My Seven Round Dolphins Projection | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Seven Round Dolphins Projection

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
/me wonders if you guys ever actually watch a game.

Sam Madison #1 corner
Patrick Surtain #2 corner
Jamar Fletcher #3 corner
Trent Gamble #4 corner who rotated between 4th and 5th dime back all year long.

So all we are looking for is a 5th DB who can compete with Gamble for the 4th corner spot.
Trent Gamble is listed as a S and was replaced in 2001 by S in McGarrahan

see http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolros0401.htmlstory

42 Trent Gamble S 5-9 195 3 Wyoming

Either way he is the safety/corner who comes in with the dime package and he has done alright, so all we need, like Van said, is a guy we can pick up before camp like we plucked Cousin last year. Instead of drafting some one who might not even be able to play in the NFL, we get an experienced player to play fourth or fifth corner and since you're not looking for a "starter quality" player you get him cheap. You go from thin to deep at the position immediately.

Originally posted by KB21
http://keithbox.tripod.com

Third round
Jarvis Green DE 6-3 273 Louisiana State

Fourth round
Ed Ta'Amu OG 6-2 335 Utah

Fifth round
Robert Royal TE 6-4 253 Louisiana State

Fifth round
Kevin Bentley OLB 6-0 242 Nortwestern

Seventh round
Jason Ball C 6-2 305 New Hampshire

I really haven't heard of any of these guys except Robert Royal and Green. Couldn't we get Green in round 4?

Why do you have us taking Green in the Seven Round Dolphins Projection, but in the mock draft you have us taking Matt Schobel?

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Trent Gamble #4 corner who rotated between 4th and 5th dime back all year long.

All year long? Didn't he finish on injured reserve? I seem to remember him getting injured near the middle of the season or something...

This is the best projection yet. I am really interested in Bentley, the more I read the more I like. Having seen Northwestern play a few games last season, Bentley always stood out, not as fantastic, but as a player to keep an eye on.

Ta'amu might not be there that late tho, but would be a good pickup if he was.

Green would be a solid pick. If he could retain his sophomore form we would be sooo lucky.

Royal would be adequate, very solid player, not a real burner tho, might not get down the seem fast enough.

7th round pick Ball I know virtually nothing about, except just seeing his name recently. No comment really, but how much effort is it worth to talk about 7th rounders anyway?? hehe

The mock you linked hasn't been updated yet. I'm waiting till the night before the draft to completely update the mock. I'm going to extend the first round and attempt to include more information in it than in any other mock draft on the net. I'm also shooting for the most accurate mock.

Kevin Bentley is a tackling machine. He had over 350 career tackles at Nortwestern. He is very instinctive and is built sort of like Morlon Greenwood. He does need to become more reactive when covering though. He has a tendancy to get a little wild and look lost when trying to cover.

I really like Jarvis Green's potential. I have a feeling that his shoulder injury effected him during his junior season, which is why you see a drop in his sack totals and his tackles for loss.

Ed Ta'Amu is a big guy that is extremely strong all over, especially in his hands. He may have one of the best hand punches in the draft. He lacks technique though and probably won't be a pulling guard in the NFL.

Jason Ball is a nasty player who looks to kill the defender he is blocking. I like the fact that he plays with a low base and blocks till the whistle blows. He just needs a year in an NFL weight program to improve his strength.

We are okay at CB. Trent Gamble played CB his senior year in college. As I said before, he did a good job playing the dime spot last year before he went down.

Right now, we have two options at dimeback.

A) Trent Gamble
B) Arturo Freeman, and inserting Wooden or Gamble at safety.

I think it's gonna be Gamble. We simply can't have two guys (Gamble and McGarrahan) doing nothing but special teams.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Doesn`t bother me one bit that we make opposing QB`s nervous. In fact I love it!

If you want to make qbs nervous it will be with the pass rush, not the coverage. Or you can take away his running game. 2 things Miami did not do last year.

Originally posted by Dajesus

If you want to make qbs nervous it will be with the pass rush, not the coverage. Or you can take away his running game. 2 things Miami did not do last year.

Yeah well.......If I were a QB who needed points and yards and every time I dropped back to pass I see that my receivers are blanketed, I would be nervous.........but maybe that`s just me.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Yeah well.......If I were a QB who needed points and yards and every time I dropped back to pass I see that my receivers are blanketed, I would be nervous.........but maybe that`s just me.
not if I were McNabb or Vick :p I would just run w/it :)

Back
Top Bottom