My last words of wisdom beofre the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My last words of wisdom beofre the draft

Roonnette

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Screw the safe pick. Screw the big strong guy who will be a probowler for 10 years on either side of the lines. At 15, screw the playmakers anywhere on the field expect for QB.

Screw the safe pick. Screw the big strong guy who will be a probowler for 10 years on either side of the lines. At 15, screw the playmakers anywhere on the field expect for QB.
I knew I always liked you for a reason.
Chubbs

Amen brother. Franchise Qb is what this team needs more than anything, and we need to now. Not 4 years from now, not 2 years from now. Get a guy at 15 who can play the most important position on the field at a high level for this year and many more to come. I don't care how good your offensive or defensive lines are, with out a franchise Qb you aren't winning anything.

In a lot of mocks I've seen over 20 guys out of the 32 have been from the O- and D-lines. There is a bumper crop of linemen, esp on the defensive side of the ball and plenty of demand for them from teams. That means there are a lot of good guys who are not linemen outside of the first round.

IMO you have to trade down and get extra picks. "Reaching" on a Top 50 player at the tail of the first will not be the cardinal sin it might be in other drafts - as the first 30 picks are choked up with linemen/LB converts. There's a lot of quality in rounds 2 to 4 in the positions we need to fill (RB, TE, OLB, QB, OG). That might well include QB (Locker, Ponder, Kaep, Stanzi..maybe Mallett at bottom of R1).

I'd prefer this route than see them pull the trigger on Pouncey, Ingram or Carimi at 15. So yeah, screw safe picks but for god's sake trade down.

Couldn't agree with you more, Mallett is our boy, don't screw this up FO.

My friend I hope your right but I am tired of getting my hopes up only to be deeply disappointed by this organization. If they go for anyone other then Mallett, Ponder or a playmaker, I hope to god they go winless and have a new regime to draft Andrew Luck.

Back
Top Bottom