My New Look Phins.....lol | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My New Look Phins.....lol

MDolphins2003

Practice Squad
Reaction score
QB:
1) Trade for Drew Henson giving a 3rd round pick that could turn into a 1st. Chances are that it would be a 2nd.
2) Release Brian & Jay to make cap room for draft picks and other free agents. Might even resign Jay to a smaller contract while Drew is getting ready to take the reigns.

WR:
1) Cut James McKnight & Derrius Thompson.
2) Use the #20 pick to draft either (Clayton, Woods, Wlliams) if any are still on the board. If they are not draft OL.
3) Bump up Tolver & Simmons to #3 & #4. I think Tolver will emerge as the #3 this season.
4) Keep OG to help with the young guns. He still has the hands to make the big play on 3rd & 4th downs.
Draft Targets:
1) Michael Clayton
2) Reggie Williams
3) Rashuan Woods
Free Agent Targets:
1) I. Bruce

OL:
1) Do not resign Todd Wade. Go with a Free Agent or Rookie at RT. The Phins have good young players. Most still are not ready to preform at a high level of play. But the draft should have a solid starter with the #20 pick. If a WR is not on board. The Phins do not have a lot of cap room to resign Wade. But the draft will fix that.
2) Cut Todd Perry & Tim Ruddy for cao room. Tim has not done a bad job. But still yet neither have knocked players off the ball like the Phins need. The Offense is Ricky Williams so having good line should not even be a question.
Draft Targets:
1) Andrews
2) Carey
Free Agent Targets:
1) Woody* ~ The Phins NEED HIM. Center or Guard!!!

OGUN:
1) Let him go for a 1st round pick. Use it to get a OL. Use the other 1st round pick to get the WR.

My New Look Phins:
QB: Drew Henson
RB: Ricky Williams
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Rashaun Woods
WR: J.R. Tolver
WR: OG / Simmons
TE: Randy McMichael
LT: Wade Smith
LG: Seth McKinney
C: Damion Woody
RG: Taylor Whitney
RT: Veron Carey

The Phins will struggle with just about any Rookie QB. But the Phins no longer give the Rock to the QB. The just need someone to hand the ball off to the Offense Ricky Williams. Giving Ricky a WR & A MUCH IMPROVED OL. Will make Ricky a BEAST!!! If the Phins do manage to pull off having 2 picks in the 1st round. Use them on OL & WR...or yes even a DB (Gamble or Hall ..Fletcher is a gonnnnnneee!).

.......The Phins will be good to go for a few years on OfFeNse...wwwwooowww.......lol:goof:

Why would you want to Keep OG, Draft a Rookie WR, elevate Tolver to #3, AND sign Isaac Bruce???

Speaking of Tolver, isn't he kinda slow? I may be wrong, I'd like to know what his 40 time is.

Jerry Rice is slow....

Anyway..I like that new look. Its always nice to dream. The only change I would make is Rivers at QB.

I don't like the WR spot. OG is old, Tolver, Woods and Simmons unproven. Simmons had his shot and did nothing. If Tolver and woods doesn't materialize then we are screwed.

I think you need a proven WR like Jackosn or Terrell Owens. I also am not sure about Tayor Whitley on the line. Late pick last year who has yet to show anything. I would rather see a FA here.

What do you mean

Originally posted by fin-atic
I don't like the WR spot. OG is old, Tolver, Woods and Simmons unproven. Simmons had his shot and did nothing. If Tolver and woods doesn't materialize then we are screwed.

I think you need a proven WR like Jackosn or Terrell Owens. I also am not sure about Tayor Whitley on the line. Late pick last year who has yet to show anything. I would rather see a FA here.

Both Tolver and Simmons got hurt last year. Actually Simmons was doing fine and actually starting to really turn it on in the punt return game last year. I remember reading his rookie diary when we drafted him, and hear him talk about the uncertainty of making the team and suporting his new family. I just get a feeling that he could be our version of the looker kid in St Louis or Stokely in Indy. The guy didn't drop a pass at all in preseason and camp. Tolver, was hurt all last year, not sure of the exact injury but it was serious enough for them to have a glut of our camp fodder resigned from the P.S. to play. Tolver's strengths were his route running and hands, similar to gadsden, just younger and faster. He showed some flashes last preseason as well, and I bet had he not been hurt, he'd probably would've unseated DT this year.

You're right about one thing, their both unproven, but we do have some talent there, and they're both great third options. Any rookie that we bring in will strugle a bit, so we'll need both Simmons and Tolver to step up. I personally would like to see them bring in a FA wr, but since they're bringing back DT, don't hold you're breath, we have too much fish to fry.

