My Phins Analysis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Phins Analysis

Good Analysis Phins Phan

I agree with everything except the part about the schedule being that much harder. For the most part the 'Fins are playing the same teams as last year within the conference and have and easier go of things playing against the NFC North (I'm pretty sure that's the right division name for most of the old NFC Central.)

In the AFC, outside of the division, the 'Fins are pretty much playing against the AFC West and I don't think there's a power-house anywhere in that division. Especially when you consider the Raiders are playing us at home and they're sure to be wearing the black, "we're gonna fry" uni's. KC will be much improved but I still think that's a winable game, and SD and the Broncos are both going nowhere right now. There's also the Ravens but we all know that they're facing imminent collapse this year. Indi (former division rival) are the strongest team of this bunch, especially with Dungy at the helm.

The NFC North isn't anything to brag about with the Vik's who aren't going to be getting better this year, the Lions who still need a lot of work, the Bears who are a pretty good team but they played a cupcake schedule last year and were exposed in the playoffs, and GB who is the real powerhouse in that division.

As far as within the division, Miami is the best team, hands down. I don't care if the Pats are SB champs, they were a fluke. The Jests weren't that good last year and lost some key players on defense. They also have Vinny "one hit and I'm toast" Testeverde with Pennington- who, thus far hasn't shown anything- backing him up. The Bills...I won't go any further on them because they might get two more wins than last year and that'll be it.

Unless something drastic happens, the 'Fins should win at least 11 games if not 12 or 13.

Also, in Turk's defense, the guy is a stud as far a punters go. I mean look at the guy, he's built like a LB and I saw him throw some hits last year that were LB caliber. I would love to have him back but I just think the price is going to be too high. Oh well, hopefully they bring someone on board who'll do the trick.

I also have to give props to Phins054, good break down, I think things could wind up just like that. It would be sweet to sweep those nasty Jets, but if we have to split I'd rather beat them in their house.

:cool: :p :D :eat:

Originally posted by Billsfan
Phins Fan Very nice breakdown......You know what you're talking about......

Phins054.....6-2 would be amazing with that road schedule....You play in some of the toughest stadiums in the league, Denver, GB, KC and Even though we suck Buffalo.......Plus Minn, NY and NE aren't cakewalks........You guys always play tough at home....So I can see 6-2 (........I'll say 10-6 at best '(you guys would jump all over me if I said 9-7) and that's without any major injuries.

I think that's a fair prediction.

At least you still have a sense of humor because you certainly don't have a football team! :lol:

AFC EAST
Miami 12-4
NY Jets 10-6
Patriots 9-7
Buffalo 3-13

Phins Phan you're right on with your break down. :)

Originally posted by Phins Phan
Here is how I see the Phins next year, position by position:
great analysis Phins Phan

I would just the 2 biggest concerns beyond the OL:
  1. TOs - Jay INTs - RW Fs
  2. reducing stupid penalties - Lo Bro gone helps there
    [/list=1]

Re: Re: My Phins Analysis

Originally posted by dolphan39
great analysis Phins Phan

I would just the 2 biggest concerns beyond the OL:
  1. TOs - Jay INTs - RW Fs
  2. reducing stupid penalties - Lo Bro gone helps there
    [/list=1]

1. Yes totally agree on the T.O's but the penalties just killed em last year!:fire:

The offense just wasn't good enough to over come them and the defense kept giving the offenses second and third chances.
    :fire:
    Although some of those passing interferrence calls were close.:rolleyes: :D

Back
Top Bottom