my number 1 choice as our coach next year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my number 1 choice as our coach next year...

Cowher or Coughlin. Guys who have gotten their teams deep into the play-offs and have mean streaks to fire their teams up. I would say Green but I saw lots of him with the Vikings, and I'm not sure he is the one to push this team over the top (but then again, no guarantee that the first two are either). I don't think Stoops would want to leave Oklahoma to coach this team.

Cower has a very good D better then avg O and a very week division and can't win why does anyone think he can win here. No thanks!
Denny Green had an awsome team and was 15-1, lost at home to Atlanta in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game. He does not have what it takes to get to the next level, No thanks. No one knows what Stoops has for the NFL I just don't want to be the team to take the chance.

Wayne has won two WS with the Marlins and has one Stanley cup final apperence with the Panthers, yet we can't even sniff a SB with the Fins. I want Dave out, I don't care if Norv takes over till the end of the season thats fine. Daves Monday press confrence is the same crap as always " The guys here can do the job they just need to play better and things will turn around"... Yeah, just yesterday I saw an elephant flying over my house. Please, I wish I owned the team because Daves butt would be gone he has already lost the players.

I got flack from some fans on this site for writting after the loss to Indy that we would not win two more games this year, well the way this team looks now and the non motivating clueless coach we have, along with the remaining schedule and our December ways I think two wins is optimistic at best. As things go with this team we will have to wait for the season to end before we get a chance at a new HC, so I will wait to see who is availible at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Cower has a very good D better then avg O and a very week division and can't win why does anyone think he can win here. No thanks!

True, his team is struggling this year, but since 1994, Cowher has guided the Steelers to 6 division titles, 8 post-season wins, 4 AFC Championship Game appearances, and one Super Bowl appearance. Over this same time period, the Dolphins have 1 division title, 4 post-season wins, 0 AFC Championship Games, and 0 Super Bowls. What coach out there has a better resume?

New Coach???

Yes, Wannstedt and his staff are the problems with this team, but why bring in ANOTHER PROBLEM with Cower. He hasn't been any more successful in Pittsburgh than Wannstedt has here in Miami.
Let's go for new blood, someone who has proven they can win with a staff that is ready to take the team to the ultimate level. I don't know a great deal about him, I am not a fan of his current team, but Bob Stoop at OU has proven he is a winner, and would be the kind of motivator and innovator that is needed in this franchise.
Retreads like Cower and Wannstedt, who have never been real winners, will not help this team. Look at Parcells, everywhere he has been he has demonstrated his winners attitude, building from without and within. The coach in Tampa Bay is the same. When Don Shula came here he was young and bold, with innovative assistants and a yen to win. He did the same, building a winner with key outside acquisitions as well as motivating inside the team. I believe Stoops is the same, a winner, and ready to win in the NFL with the Miami Dolphins.
Think about it!

Re: New Coach???

Originally posted by finman109
Yes, Wannstedt and his staff are the problems with this team, but why bring in ANOTHER PROBLEM with Cower. He hasn't been any more successful in Pittsburgh than Wannstedt has here in Miami.....Let's go for new blood, someone who has proven they can win with a staff that is ready to take the team to the ultimate level.....Retreads like Cower and Wannstedt, who have never been real winners, will not help this team.

Okay, I see your point about bringing in new blood. But I disagree that Cowher is "another problem" and "hasn't been any more successful in Pittsburgh than Wannstedt". I guess if you define success purely as winning the Super Bowl, then okay, you're right. But considering that only one team can win the Super Bowl every year, I measure success a little differently.....I also take into consideration how far teams get in the play-offs, and here Cowher has Wanny beaten by a long shot. But I have already posted Cowher's stats and made my point about why I think he has been successful, so I will leave it at that.

First of all, I do like Cowher. However, I do not think there is a chance of him leaving Pitt. I just don't see any proven good NFL coaches leaving or being available. I still like Nick Saban from LSU. He has done a lot with just good talent (not great). I would like to see what he can do.

Here's another that no one has named yet...............................
Art Shell??.........worth a little debate.

I want a college coach. I don't want the Steve Spurrier type, but an all around coach who can do it on the NFL level. Bob Stoops, Nick Saban, and Tyrone Willingham are all guys who can make it in the NFL, and I would take any one of those three. Of coordinators in the NFL, guys like Charlie Weis (OC in New England) and Lovie Smith (DC in St Louis) interest me.

I dont care who it is, as long as he gets into someones *** when their not doing their job. :yell:

Cowher is sick of Pittsburgh. Trust me he wants to leave.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
I wouldn't mind Cowher. I don't know if Pittsburgh will let him go though.

No lack of intensity there...

I would LOVE to see a guy with that kind of fire coach the Dolphins...

Back
Top Bottom