My "new" mock draft!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My "new" mock draft!!

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that we'd go o-line regarless of whether Andrews was there or not but I have since changed my mind. I think Rick's gonna go value instead of just going for a need.I think that value in round one is at WR and that's where I'm going. I also think that we'll take an o-lineman but it'll be in round 3. We can use a DT that can come in and rotate with the other guys and posibly be a starter in a couple of year but he could contribute this year as well.I also have us taking not 1 but 2 LB's as we need to start getting some young players on that defence. I know we got Moore and Jenkins but neither has done anything yet and tho I think they could turn out to be good players I want some depth there.

Now, I'm trading from 20 to the low 20's plus I'm giving up both our 7th's and getting an extra 3rd round pick. Now I have a 1st, 2 3rd's and 4th and a 6th.And here it goes.

1-Lee Evans-WR-Wisconsin-5'11,197
He's a playmaker and is been a long time since we use a 1st round pick on one.CC,Boston and Evans and then Randy and Ricky too. Wow.

3-Adrien Clarke-OG-Ohio ST.-6'5,329
I like Andrews but think he'll be gone. I also like Smiley but don't think we'll take him in round one. This guy can be a monster of a blocker if he wants to be. I'm counting on our line coach to get the best out of him. He's also big enough to move to tackle in the future.

3-Igor Olshansky-Oregon-DT-6'5,313
We need to start getting younger at DT and this guy can make playes. He's a little raw but he's got great upside imo.He can contribute this year on our rotation at DT and I think he'll push the pocket back on passing downs.I also like that name...lol

4-Rod Davis-ILB-Southern Miss-6'2,240
Zach needs a back up and this guy seems to have the tools.

6-Bryan Hickman-OLB-Kansas ST.-6'0,231
We need depth at LB even tho we got Jenkins and Moore last year. I like what those guys might bring but Moore didn't even play last year and Jenkins could be a back up which is ok for now but I wanted to have some competition and these 2 guys should at least be good ST's players.

Well, there you have it. I think is realistic that those players will be there and those are positions that we have all been talking about. I'm thinking that we can hit on one of the 2 LB's and that's fine. I like Evans not only for our offence buit also ST's.And the 2 linemen can come in and compete and both have great upside.

Ok, rip it apart guys.

Ozzy rules!!

Yes, you can get Boomers write up on him. Just click on draft central up there on top of the board.BTW fake, why do you say no way he last that long? You never know who's gonna drop and countdown has him going right about where I have him. Not saying he'll be there for sure but it is posible.

Ozzy rules!!

never mind, bout to read boomers write up on him.

I would rather draft o-line first the possibly draft wr with our 2nd since there is a stockpile of talent. However, if we did decide to take wr, i agree, i would want evans.

Re: My "new" mock draft!!

Originally posted by Danny
I was thinking that we'd go o-line regarless of whether Andrews was there or not but I have since changed my mind. I think Rick's gonna go value instead of just going for a need.I think that value in round one is at WR and that's where I'm going. I also think that we'll take an o-lineman but it'll be in round 3. We can use a DT that can come in and rotate with the other guys and posibly be a starter in a couple of year but he could contribute this year as well.I also have us taking not 1 but 2 LB's as we need to start getting some young players on that defence. I know we got Moore and Jenkins but neither has done anything yet and tho I think they could turn out to be good players I want some depth there.

I think your right on the first position we are MOST likely to draft. It's hard to argue that the best value at 20 overall wont be at WR. I still like the idea of trading back though if thats the case and grabbing an OL and WR.

Keep in mind though that someone always blows their first round pick and reach (more than just one team) or they will feel they have a hole to fill that we don't know about.....and thats when players like Andrews or Rivers can slide to us.

I'm hoping for that FS from Purdue as a RD 3 slide.

Last edited by a moderator:
nooooooooooo way we get another # 3 pick for our 2 7ths... no way!!!!

Re: Re: My "new" mock draft!!

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I think your right on the first position we are MOST likely to draft. It's hard to argue that the best value at 20 overall wont be at WR. I still like the idea of trading back though if thats the case abd grabbing an OL and WR.

Keep in mind though that someone always blows thier first round pick and reach (more than just one team) or they will feel they have a hole to fill that we don't know about.....and thats when players like Andrews or Rivers can slide to us.

