My take on the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My take on the Dolphins

adamprez2003 said:
Actually I agree with alot of what you said. I don't think Frerotte is a horrible choice as a starter. I think if he's the starter he will be average. I dont see him as a top ten quarterback but I also dont feel he'll be the worst quarterback in the league starting. My assesment of watching him play is he can move the ball if given time to throw. He's got a decent arm. His negatives are similar to Feeley's. He makes poor reads occasionally and has a tendency of throwing at least one stupid pick per game. He also has trouble when the protection breaks down. Sounds like Feeley right? The reason I believe Feeley will be the starter and I beleive the coaching is "hoping" he is, is that he has room for improvement whereas at 34, Frerotte probably can't improve anymore. If you could stae matter of factly that the Feeley we saw last year is the best he's ever gonna play than Frerotte will be our starter but I believe he will improve enough that the coaches will go with him as our starter. Only time will tell. Although I hate statistics when talking football here's a link with Frerotte's lifetime stats. Statistically not bad not great. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2869/career

Yeah, I've seen Frerotte's stats. I have actually posted them here before. Not exactly hall of fame stuff, but he has shown he can get it done on occasion. You have valid points. I think a legitimate argument could be made either way. We'll just have to see how things turn out.

Yeah I agree. Whoever wins I'll be rooting for them. Its July, the season for speculating. Come October we'll both know what we got

adamprez2003 said:
If Frerotte is our starter Of course I'll root for him. I root for the Dolphins. My assessment of the guy's abilities is simply my opinion. Noone said you have to agree. As to saying the team is hoping Feeley progresses enough to win the job, I dont feel that's anymore controversial than saying the 49ers are rooting for Alex Smith to win the starting job. I dont think calling a career backup an average starter is trashing Frerotte's abilities but maybe you disagree. Fair enough.

Frerotte a career backup?? Nah, that doesn't bother anyone....not as long as calling AJ a career 3rd STRINGER doesn't bother you.
AJ couldn't start in college or the pros, and when we give him a shot he falls on his face. How you can look at those facts and suddenly see all this potential is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, if he turns overnight into the next Dan Marino nothing would make me happier. I just don't see any more signs of that happeneing than of Brock Belin suddenly turning in to M. Vick.
As for the team pulling for him, well I doubt any of them want to see him fail, but I also doubt anyone is pulling for him over either Gus or Brock or even Sage for that matter. If Vonnie, or JT could give them a better chance to win then I am sure you would see the team pulling for one of them to be under center opening day.

TARHEEL38 said:
Frerotte a career backup?? Nah, that doesn't bother anyone....not as long as calling AJ a career 3rd STRINGER doesn't bother you.
AJ couldn't start in college or the pros, and when we give him a shot he falls on his face. How you can look at those facts and suddenly see all this potential is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, if he turns overnight into the next Dan Marino nothing would make me happier. I just don't see any more signs of that happeneing than of Brock Belin suddenly turning in to M. Vick.
As for the team pulling for him, well I doubt any of them want to see him fail, but I also doubt anyone is pulling for him over either Gus or Brock or even Sage for that matter. If Vonnie, or JT could give them a better chance to win then I am sure you would see the team pulling for one of them to be under center opening day.

Keith Traylor under center on 4th and inches would be amusing

I think the overall evaluation of our 2005 team is pretty good. As far as the QB position, we can only hope that which ever one gets the nod they execute. They don't have to be great, just adequate with the talent around them. I really think a bigger question mark is how well the backs and receivers perform and at what level. On paper this group could make alot of QB's look great. And lastly, none of this matters unless this years Oline gets its act together. I do feel all the pieces are here and we finally have a staff that can help them execute a game plan. By the way I don't think 8-8 will happen, due to all of this change we're either going to surprise a lot of people maybe 10-6 or the puzzle isn't complete and 6-10. Either way we finally have alot to look forward to this fall. Go Phins!

FinFan 61 said:
I think the overall evaluation of our 2005 team is pretty good. As far as the QB position, we can only hope that which ever one gets the nod they execute. They don't have to be great, just adequate with the talent around them. I really think a bigger question mark is how well the backs and receivers perform and at what level. On paper this group could make alot of QB's look great. And lastly, none of this matters unless this years Oline gets its act together. I do feel all the pieces are here and we finally have a staff that can help them execute a game plan. By the way I don't think 8-8 will happen, due to all of this change we're either going to surprise a lot of people maybe 10-6 or the puzzle isn't complete and 6-10. Either way we finally have alot to look forward to this fall. Go Phins!

Yeah I tend to agree that the quarterback position isn't the most important battle in determining how we do. I think the key areas that will determine how we do this year are offensive line and secondary. If those two positions pan out we'll be ok, if not we'll have more losses than wins

Back
Top Bottom