My pick for #16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My pick for #16

Ronnie Brown23

oh no oh no OH YEA!
Reaction score
I say we pick Jimmy Williams at #16 out of VT hes a beast....or else trade up to get the #10 or #11 pick, honestly i know we have Daunte and Harrington, but i think Saban would take Vince if we traded up to the #10 or #11.... I would take Vince too....

they sohwed a clip of jimmy williams he looks huge like nate clements same body frame but he isnt a top cover corner
cromartie is taller ill take cromartie over williams and hill over williams

also i want the fins to pick chad jackson

As a Hokie who has watched him play for the past few years, I don't want Williams. I don't think he is as good (at least mentally) as people say he is. You can have all the physical tools in the world, but lets say you are a shutdown corner and they are only going to throw your way 2 or 3 times per game. If you get caught napping (which I think Williams does b/c they don't throw his way all the time) then it just goes for a TD which totally eliminates the purpose of being a shutdown corner... you may think this doesn't make much sense, but I've seen it happen several times. A team might not throw jimmy's way all game, but then they do and it is because he was out of position napping thinking "they aren't going to throw towards me"..

I agree we need to address the secondary, but the OL is also of supreme importance as well as our LB corp. Seau is gone and Zach will be soon too. Crowder was a great start at rebuilding it, but we still need more youngins.

H-CanePlayMaker said:
they sohwed a clip of jimmy williams he looks huge like nate clements same body frame but he isnt a top cover corner
cromartie is taller ill take cromartie over williams and hill over williams

also i want the fins to pick chad jackson

we won't be able to get jackson, we might have a chance at santonio holmes, come on we got Chambers who finally showed some stuff at the end of last year, Booker isn't bad, Welker is looking like a Proehl of sorts meaning he's never going to be a star but he maybe a solid #2 or #3 for a long time b/c of his intesnsity.. I think WR is one of our last needs.

I can't stand Williams' attitude. He's got a very *bling, bling* aura about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I'd much prefer tho Cro at 16.

Der Philth said:
I can't stand Williams' attitude. He's got a very *bling, bling* aura about him that just rubs me the wrong way. I'd much prefer tho Cro at 16.

I'd prefer Hill over all of them (except Huff, lol). I think Williams is right physically but I can't stand his attitude, it's WAY beyond the ****yness that a DB is supposed to have, it's more like a Fred SMoot and T.O. mix of "I'm the greatest thing ever, god's gift to football" etc etc. Plus he gives up some big plays because he doesn't always play smart.

Cromartie scares me with his lack of play at Corner, although he too looks great physically, the unknown factor is just too much to take him at 16th overall for my liking.

I think Tye Hill is a smaller guy (only like 5'10" I think) but his speed (4.3 40 I believe) and his cover skills make up for his height.

I'm a fan of Youboty too. He didn't have that many balls thrown his way, which is the best comliment and the best measure of your covering ability for a DB. If they didn't throw balls his way it means his man wasn't open, meaning he was doing a great job covering them.

I think 16th is a bit high for Hill or Youboty so I'd love to move down and take one of them later in round one, and hopefully pick up a 2nd rounder too. We'd get our DB for less money than if we took him at 16 AND we'd get our 2nd rounder back, it'd be like getting Daunte for FREE! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom