My Postiiton Ratings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Postiiton Ratings

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
These are my ratings, feel free to comment

QB- I feel that because of the lack of a RB and the piece of **** o-line feeley didnt have a chance to really prove him self. Then again he did throw like 8 INts for Tds and 6 of them directly changed teh scor of the game. Which is amazing since if those didnt happen we would be 10-6. Ferrote really isnt going to do much, because of his age and lack of skill. Rosenfels, ill say it again. He has a great arm and has solid speed but why the heck is nobody ever giving him a chance.
Grade: 75

RB- Ronnie Brown has alot of talent but he is a rookie so that being said we really dont know how well he will perform. But Ricky could come back and mostly everyone feels he will regain his form and become a top 3 RB again. Our ackups our very good w/ Gordon, Minor and morris and possibly Kay Jay Harris, so we have good depth.
Grade: 89

TE- Mcmike is a monster and never gives up on plays. He shwoed the last few year he can be a leader. he is a pretty colid blocker. Donald lee has talent and as a #2 TE is pretty good.
Grade- 93

WRs- Chambers has had Fiedler, Lucas, Griese, and Feeley as his QBs but has still managed three 7+ TD seasons and has gotten 800+ yards every year except 2003 when he got hurt. Chambers is one of if not the most talented players in football. Booker is a pro bowler who has some of the best hands in football. Boston could regain his 1600 yard form or be a marginal starter but as our #3 he is very good. Thompson last year at the end showed he can make plays and he has good hands. Gilmore has good size and speed.

Grade: 96

O line- Last year this line was garbage and we didnt change anything except for siging MacDougle who is a very good Tackle. Whitley last year really did a good job when called upon. Seth McKinney hasnt done anything well. James was a bust. Mcintosh is ok. Carey i really dont think will live up to first round potential. Hadnot is pretty good.
Grade- 74

Defensive Ends- We probaly have the best Defensive ends in football. Jason Taylor is a beast he never gives up and always pursues teh QB. He is one of the best Pass Rushers and a very good run stopper because of his incredible agility and speed. Last year Ogun w/o him got around 5 sacks while David Bowens got 8. Mike Rucker got 3 sacks which tells me that Taylor is better than Peppers (for carolina). Kevin Carter is an impact player who can is one of the best run stopping DEs in football. Dont forget a few years ago he had 17.5 sacks as well! So that being said w/ Taylor on one side and Carter on teh other it will be hard to double team both of them. David Bowens is a goiod player who showe some potential last year. Matt Roth looks liek a monster and wil be good in the future. Vonnie Holliday is a very good starter and having him as a backup is just crazy.

Grade - 98

Defensive Tackle- Tim bo is gone but we still have some great players. Larry Chester is huge and I hope he regains his form. Kind of funny that we go from the best run stopping team in 2003. To one of the worst once Chester is gone. Keith Traylor is a great Player who knows how to stop the run and helped the Pats out greatly last year. Jeff Zgonina is a very good pass stopping DT but he isnt much against the run, I feel though that he wil be a good backup/starter.

Grade- 90

Outside Linebackers- Seau even at 36 is a impact player, who did great last year until he got injured. He is a tough *** player who never and i mean never gives up. Eddie Moore is a good player to have. Donnie Spragan can play and will do well w/ our LBs. Greenwood was going to be a very good player and I wish we kept him but lets move on.

Grade- 88

Middle Linebackers- Zach Thomas probaly the smartest player in football. While ray Lewis Career has gone down slighty every year, Thomas has stayed elite in stats every single season. Derrick Pope wil excell in the 3-4 especcialy w/ Thomas on the side. Pope showed great potential last year.

Grade- 95

Cornerbacks- Surtain is gone and Poole is hurt. We still may add someone but for now this is our CBs.
Madison is still one of the elite CBs in football and I feel he will have a bounce back year. Reggie Howard to me is an underachiver but I feel Saban will get he most out of him. Mario Edwards is ok. Travis Daniels may be good but we know zip about him.

Grade- 80

Safties- Not resigning Knight (who has the most INTs over the last 6 years in football) and Freeman will hurt us. Tebucky Jones cant hold a finger to Knight and IDK why we got rid of Knight to sign Jones who is older and worse. Tillman and Bell seem to be ok but they arent near freeman.

Grade- 74

Kickers- Mare is very good

Grade- 91

Punters- Turk excellent last year

Grade- 89

Welker is a great returner. so he gets a 94

Bua is oen of the best special teamers in football

Overall- 80

CChambers7284 said:
These are my ratings, feel free to comment

WRs- Chambers has had Fiedler, Lucas, Griese, and Feeley as his QBs but has still managed three 7+ TD seasons and has gotten 800+ yards every year except 2003 when he got hurt. Chambers is one of if not the most talented players in football. Booker is a pro bowler who has some of the best hands in football. Boston could regain his 1600 yard form or be a marginal starter but as our #3 he is very good. Thompson last year at the end showed he can make plays and he has good hands. Gilmore has good size and speed.
Grade: 96
O line- Last year this line was garbage and we didnt change anything except for siging MacDougle who is a very good Tackle. Whitley last year really did a good job when called upon. Seth McKinney hasnt done anything well. James was a bust. Mcintosh is ok. Carey i really dont think will live up to first round potential. Hadnot is pretty good.
Grade- 74

Overall- 80
First of all, Ryan Gilmore has good speed but where did u bet that idea that he has good size. 82 Gilmore, Bryan WR 6-1 195

Taylor Whitley was the worst O-linemen last year..He got benched in favor of Hadnot and you said he did a really nice job when called upon.

I agree about what you wrote about the other posisitons, but seems like we have been watching different dolphins' game.

everytime i saw taylor whitley he was on his back. i dont really care to much for gilmore either. i agreed with some stuff u said like our ends taylor the best end in the game if not freeny cater was a great pick up and i think roth is going to be a qb killer very soon

BenchFiedler said:
Review b4 you write and post. First of all, Ryan Gilmore has good speed but where did u bet that idea that he has good size.

Taylor Whitley was the worst O-linemen last year..He got benched in favor of Hadnot and you said he did a really nice job when called upon.

I don't even want to go over what you wrote about the other posisitons, but seems like we have been watching different dolphins' game.

I don't disagree about Whitley, but I think this team is as good as posted in the first post if not better. Seems to me everyone thinks we had/have a problem with talent on this team....can someone tell me when we lost all the talent??? Every year teams lose players to FA,trades,injurys and retirement thats a given. But the team we fielded last year was not much different from the previous years when we were winning 10-11 games. We had a lot of bad luck there is nothing else to say we were in almost every game without some major talent due to injury and one badly timed retirement.

We get rid of the worst bunc of coaches in the league, Bates excluded IMO. We hire a new coach that then puts together one of the best, and most expensive I might add, coaching staffs in the league. We add a RB that was drafted with the #2 overall pick and was the talk of the combine. He did more to improve his draft value then any other player, and he doesn't have to recover from a major knee injury before he even practices!!! Ricky will be back just to add another dimension to the S.Linehan O!!! We add veteran leadership and upgrade the D at the same time. Don't let their age fool you these are still pro football players. We have a nice mix of youth and experience on the team.

All in all, we have upgraded nearly every position on the team and coaching staff, and we have only lost minimal talent, our biggest loss was Surtain everyone else has been either nicely replaced or replaced with equivalent talent and the difference this year is we have a coaching staff in place thats far better then we've seen in a long time. Improvements acroos the board people, there is no reason to believe we won't have a winning season and we will not finish last in the division this year....bank on it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom