My Opinion: An opportunity for Dave to shine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Opinion: An opportunity for Dave to shine

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing that has absolutely struck me through all of these horrific developments is Dave's complete inability to react in any way that shows weakness.

Everything is move-along, move-along with him.

If the phins go anywhere this season can there be any doubt that Dave is the right head coach for us?

One thing he's done well is keep an even keel for the players...now he's getting his biggest challenge yet. Keep an eye out, now is when he could truly shine.

So in other words...we have to intentionally decimate our team every off-season so Dave can shine?

I don't get it......

Dave had a mediocre team in 2000 and won a division title and had a succesful year........he then has a team loaded with talent in 02 and 03' and doesn't make the playoffs.......

I like Wanny...but if we don't have a vast improvement this year...he should go........and I don't care if we can't field 22 players come the 12th of Sept......it is put up or shut up time.

Section126 said:
So in other words...we have to intentionally decimate our team every off-season so Dave can shine?

I don't get it......

Dave had a mediocre team in 2000 and won a division title and had a succesful year........he then has a team loaded with talent in 02 and 03' and doesn't make the playoffs.......

I like Wanny...but if we don't have a vast improvement this year...he should go........and I don't care if we can't field 22 players come the 12th of Sept......it is put up or shut up time.
:up:

What it will show is that maybe the last two seasons, we had some phantom talent out there. Talent as we see it in stats and whatnot does not mean talent to win football games when it counts. We'll see. We will likely have a new QB and if he takes us far, it could be that simple, that Jay just cant win the games that count.

It could be that Ricky couldn't win the games that counted, or the defense.

ckparrothead said:
One thing that has absolutely struck me through all of these horrific developments is Dave's complete inability to react in any way that shows weakness.

If the phins go anywhere this season can there be any doubt that Dave is the right head coach for us?

One thing he's done well is keep an even keel for the players...now he's getting his biggest challenge yet. Keep an eye out, now is when he could truly shine.
Daves sounds like someone who is in "Denial" not someone who is putting on a brave front.

If the fins go 10-6 this season Dave will be coach of the year and get an extension.

ckparrothead said:

At this stage in Wanny's Bears coaching career he went something like 4-12 then the next year was the same...unfortunately I feel we will suffer a similar fate as much as I don't want to believe it. I wish I could have faith in Wanny but no matter how hard I try I can't stop feeling sick to my stomach knowing that we gave him an extension...I know this is my opinion and there'd be people who'll disagree...but if we're now at the stage where our team is rebuilding I say why not rebuild at head coach as well...

Back
Top Bottom