My Mock Draft 3.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock Draft 3.0

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
Here's my new mock.

Assumptions: Arrington is not landed. Nick Saban is unable to trade the 16th overall pick for more picks.

1. Manny Lawson 4-3 DE/3-4 LB North Carolina State - We don't land Peterson. We don't land Arrington. What's else left to do? Draft Manny Lawson so he can be our new Jason Taylor. The only exception is that while J.T.'s mainly a defensive end that occasionally lines up as an OLB, Manny Lawson will be an OLB that occasionally lines up as an OLB.

2. Daunte Culpepper QB UCF - :wink:

3. Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina - You want to get faster? I'll show you fatster: 4.31 40 Time. His recovery speed is amazing as well. He could play zone or man-to-man. He led his team in interceptions in 2005. So why could he be taken in the third round? Because he's coming out early with only one year of starting experience (he missed 2004 with a foot injury). He also needs help with his technique. Thank goodness that Nick Saban was a former Defensive back, eh?

4. Le Kevin Smith DT Nebraska - 316 pounds with room to get bigger. 6'2.875". A three year starter. A two-gapper. This is a quality 4th round pick.

7a. Thomas Parker WR Florida Atlantic University - This is a slightly homerish pick because I'm heading to FAU soon. But the man has hands, and he has height (6'2"). Imagine 5 WR set with Chambers (5'11"....when you don't include his 3+ foot vertical), Booker (6'), Welker (5'9"), Gibson (6'4"), and Parker (6'2"). Pretty scary, no? Plus, that'll eliminate the drop off after our 4th receiver.

7b. BPA

7c. BPA

First off. Thank you Silver for putting DC with the 2nd pick, that makes me very happy, and think of the steal we got. I dont think Joseph will be near the 3rd round, I wish, but I wont hold my breath. I dont see us drafting a DT this year. We drafted 2 last year, and you might as well put with our 5th round pick we took Manny. I doubt we go Dline. I like your other picks.
One I would like to see is in the 7th us taking QB Meyer from EWU. He is a good QB, Good size and arm, just a small school. I like where you were going with this one Silver!

Silverphin said:
Here's my new mock.

Assumptions: Arrington is not landed. Nick Saban is unable to trade the 16th overall pick for more picks.

1. Manny Lawson 4-3 DE/3-4 LB North Carolina State - We don't land Peterson. We don't land Arrington. What's else left to do? Draft Manny Lawson so he can be our new Jason Taylor. The only exception is that while J.T.'s mainly a defensive end that occasionally lines up as an OLB, Manny Lawson will be an OLB that occasionally lines up as an OLB.

2. Daunte Culpepper QB UCF - :wink:

3. Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina - You want to get faster? I'll show you fatster: 4.31 40 Time. His recovery speed is amazing as well. He could play zone or man-to-man. He led his team in interceptions in 2005. So why could he be taken in the third round? Because he's coming out early with only one year of starting experience (he missed 2004 with a foot injury). He also needs help with his technique. Thank goodness that Nick Saban was a former Defensive back, eh?

4. Le Kevin Smith DT Nebraska - 316 pounds with room to get bigger. 6'2.875". A three year starter. A two-gapper. This is a quality 4th round pick.

7a. Thomas Parker WR Florida Atlantic University - This is a slightly homerish pick because I'm heading to FAU soon. But the man has hands, and he has height (6'2"). Imagine 5 WR set with Chambers (5'11"....when you don't include his 3+ foot vertical), Booker (6'), Welker (5'9"), Gibson (6'4"), and Parker (6'2"). Pretty scary, no? Plus, that'll eliminate the drop off after our 4th receiver.

7b. BPA

7c. BPA

Jonathan Joseph won't fall in the third.

Joseph is really moving up the board and some say could go middle 1st round, even to us.

I like Manny Lawson in the first. I don't think Arrington will sign either; he'll want way too much money. Lawson gives us so many options. It appears he can be a good cover backer, because of his speed. Without a doubt, he will be a great edge pass rusher and his tackling is acceptable. With Capers, George Edwards (our talented LB coach), and Saban, this guy could develop into something really special.

As far as the 3rd pick, Claude Wroten may fall to us. A first round talent, but due to off-field issues, a steal in the 3rd. Sound like last year's 3rd round pick?

I would think our 4th round pick may be O-line or DB. Nate Salley was a great leader and solid safety for Ohio State. A little slow, but a decent overall athlete and real leader.

Back
Top Bottom