I'm hoping for that FS from Purdue as a RD 3 slide.
I agree Mike, every year 1 or 2 players will drop down a lot and that's why is so hard to predict who we're gonna take. Of course I'm just having a little fun with this and I trust Rick to have a good draft for us. Also keep on mind that players don't get drafted and turn out to be fine players. Remember Joe Jacobi? He wasn't even drafted when there used to be 12 rounds and he turned out to be an all pro OT for the skins back in the 80's so anything's posible.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
nooooooooooo way we get another # 3 pick for our 2 7ths... no way!!!!
Did you read the post? I said the 2 7th's plus we're moving down in the 1st also. So the other team gets our higher 1st plus our 2 7ths and we get a lower 1st and the 3rd.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny, I read clarks info. from boomers write up. I totally agree that if we do go wr with the first, we should look hard at clark. Seems to me the only question mark is his weight. As mentioned before, I think we have the perfect system for somebody in that situation......ala bowens, chester, boston, and seau. Looks to me like he has tremendous upside and would be a great pick with our third if the situation calls for it. Especially if he can play tackle.

I really like Hickman in the 6th and evans and clark are great picks, but Olshanski will be gone but we could get a player like Mathias Askew or Junior Siavii from Oregon. I dont like Schweigert from Piurdue, he cant tackle and he wont stay healthy.

Danny, i love the mock.

However, i think there may be more value if we were to trade down if we picked up an Olineman

IMO, Carey/Grove and Sam represents better value than Evans and Clarke.

I base this on the depth of the WR class. Second round talent will be available in the third - Colbert, Cotchery, Sam etc.

I printed your mock and wiped my a$$ with it.

:jk:

Re: My "new" mock draft!!

Originally posted by Danny

Now, I'm trading from 20 to the low 20's plus I'm giving up both our 7th's and getting an extra 3rd round pick. Now I have a 1st, 2 3rd's and 4th and a 6th.And here it goes.

1-Lee Evans-WR-Wisconsin-5'11,197
He's a playmaker and is been a long time since we use a 1st round pick on one.CC,Boston and Evans and then Randy and Ricky too. Wow.

3-Adrien Clarke-OG-Ohio ST.-6'5,329
I like Andrews but think he'll be gone. I also like Smiley but don't think we'll take him in round one. This guy can be a monster of a blocker if he wants to be. I'm counting on our line coach to get the best out of him. He's also big enough to move to tackle in the future.

3-Igor Olshansky-Oregon-DT-6'5,313
We need to start getting younger at DT and this guy can make playes. He's a little raw but he's got great upside imo.He can contribute this year on our rotation at DT and I think he'll push the pocket back on passing downs.I also like that name...lol

4-Rod Davis-ILB-Southern Miss-6'2,240
Zach needs a back up and this guy seems to have the tools.

6-Bryan Hickman-OLB-Kansas ST.-6'0,231
We need depth at LB even tho we got Jenkins and Moore last year. I like what those guys might bring but Moore didn't even play last year and Jenkins could be a back up which is ok for now but I wanted to have some competition and these 2 guys should at least be good ST's players.

Well, there you have it. I think is realistic that those players will be there and those are positions that we have all been talking about. I'm thinking that we can hit on one of the 2 LB's and that's fine. I like Evans not only for our offence buit also ST's.And the 2 linemen can come in and compete and both have great upside.

Ok, rip it apart guys.

Ozzy rules!!

Very solid mock Danny. I do agree with FAKE though that NO way Olshansky is still there in the third. He is making a major climb on several boards. He is a late first round possibility and should definitely be gone by the mid second round. In ESPN the magazine this week Kiper lists him as a first round possiblity for us (as well as about six or seven other teams) along with Randy Starks and DJ Williams. Olshansky had a GREAT combine. I think we will draft a safety somewhere in there also.

That being said I love the rest of your mock.

I think you might be right on with the Lee Evans pick. Playmaker and returner that would fit our WR corps like a glove. Evans makes the most sense at WR for us. I wouldn't mind M Jenkins either. I think other possibilities are Dockett (DT), Starks (DT),
S Jones (S), Vilma (LB), DJ Williams{I hope NOT}(LB), and obviously Andrews (OT). Obviously, if a guy like T Harris or V Wilfork were to fall to us they would be a consideration also.

I would definitely LOVE to draft A Clarke in the third. This guy will be a pro-bowler someday. He will only get better and better. Rod Davis would be a solid pick as well. Good mock!!!!!

What do people think of Devard Darling or Hamilton from Clemson in the 3rd round and Shaun Phillips from Purdue as a 4th round pick? These are players that might be taken a little higher (Darling/Hamilton could be end 2/top 3 picks, Phillips could be mid 3 pick) but I think they are good options to consider seriously. Taking one of those two wrs and Phillips frees up options earlier in the draft and allows the Dolphins to trade Ogunleye much more comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom