My Miami Dolphins Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Miami Dolphins Mock

WelcomeBack

Active Roster
Reaction score
Keep in mind this with a few assumptions. 1: We sign LaVar Arrington. 2: We do not get Joey Harrington.

1)
229493-1.jpg

Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
Santonio Holmes, if available could be the best player at our spot. Fast wide receiver could be a solid deep threat for Daunte Culpepper. Despite his lack in height, he's taken time to work out and get to his playing weight. He could be a big threat each game.

3)
clear.gif

Darrell Hunter, CB, Miami (Oh.)
While I like Travis Daniels and Will Allen starting at CB, Hunter can provide a solid player to challenge for the Nickel Back spot and potentially start in a few years. He will also provide extra depth should Travis Daniels be moved to safety. Hunter is a playmaker and can tackle well.

4)
clear.gif

Reggie McNeal, QB, Texas A&M
While many will question Reggie McNeal as a QB, there is no denying he is an excellent athlete. Given the right coaches (Mularkey, Baggett, Garrett) and the influence from Daunte Culpepper, I feel McNeal can be a solid backup, and possible starter if Daunte Culpepper must miss games.

7)
310504-1.jpg

Domata Peko, NT, Michigan St.
With the 3-4 seemingly in tact, Saban will want to find his NT for years to come. Traylor seems at the end of his career and questions circle Wright as to whether he can be the 3-4 NT the Phins need. Insert Domata Peko. A big bruising inside man that will fit perfectly in the 3-4 scheme. Has good size and boost off the snap. May be a steal if we can get him here.

7)
clear.gif

Nate Livings, OG, L.S.U.
Saban likes his L.S.U. guys, and I feel if Nate is available here in the 7th, Nick pulls the trigger. Livings has good size and can provide even more depth to the offensive line.

7)
clear.gif

Pierre Woods, OLB, Michigan
Another good fit to the 3-4 scheme. Woods would be good depth and can provide special teams help as well.

Undrafted Free Agents
Marcus Demps, S, S.D.S.U.
Chris Denney, WR, Nebraska-Omaha
Jay McCareins, CB, Princeton

Also, to add some of my reasonings. I personally like the additions we have made so far to safety and corner back. I also feel that we have no pressing needs IF LaVar Arrington is signed. Keep in mind, I feel that if Darrell Hunter is drafted by us, there is a high possibility that Daniels moves to safety, in which case I think we could be set there. I may be wrong of course, but I don't think there's pressing needs in the secondary.

if we're looking for an immediate backup to culpepper, mcneal doesn't seem likely. especially since he's working out as a receiver.

Back
Top Bottom