my last Boston thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my last Boston thread

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I have offically jumped off of the Boston bandwagon for a few reasons:

1. He seems to have an attitude problem, he got suspended for not doing what the Chargers wanted he too.
2. He had a couple of good years along with a couple of bad years, so he's unproven.
3. He might not work out and we would be given up a high draft pick for him, along with 3 million for his salary which is more money then CC is making as our #1 WR.

For all of those reasons I hope we forget about him and just draft a WR.

I disagree completely. He strikes fear in DBs and would help keep safeties back. Here is past of a previous post of mine.

As for those that say he has a bad attitude or breaks down.....where do you get your info. He has missed very few games. He does not typically cause any kind of internal problems. Did he yell at the strenght and training coach in SD? Yes he did, but it may have been the straw that broke the camels back. Everyone has been climbing up his a$$ about his bulk. When requested he did reduce his size and played hard for SD. HE DID NOT QUIT ON THE TEAM, they quit on him and themselves. Lastly lets leave him alone about his conditioning habbits. What goes on behind door # whatever, who cares. He passes drug tests and is a monster who runs a 4.4. Lets make him ours.

we would be giving up a 3rd rounder...we've had one really good third rounder in the last 15 years or so.

he only had one bad year, and thats because he missed 8 games due to injury.

his salary will be restructured so we dont know how much hell count yet... we will re-sign CC anyway to a big deal as soon as our FA signings are done

as for his attitude problem, he had a problem with schottenheimer as many players do he will not have a problem with wanny and sullivan because wanny is a players coach and he knows sully and is friends iwth him... i actually heard he liked trestman too. The only attitude problem was wanting to work out with his own personal trainer instead of the team, when the team asked him to cut weight, he did.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
we would be giving up a 3rd rounder...we've had one really good third rounder in the last 15 years or so.

he only had one bad year, and thats because he missed 8 games due to injury.

his salary will be restructured so we dont know how much hell count yet... we will re-sign CC anyway to a big deal as soon as our FA signings are done

as for his attitude problem, he had a problem with schottenheimer as many players do he will not have a problem with wanny and sullivan because wanny is a players coach and he knows sully and is friends iwth him... i actually heard he liked trestman too. The only attitude problem was wanting to work out with his own personal trainer instead of the team, when the team asked him to cut weight, he did.
:up: :idea: :biggrin:

This is a Ricky Williams type deal, some risk but the upside could be huge. It's worth it.

Yeah this guy is MORE than worth the risk! Give him a shot to play where he wants to, with the coach he wants to, in an enviroment where he is not only welcome but easily accepted (as we all know freaks run rabid here in Miami). I think he'll end up being one of the greats with all these intangibles in HIS favor. Sometimes pure talent isn't enough, he's got the talent and if we throw him into a system and enviroment that will cause him to produce, everyone will be happy.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I disagree completely. He strikes fear in DBs and would help keep safeties back. Here is past of a previous post of mine.

As for those that say he has a bad attitude or breaks down.....where do you get your info. He has missed very few games. He does not typically cause any kind of internal problems. Did he yell at the strenght and training coach in SD? Yes he did, but it may have been the straw that broke the camels back. Everyone has been climbing up his a$$ about his bulk. When requested he did reduce his size and played hard for SD. HE DID NOT QUIT ON THE TEAM, they quit on him and themselves. Lastly lets leave him alone about his conditioning habbits. What goes on behind door # whatever, who cares. He passes drug tests and is a monster who runs a 4.4. Lets make him ours.

He's that fast? He doen't like to workout with the team and San Diego wanted him to but he did his own workouts so he was suspended for multipel games.

Originally posted by nick19991

He's that fast? He doen't like to workout with the team and San Diego wanted him to but he did his own workouts so he was suspended for multipel games.

Your facts are a little off. He got in an argument with the team over the workouts. Marty suspended him for 1 game. Boston apologized to the team and then played well after that (finished with 70 catches, about half for 1st downs). By all accounts, he was model citizen and teammate after the suspension.

As for his speed, I haven't seen a single report that says he's over 4.4. I have seen several that say sub 4.4.

My take on this guy is that he is a loner, much like RW was. He will have few close friends on the team. He doesn't cause problems. He is not a lockerroom cancer. He had a DUI and cocaine issue two years ago. Has tested clean since and seems to have got past that. He's from a good family. He has shown the skills to be a top 3 wr in this league. He has had 1 major injury. IMO most of his problems are the result of immaturity (he's 25), but he says and does things to make you think he's growing up. If he has then Miami can solve their wr concerns for the next 6 years by signing him (and re-signing Chambers next year).

In that case I don't care if we get Boston or not, but I would love to have him, hopefully a deal will be worked out really soon like today or tomorrow I would not want him if his price went up

Originally posted by nick19991
In that case I don't care if we get Boston or not, but I would love to have him, hopefully a deal will be worked out really soon like today or tomorrow I would not want him if his price went up

NOw that you know he is not a psychological distraction on the team, not fragile and runs a 4.4 or below you dont care IF we sign him???? Have you seen his pic???? Did you know he runs a sub 4.4 and goes about TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS????????????????????????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Safeties back??? Hell they may run for the seats. How many of them go over 210lbs????:lol: Picture the spped of a ferrari and the weight of a mack truck!!!:jawdrop:

Back
Top Bottom