I do not think that teams will trade with the Phins. As it seems to be the Vikings are in a need of a RB and they draft just behind us. They could easily trade down and demand less than the Phins. There are plenty of nice RBs.
For the Phins it's gets tricky as on 18th and 19th place there are the Cowboys and Chargers, both in need of tackles and DBs. Which means they could easily grab the players the Fins are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom