My New Look Phins.....lol | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My New Look Phins.....lol

he won't get pushed around and he can jump for the ball

I don't want whitney Taylor starting, I'd rather have yates or nails.

Re: What do you mean

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Both Tolver and Simmons got hurt last year. Actually Simmons was doing fine and actually starting to really turn it on in the punt return game last year. I remember reading his rookie diary when we drafted him, and hear him talk about the uncertainty of making the team and suporting his new family. I just get a feeling that he could be our version of the looker kid in St Louis or Stokely in Indy. The guy didn't drop a pass at all in preseason and camp. Tolver, was hurt all last year, not sure of the exact injury but it was serious enough for them to have a glut of our camp fodder resigned from the P.S. to play. Tolver's strengths were his route running and hands, similar to gadsden, just younger and faster. He showed some flashes last preseason as well, and I bet had he not been hurt, he'd probably would've unseated DT this year.

You're right about one thing, their both unproven, but we do have some talent there, and they're both great third options. Any rookie that we bring in will strugle a bit, so we'll need both Simmons and Tolver to step up. I personally would like to see them bring in a FA wr, but since they're bringing back DT, don't hold you're breath, we have too much fish to fry.

In terms of the O-line, I could see them definetly letting Ruddy go and Wade test Free Agency. With a strong free agent o-line class, we may end up with Wade but at a much reduced price. I also see them picking up a veteran guard and them resigning Nails to battle it out with Whitley, Yates and Provost.

Honestly depending on what happens with the QB situation, I don't see Miami going o-line with the first pick unless a stud ol drops and can come in ala Todd Wade style and start right away.

I would not be suprised to see Miami go D-line or DB in the first round depending on who's on the board. Keep in mind that this draft is deep with playmaking wide receivers so Miami can conceivably get a great steal in the 3rd or 4th round if whomever they're targeting is not available when they pick also keep in mind our d-line is old and depending on what happens with Freeman, we'll need to shore up our defensive backfield becasue Marion and madison is getting old.

Also if we get Henson, you can bet they'll bring back Jay Feidler to start for one more year. They won't start a rookie and Maybe Sage will get a fair shot at starting but at least we know JF can win the first six or seven games for us before he get's injured.

Do you think there is any chance Jenkins falls to us in the third RD? If not I would be all for using an additional pick to trade up and get him. Love his speed and size. In a different offense he would have put up huge numbers. As for not using a 1st rder on O line I agree but only if Gallery, Andrews and Carey are gone. I think the 1st two will be gone but if Carey is there we should grab him. Versile and big would be perfect for us. If he doesn't start he could fill in anywhere, and if he does start he could shift to a different location if an injury occurs. I dont think we go D in the 1st even with two picks. I could see.
Henson-conditional 05
Clayton, Carey in 1st
D line, S or CB in the 3rd
True the WR class is deep but not homogeniuosly so. The ones at the top are SUPER talentad making those lower good steals, but you cant pass on a top WR in this class given the option.

Jenkins would never fall to our 3rd round pick

Originally posted by nick19991
Jenkins would never fall to our 3rd round pick

That may be true. It also may be true that only 6-8 teams are looking at the WR position on the first day. On some boards Jenkins may be 10th or so. I thinkn he is awesome but his #s are not great. I guess the combine will have some say too. Either way if it seems he will be picked in the second and we have not gone WR yet I say trade up and grab him ala the CC trade. His siz eand speed would be a great compliment. I also like Evans but think he would be in a similar position to Jenkins draft wise.

If OGUN is staying:

I think the Phins will trade up into the 2nd if they go with OL in the 1st.

1st: OL or WR
2nd: WR Or OL

If OGUN is gone: :( .... :)

1st: WR
1st: OL
3rd: CB or DE (May even trade up into the 2nd for a CB)
3rd: FS or DE

Back
Top Bottom