My hopes with the new organization are.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My hopes with the new organization are....

J

jack

that

1. Dan will have the insight and authority to direct Rick to balance the player talent level between O and D. Not to swing the pendulum to the strong O, weak D as it was in most of Dan's days, but certainly much more balanced than the situation today.

2. Dan will be able to convey to Dave that the game day strategy will be less conservative and that Norv be allowed to open up the O without constriants.

3. Rick's personnel evaluation skills are superior and that the mediocre and poor player acquisitions the past four years were due to Dave's biases and his having the final say.

4. Dave will swallow his pride, accept the influences of Dan and Rick, and focus on the game day coaching activity within those constraints.

This is a lot to hope for and before I take off my homer hat and rose colored glasses, let me add that if 1-4 happen, perhaps what appears on the surface to be merely cosmetic changes can in actuality be very significant and lead to a much improved team/organization in 2004 and beyond.

those are alot of IFs, but 4 things every dolphan hopes for. There is no doubt that the personnel decision made in 2003 deserve some blood to split. So hopefully these guys w/Dan looking over them will make better decisions in 2004

Back
Top Bottom