"MY" QB depth chart........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"MY" QB depth chart........

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I sign Brunell, draft Rivers, and keep sage.......cut everybody else.

1. Brunell
2. Rivers or Sage (competition)
3. Sage or Rivers.......

I will say this.......Rivers looks like a guy that can start in the NFL right away....the guy is ROBO QB.........he makes ZERO mistakes.....

I totally agree on the QB depth.
1. Brunell
2. Rosenfels
3. Rivers
I'm tired of hearing about "Well lets give him another chance or Well he knows our system and blah blah blah" Get rid of Fiedler and Griese and pick up Brunell. I cannot wait to see Rivers in a Phin uniform.

Go Dolphins

Re: "MY" QB depth chart........

Originally posted by Section126

1. Brunell
3. Sage or Rivers.......

I will say this.......Rivers looks like a guy that can start in the NFL right away....the guy is ROBO QB.........he makes ZERO mistakes.....

If Rivers looks like a guy who could start right away, then why Brunell? I wouldnt mind sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

If Rivers looks like a guy who could start right away, then why Brunell? I wouldnt mind sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

agreed,im not so sure i like the idea of brunell coming here.if we get one of the top 3 qb's in the draft,i say give them the wheel,and let him start the way p.manning did.chances are Rivers, Manning,or Big Ben probably would beat out brunell anyway.

If Rivers can start soon, then I would just as soon keep JF, at a much lower salary, then focus our FA dollars on our other needs.

Originally posted by lynchmobb34

agreed,im not so sure i like the idea of brunell coming here.if we get one of the top 3 qb's in the draft,i say give them the wheel,and let him start the way p.manning did.chances are Rivers, Manning,or Big Ben probably would beat out brunell anyway.

I'm scratchin my head on why anyone would think Brunell's coming here would be a bad idea.

Starting Rivers would be a bad idea and I shouldn't even have to tell you why. If we can get an smart, experienced, tough, QB in here to show our QB prospect the way then why wouldn't we?

Not to mention I think if we start Rivers, or whoever we draft we'd be setting ourselves up for a losing season. This team is too good to be put in the hands of a rookie, and it won't be because our front office is full of proffesionals. They will make the right decision, and that is not starting a rookie.

1. Brunell
3. Sage or Rivers.......

You can't have it both ways.

Brunell will get a good contract from some team. One that I don't wish for the Dolphins to pay should they select Rivers.

If Rivers is the pick, I like DolfanMike's idea. Draft the QB. Sign the linemen through free agency.

So if Fiedler will play for the same peanuts he did last year it's...

(Gulp)
Fiedler
Rivers
Rosenfels

When Fiedler goes down to injury, I'm prepared to watch the kid play the year out win or lose.

Re: Re: "MY" QB depth chart........

Originally posted by ZOD

You can't have it both ways.

Brunell will get a good contract from some team. One that I don't wish for the Dolphins to pay should they select Rivers.

If Rivers is the pick, I like DolfanMike's idea. Draft the QB. Sign the linemen through free agency.

So if Fiedler will play for the same peanuts he did last year it's...

(Gulp)
Fiedler
Rivers
Rosenfels

When Fiedler goes down to injury, I'm prepared to watch the kid play the year out win or lose.

I think by far this would probably be the most reasonable depth chart for the 2004 season. Now as bad as he's made out to be, Fiedler isn't really that awfull, and when compared to Mark Bruenell, its one of those, "ehhhh,, yeah but is he worth the money at his age?" I say Keep Jay(at a discounted price), draft Rivers, and when that Jewish Kid from Long Island goes down to injury in week 7, Rivers will be ready (hopefully) to take charge.

Well if Norv leaves then there really isn't any reason to keep Jay. The only reason everyone said to keep him around was because he's familiar with the offense. But if Norv is gone, all of the QBs will be learning a new system. I say sign Brunell, draft Rivers and keep Sage.

Here's my problem with Brunell....

He's old, expensive {more than Jay at least}, and looking at his numbers I can't see him being a significant upgrade over Fiedler either....

Re-structure Fiedler, draft QB P. Rivers, keep Sage, and let the three battle it out in TC. The extra cash saved form passing on Brunell, will allow us to use some on a couple FA OLman....

The OL is the biggest weakness, not QB. Why spend the bulk of our FA spending money on one player {Brunell}, who isn't really much better than what we already have at QB???....

I'm not in favor of starting Fielder, but I'd love to have him as a back-up. QB P. Rivers would beat him out in TC IMO, and he'd end up being our starter by the start of the season....

#1 P. Rivers
#2 J. Fiedler
#3 S. Rosenfels

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

I'm scratchin my head on why anyone would think Brunell's coming here would be a bad idea.

Starting Rivers would be a bad idea and I shouldn't even have to tell you why. If we can get an smart, experienced, tough, QB in here to show our QB prospect the way then why wouldn't we?

Not to mention I think if we start Rivers, or whoever we draft we'd be setting ourselves up for a losing season. This team is too good to be put in the hands of a rookie, and it won't be because our front office is full of proffesionals. They will make the right decision, and that is not starting a rookie.

Henceforth keeping jay Fiedler. Jay has won games you know. The idea is you go with JF cus he knows the offense/personell and then you bring the rook in to change the scene and the way our offense runs and then the league is going........"uh oh, we dont know this?!" Bringing in Brunell is not a bad idea, its just that maybe patience is a virtue here. You resign Jay and you gaurrantee that another team wont be looking QB in the draft (dallas) and you stick with the guy who has no learning curve whatsoever. Throw the change up! its how Pennigntons career got started. Its how Brady got started. Its how Doug Flutie became a cult hero.

1. Brunell
3. Sage or Rivers.......

Alot of this depends on what happens with O Gunn ....

:D

Marino1983

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Here's my problem with Brunell....

He's old, expensive {more than Jay at least}, and looking at his numbers I can't see him being a significant upgrade over Fiedler either....

Re-structure Fiedler, draft QB P. Rivers, keep Sage, and let the three battle it out in TC. The extra cash saved form passing on Brunell, will allow us to use some on a couple FA OLman....

The OL is the biggest weakness, not QB. Why spend the bulk of our FA spending money on one player {Brunell}, who isn't really much better than what we already have at QB???....

I'm not in favor of starting Fielder, but I'd love to have him as a back-up. QB P. Rivers would beat him out in TC IMO, and he'd end up being our starter by the start of the season....

#1 P. Rivers
#2 J. Fiedler
#3 S. Rosenfels

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Wrong, to start the season:

1. JAy Fiedler
2. SAge Rosenfels
3. Rivers

About the sixth game, when Fiedler gets injured (bound to happen)
1. Rivers
2. Sage
3. JF (injured or stunk up place)

Keep in mind here: Sage might not be here with Norv in Raider country. Sage might not even be part of the picture.

well if we do the JF- rivers- sage thing then we can pour money into the OL and maybe JF gets us 11 or 12 wins and a playoff trip! Remember we still have RW back there and if we upgrade the OL anything can happen!

I say keep Fiedler for the begining of the season, at like League Minimum, Draft Rivers and put Sage in the mix. Let the preseason work out the order.

Back
Top Bottom