My Ideal, Yet as always cheap off-season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Ideal, Yet as always cheap off-season

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
My preference would be drafting a QB in the third like Pickett or Schaub is he is still there. Let's say we have two firsts and two thirds because of O-Gun.

1st at 20-(trade down I love doing this) This spot is worth a mid 2, 3, and 5 rounder.

(Compensation from Eagles for O-Gun 30- Micheal Jenkins, WR Ohio St.

2- Chris Snee, Boston College G

3- Cody Pickett QB, Washington

3- Lewis Kelly DT, Miss St.

3- Randy Jordan CB, Kansas St.

4- Richard Seigler MLB, Oregon State

5- Guss Scott FS, Florida

6- Ronald Jones DE, Southern Mississippi

7- Sammy Moore WR, Washington St.

With the trade down and the O-Gun thing Miami will have 9 picks including 3 third rounders.

Jenkins will be a starter from day one and the Phins love him. Snee would be an immediate starter at G, either LG or RG, he can play both(330 pounds, great run blocker, good pass blocker). Pickett is talented and a leader, plus has work ethic. Problem with him has been inconsistency. He fires too early often. I think at the NFL he will adjust very fast due to this. Lewis Kelly can be groomed behind Bowens and provide pressure on third downs. Randy Jordan can replace Fletcher. He is a guy that could be groomed behind Madison. Seigler is a hard working guy, a bit bigger than Zach. Can help lighten the beating on Zach. Gus Scott is a good cover safety to have for when you are protecting a lead. Ronald Jones, a talented project, but DEs can produce first year if used on third downs. Sammy Moore is an unknown WR that is quick and can return. Competition for training camp, could make the fifth spot pretty easily.

FA wise I would hope they sign maybe a Brad Hopkins from Tenn. to be the RT.

QB wise I would hope Brunell and you can as you have a good pass blocker at RT.

This is a very reasonable and ideal situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
is a first actually worth that much?

honestly i dont watch enough college ball and i dont know enough about the draft to give my 2 cents...so ill have to say this sound logical to me but i dont think anyone can hit 1000 in the draft :D

Originally posted by Jaj
My preference would be drafting a QB in the third like Pickett or Schaub is he is still there. Let's say we have two firsts and two thirds because of O-Gun.

1st at 20-(trade down I love doing this) This spot is worth a mid 2, 3, and 5 rounder.

(Compensation from Eagles for O-Gun 31- Micheal Jenkins, WR Ohio St.

2- Chris Snee, Boston College G

3- Cody Pickett QB, Washington

3- Lewis Kelly DT, Miss St.

3- Randy Jordan CB, Kansas St.

4- Richard Seigler MLB, Oregon State

5- Guss Scott FS, Florida

6- Ronald Jones DE, Southern Mississippi

7- Sammy Moore WR, Washington St.

With the trade down and the O-Gun thing Miami will have 9 picks including 3 third rounders.

Jenkins will be a starter from day one and the Phins love him. Snee would be an immediate starter at G, either LG or RG, he can play both(330 pounds, great run blocker, good pass blocker). Pickett is talented and a leader, plus has work ethic. Problem with him has been inconsistency. He fires too early often. I think at the NFL he will adjust very fast due to this. Lewis Kelly can be groomed behind Bowens and provide pressure on third downs. Randy Jordan can replace Fletcher. He is a guy that could be groomed behind Madison. Seigler is a hard working guy, a bit bigger than Zach. Can help lighten the beating on Zach. Gus Scott is a good cover safety to have for when you are protecting a lead. Ronald Jones, a talented project, but DEs can produce first year if used on third downs. Sammy Moore is an unknown WR that is quick and can return. Competition for training camp, could make the fifth spot pretty easily.

FA wise I would hope they sign maybe a Brad Hopkins from Tenn. to be the RT.

QB wise I would hope Brunell and you can as you have a good pass blocker at RT.

This is a very reasonable and ideal situation.
I just posted my mock draft and now I see that we both have Picket and Snee.I have no problem with Jenkins tho I have Clayton there. I do see you going pretty heavy for defence and I won't go there till round 4. But we're close to thinking along the same lines. QB,WR and o-line help on offence.I would not take another WR as we already have Simmons, Tolver and Newson to go along with CC and our 1st round oick this coming draft if we take one there.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Back
Top Bottom