My new theory | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My new theory

DolFan31

aka FinSane
Reaction score
Im starting to think this team is definately cursed.We get a '72 perfect season,some of the greatest players that ever played in this league(Marino,Csonka,Z.Thomas),a great coach(Shula),a few Super Bowl appearances and a great location.What have we done to the football gods? Now with C.Carter out,all we got now is hope.:cry: My theory is,this is definately cursed :(

Man, this ain't meant to burst your bubble, but the NFL's version of crazy Aunt Tillie living upstairs -- the difficult reality no one wants to talk about -- is that in a 32 game league your fave team should be expected to win the whole enchilada but TWICE in the average lifespan. Once every 32 years.

Even that's not guaranteed. Methusaleh (a Bengals fan) hung in there for 600 years awaiting their triumph before dying of boredom.

I guess the point is that when a team comes very close to having what it takes to take the trophy they oughta pretty much shoot the works, cuz if they peak short of the goal and start to fall it could be something like 2034 before they're there again.

I still think we can catch fire down the stretch. Fiedler will come back. Carter still might come back. It's only early November. Hell, the 2001 Patriots were 4-4 at this point last year.

I'm not sure that we're cursed...but we're definately having a cursed time with all the injuries happening to us. It's like we can't field a healthy team. Look at the injury report for tonights game. The Jets have one listed as probable. Thats it, just 1. We have 7. And it's been like that most of the year. I think that injuries are more of a leading cause to our defeats then anything else is.

Back
Top Bottom