My take on Griese: Not Contract, Not Off the Field. Just the Player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My take on Griese: Not Contract, Not Off the Field. Just the Player

Gatorman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Brian Griese is two Qbs rolled into one. He is a dropback passer who may have the best play action fake in the league outside of a guy named manning. He has a good arm and is an intelligent QB. With a good offense around him, he will manage a game very well and set you up for a win.

That being said, he is not a "put the team on my back" kind of player. He has ZERO mobility and even less escapability in the pocket (Danny wasn't a burner(hell, he wasn't even a cinder) but he moved well in the pocket). Jason Taylor said of Griese before the epic Miami/Denver game. You pick a spot 5 yards behind the center and thats where he'll be (7 steps back then 2 up).

I like Brian, and think that he is an upgrade over Sage or O'Donnell in the #2 slot, However Jay has better Mobility, range, and understanding of this offense. Add to that Jay's fire to prove himself and WIN BALLGAMES and I can take or leave it if my backup wants too much money. I'll take neil O'donnell, a consumate team player for 1 mil before I take Brian for 3 (or 5!!!)

Gatorman

I totally agree. One of the biggest knocks that people have against fiedler is that we can't "ride" his arm if we need to, so I can't understand where anyone gets the idea that Griese is any better or that he could possibly be worth MORE than our starter.

Griese has the better arm. That's one thing going for him. I just feel that he doesn't have the same fire for the game as Fiedler. And it's a shame. Maybe getting thrown to the street in favor of another loser might light a fire under his ass again.

The why do they call him "The Dink"?, muck?.....and I think it was BroncoFox, who seemed like a knowledgeable poster, and he said that griese only completed 1 deep ball last year.....1!.....So, what do you mean when you say he has the better arm?

Back
Top Bottom