My new recipe for sucsess | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My new recipe for sucsess

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here it is all my off season hopes and dreams. Aquire RW and a 2nd for our 1st and 3rd. Sign 1 of the following OG Naeloe, OG Stone, C Kreutz. I just heard James Farrior, the Jets leading tackler, will become a FA next week. He would solve all our LB problems. Then in the draft in the 2nd round take Marco Columbo LT from BC. In the 4th take a DT, best available. 5th take a kick returner/punt returner, Arron Locket wr Kansas St. comes to mind he is only 5'8 so he will be late round pick, he has no future at WR but would be a hell of a lot better than Ogden. Thats it. If Miami did all those, and had a little luck w/injuries they would be in the Super Bowl next season.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Here it is all my off season hopes and dreams. Aquire RW and a 2nd for our 1st and 3rd. Sign 1 of the following OG Naeloe, OG Stone, C Kreutz. I just heard James Farrior, the Jets leading tackaler, will become a FA next week. He would solve all our LB problems. Then in the draft in the 2nd round take Marco Columbo LT from BC. In the 4th take a DT, best available. 5th take a kick returner/punt returner, Arron Locket wr Kansas St. comes to mind he is only 5'8 so he will be late round pick, he has no future at WR but would be a hell of a lot better than Ogden. Thats it. If Miami did all thoose, and had a little luck w/injuries they would be in the Super Bowl next season.

Kreutz would be great, but what about the cap? Won't the Jets try to sign Farrior? But will Wannestatd cut Rodgers? (Although Rodgers should be cut) Columbo would be a good pick, but it would be tempting to pick Larry Triplett or Pig Prather if all three of these prospects are left at #44.

If we get Ricky Williams, which I hope we do for the right price, I'm gonna buy me a Ricky Williams jersey.

No way would a safety be taken in round 2. Walker or Marrion will be back, they have Freeman who is ready, and Wooden as a back up. If Triplet and Columbo are available it would be a win win situation.

Originally posted by Dajesus
No way would a safety be taken in round 2. Walker or Marrion will be back, they have Freeman who is ready, and Wooden as a back up. If Triplet and Columbo are available it would be a win win situation.

But who would you take, Tripplet or Columbo?

I don't think much of Brian Walker or Wooden, and if Marion doesn't return we should draft a safety in either the 4th, 5th or maybe even the 2nd, but I'm not the one in charge.

They say Roy Williams (a safety) will be a top 10 pick. I like the idea of a late round punt returner and a Offensive linemen in the early round. We should take a DT in the third or fourth and see if they are actually good.

i'd like to see!

5th take a kick returner/punt returner

minor get more involved in the game and return punts! he is about the same stature as irving spikes and would be hard to see over the line! :D

I don't think Colombo has the feet to play LT in the NFL, a guy like Melvin Paige from South Carolina might be a better option in the third or fourth round. I don't think we need a KR, with Minor and Ward around.

I hope we trade for Ricky, get a second rounder, and take a guard like Kendall Simmons or Fred Weary, then focus the rest of the draft on adding depth.

If we can add a star RB, and get Brent Smith/Spriggs back healthy, I think the nucleus for a Super Bowl run is there. We need DG back healthy too, though.

wake up!

if we trade for Ricky, there is a decent chance that that is all the quality we will be getting unless we sign some veteran last in FA for the min.

AS of now, we need to draft a RB #1 or a OL and I would go for the best available, but am w/b shocked :eek: if Wann-Spiel did not land someone at RB or OL in FA to make the draft easier to work with. As of now, safety is not a great position in FA, but hopefully Brock will be back or we'll sign another guy like D Porter worst case so that it is not critical for the draft. PR is definitely something we need to try to draft since Ogden must finally go and someone should compete ag. Ward if we keep Ward.

we only need a RB.........

if lamar jumps ship. with an offensive line in front i still think he can go. although you might want to get somebody to replace JJJ.

the one that has forever bothered me was terry kirby. i expected big things from that guy and my son got me his rookie card!:rolleyes:

Re: we only need a RB.........

Originally posted by dolfan06
if lamar jumps ship. with an offensive line in front i still think he can go. although you might want to get somebody to replace JJJ.

the one that has forever bothered me was terry kirby. i expected big things from that guy and my son got me his rookie card!:rolleyes:

Yeah, our #1 priority should be resigning a 32 year old runningback who can't hit the hole. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: we only need a RB.........

Originally posted by booyeah_

Yeah, our #1 priority should be resigning a 32 year old runningback who can't hit the hole. :rolleyes:
the reason he didn't hit the hole is because it was very seldom ever there in the first place!:yell:

Back
Top Bottom