In terms of the O-line, I could see them definetly letting Ruddy go and Wade test Free Agency. With a strong free agent o-line class, we may end up with Wade but at a much reduced price. I also see them picking up a veteran guard and them resigning Nails to battle it out with Whitley, Yates and Provost.

Honestly depending on what happens with the QB situation, I don't see Miami going o-line with the first pick unless a stud ol drops and can come in ala Todd Wade style and start right away.

I would not be suprised to see Miami go D-line or DB in the first round depending on who's on the board. Keep in mind that this draft is deep with playmaking wide receivers so Miami can conceivably get a great steal in the 3rd or 4th round if whomever they're targeting is not available when they pick also keep in mind our d-line is old and depending on what happens with Freeman, we'll need to shore up our defensive backfield becasue Marion and madison is getting old.

Also if we get Henson, you can bet they'll bring back Jay Feidler to start for one more year. They won't start a rookie and Maybe Sage will get a fair shot at starting but at least we know JF can win the first six or seven games for us before he get's injured.

i dunno if taylor whitley will be ready and woody is going nowhere he stays at NE

Originally posted by fin-atic

how will we ever know anything about tolver, simmons, or a rookie until they play? at one time, nobody knew who owens or jackson were, they were just unproven youngsters.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
QB:
1) Trade for Drew Henson giving a 3rd round pick that could turn into a 1st. Chances are that it would be a 2nd.
2) Release Brian & Jay to make cap room for draft picks and other free agents. Might even resign Jay to a smaller contract while Drew is getting ready to take the reigns.

WR:
1) Cut James McKnight & Derrius Thompson.
2) Use the #20 pick to draft either (Clayton, Woods, Wlliams) if any are still on the board. If they are not draft OL.
3) Bump up Tolver & Simmons to #3 & #4. I think Tolver will emerge as the #3 this season.
4) Keep OG to help with the young guns. He still has the hands to make the big play on 3rd & 4th downs.
Draft Targets:
1) Michael Clayton
2) Reggie Williams
3) Rashuan Woods
Free Agent Targets:
1) I. Bruce

OL:
1) Do not resign Todd Wade. Go with a Free Agent or Rookie at RT. The Phins have good young players. Most still are not ready to preform at a high level of play. But the draft should have a solid starter with the #20 pick. If a WR is not on board. The Phins do not have a lot of cap room to resign Wade. But the draft will fix that.
2) Cut Todd Perry & Tim Ruddy for cao room. Tim has not done a bad job. But still yet neither have knocked players off the ball like the Phins need. The Offense is Ricky Williams so having good line should not even be a question.
Draft Targets:
1) Andrews
2) Carey
Free Agent Targets:
1) Woody* ~ The Phins NEED HIM. Center or Guard!!!

OGUN:
1) Let him go for a 1st round pick. Use it to get a OL. Use the other 1st round pick to get the WR.

My New Look Phins:
QB: Drew Henson
RB: Ricky Williams
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Rashaun Woods
WR: J.R. Tolver
WR: OG / Simmons
TE: Randy McMichael
LT: Wade Smith
LG: Seth McKinney
C: Damion Woody
RG: Taylor Whitney
RT: Veron Carey

The Phins will struggle with just about any Rookie QB. But the Phins no longer give the Rock to the QB. The just need someone to hand the ball off to the Offense Ricky Williams. Giving Ricky a WR & A MUCH IMPROVED OL. Will make Ricky a BEAST!!! If the Phins do manage to pull off having 2 picks in the 1st round. Use them on OL & WR...or yes even a DB (Gamble or Hall ..Fletcher is a gonnnnnneee!).

.......The Phins will be good to go for a few years on OfFeNse...wwwwooowww.......lol:goof:

Woods, Woody Carey and Henson. Have you been to fantasy land lately? Woody's not coming here. I think Henson is posible. Woods and also Carey, hard to imagine but it'd be nice. I'd start Seth at center and if Nails is totaly fit to go back to his 2002 season then I'd start him at LG.With Ogun gone, be ready to see our secundary picked apart with NO pass rush at all as JT will get double every time and we'll have Jay Williams starting at LDE.

Ozzy rules!!

Woods is not slow, he's not your speed guy but he is the strong type WR which is what we need. You saw in the playoffs that the DBs are physical with WRs and no penaltys get called, So we need a big physical WR who can't get pushed around

Back
Top Bottom