My pick for next head coach | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My pick for next head coach

aj13 said:
I think the coaching job will go to whoever is named GM...with that said only one guy will unseed Spielman and its Scott Pioli...If Pioli is hired Kirk Ferentz of Iowa, then Charlie Weiss then Romeo Crennel will be chosen in that order...
I also like that idea! :cooldude:

miamirw said:
That's quite a pedigree. I'd rank my choices as follows:

1. Lou Holtz - Would be a step in the direction (towards the greatest of all time - Donald Shula). The guy is a master motivator. Can he do it on the Pro level though?
2. John Gruden - I wish, but tampa won't let him go.
3. Alex Gibbs - Can't argue with his record and he understands the importance of OL.
4. Nick Saban - I haven't followed him much but they say he's a great coach who will transition well to the NFL.
No to John Gruden, I've gotten a closer look at him since I'm forced to hear alot of Bucs garbage here in the Bay area. The guys ego went thru the roof after the Superbowl and he's destroyed a team that should have had a shot at two straight. Hes brought in George Allens son to replace Rich McKay and is turning them into the over the hill gang.

You know, I think you guys are over the top opn Weiss. Here is why.

First you are downplaying Bill Belicheck. Although he is a defensive minded coach, he is an excellent leader, he is excellent in preperation, and he is excellent on game day. ALl very important factors in success in the NFL. Weiss does an excellent job, but thanks to Pioli he has excellent talent and thanks to Bill he has excellent leadership. It concerns me that he keeps interviewing for a HC job and does not get hired. It tells me that the teams do not feel like he is the creator of his own success.

Holtz? You are kidding right?

I really think Kubiak woudl be the best choice.

My next choices would be:

Stoops
Saban
Ditka

But I like the NFL exeprience and youth of GK.

Fin-atic ... thank goodness you said something ridiculous. I was beginning to worry we'd never debate again.

For you to say "You are kidding, right?" about Holtz and then throw out Ditka's name is ... well ... ridiculous. I'd rather have JJ back, and that's saying something.

I think Stoops is WAYYYYY overrated. I agree (*sigh*) though that Saban would be an attractive candidate.

Saban = all D. That is his fortey, and nothing else can be said.

I would like to see Randy Mueller brought back, AND given the GM job! He would bring instant credit to a joke team, after all the trash he talked last year on the disguise of the Spielman promotion.

Then, hire an O minded coach, such as Ferentz or Kubiak. But, with Kubiak, you will probably have to give him the GM job. Which may not be a bad idea, but I would rather see the responsibilities seperated.

Back
Top Bottom