My Mock 2014 Miami Dolphins Off Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock 2014 Miami Dolphins Off Season

Finfan4life1325

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Feel free to let me know where you think I was wrong on the cap, where I reached, etc.
Projected 2104 CapSpace: $32 million
Cuts: DimitriPatterson (-5.4), Matt Moore (-4.0)
Total: $40.4 million
Free Agents:
Brent Grimes - $8million per
Nolan Carroll $2million per
Chris Clemons = $3million per
Paul Soliai - $6million per
Randy Starks – Let Walk
Tyson Clabo – Let Walk
Bryant Mckinnie – Let Walk
John Jerry – Let Walk
Dustin Keller - $550k
Total = $19.5 million

Free AgentsSigned:
Brandon Albert - $8 million per
Jon Asamoah - $4 million per
Tony McDaniel - $2 million per
Total = $33.5 million

Needs: OT, OG, RB
Round 1: Zack Martin, OT/OG, Notre Dame
Round 2: Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
Round 3: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
Round 4: Andre Williams, RB, Boston College
Round 5: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia

Final Roster
Offense:
QB: Ryan Tannehill/Aaron Murray/Pat Devlin
RB: Lamar Miller/Andre Williams
WR: Mike Wallace/Brian Hartline/Brandon Gibson/RishardMatthews
TE: Charles Clay/Dustin Keller/Dion Simms
OLT: Brandon Albert
OG: Zack Martin
OC: Mike Pouncey
OG: John Asamoah

Defense:
DE: Cameron Wake/Derrick Shelby
DT: Jared Odrick/ Tony McDaniel
DT: Paul Soliai/ Tony McDaniel
DE: Olivier Vernon/Dion Jordan
OLB: Phillip Wheeler/DionJordan
MLB: Dannell Ellerbe/Shayne Skov
OLB: Kao Misi/Jelani Jenkins
CB: Brent Grimes/Will Davis
CB: Jamar Taylor/Nolan Carroll
FS: Reshad Jones
SS: Chris Clemons

looks pretty good..

although I think they will try to go into the draft with a little more cap room .... probably around the 8-10 mil range

if we do basically all that we will probably have to redo a few contracts to free up some more cap room....

Tony McDaniel is essentially the same type of player as solai. They lack in pass defense, and are both used only on run downs. Never gone happen

Looks real good. Not real sure about the rb choice (don't follow college TOO closely) but the top 3 picks would be good. I'd maybe consider someone other than Albert and pick up another corner just for injury depth or to develop

the same can be said for Odrick and Starks.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Looks real good. Not real sure about the rb choice (don't follow college TOO closely) but the top 3 picks would be good. I'd maybe consider someone other than Albert and pick up another corner just for injury depth or to develop

Albert isn't m favorite pick either, but he's been in a ZBS scheme already, and he's already been linked to Miami.

looks pretty good..

although I think they will try to go into the draft with a little more cap room .... probably around the 8-10 mil range

if we do basically all that we will probably have to redo a few contracts to free up some more cap room....

Agreed.... Wheeler or Wallace would be good candidates.

i think you are a little low on the free agent moneys to retain especially...aaron murrays an underrated qb...and andre williams is a battering ram...not much wiggle there but he's downhill with bad intentions...skov athletically is not a 3 down lb but he's got good inside run instincts...3rd round value seems solid to me...the lazor connection could bring moses and that's probably his range...50-75...just not athletically what i would prefer ideally

Prediction - Nolan Carroll will command a lot more than $2M pa. He improved a lot last year and he will get paid. The only question is whether Hickey is prepared for it.
If players like Richard Marshall and Sean Smith command top $, Carroll will probably get $3.5M+ pa. He and Grimes get the money saved from cutting Dimitri Patterson.

i agree carroll at $2 mil stands out low to me...he is worth more than that even with his last 2 games finish...which frankly was poor...he ended the season on a sour note...might price himself out of miami

I doubt Keller comes back strong this year. He probably needs another year to fully recover. I want Egnew to have another chance. Curious to see how he does in camp/preseason this year to see if he can live up to his draft stock and potential.

Best I've seen this far. This is very close to how I would draw it up. Nice work!

very nice work, i dont see Andre Williams lasting past Round 2 though, i would love for us to draft him, that is one tough ass RB right there.

Love the back from BC.
Doubt Tony is coming back to Miami.
Carroll should get paid more.
Wheeler should just be depth, however, I know the coaches will start him.
Otherwise, that's a nice looking team if the coaches can develop the players.

Back
Top Bottom