My Take on this years prospects... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Take on this years prospects...

IronChef

Club Member
Reaction score
Leinert will dissapoint...

Mario Williams is the safest pick in this years draft.... And will become a star...

Dbrickshaw Ferguson,will be solid...

AJ Hawk will be a stud...

Vernon Davis will be a bust...

Ngata will be a force to fear...

Bunkley will be a pro bowler and star

Tye Hill will be good... Not great

Kamerion Wimbley will dominate

Michael Huff will be special...

Jay Cutler will be mediocre. Gut feeling

Vince Young will once again prove all the naysayers wrong and have a great career....

Chad Jackson will be a playmaker...

Jason Allen will be the steal of the first round...

Thoughts?

Three more

Sinorice Moss will dissapoint

Santonio Holmes will be great

Chad Greenway will be a superstar

That's a lot of superstars in one draft.

Well, I'm going to have to disagree on a few of those.

At the quarterback position, there is no doubt in my mind that Jay Cutler is the cream of this quarterback crop. I think Jay is the most prepared to come in and player early, and the reason he is prepared is becaused he has faced pressure and has been hit a lot. He wasn't surrounded by superstar talent at Vanderbilt, and he almost single handedly had that team bowl eligible this past season. I think the fact that he knows what it is like to be pressured and get hit is a key though. Of the three quarterbacks in this draft, Jay is the only one that has shown the ability to stand tall in the pocket with a pass rusher bearing down on him and make the pass. He's a gunslinger that is going to throw a lot of touchdowns and make a lot of big plays in the NFL. I also think he has the highest upside of the three.

Matt Leinart has some good qualities, but I really question his arm strength. He will very likely never see a game in the NFL where he has what he had at USC. At USC, in most of their games, they simply had better talent on the field than their opposition. That gets balanced out in the NFL. He's going to have to make plays with his own ability. I think he will be a mild disappointment, but he should still be a solid quarterback.

Vince Young will be very mediocre for five seasons. I doubt he ever puts up a QB rating over 75 in the NFL and completes more than 56% of his passes in the NFL. I see him as a guy who is always going to be quick to use his feet, and he's going to get sacked a lot and get injured a good bit because of that. He lacks the passing instincts to be a top quarterback in the NFL. He will be very similar to Michael Vick as a passer and not nearly as good as a runner, and much like Michael Vick, he will be hyped up by the media even though he's not a very good quarterback.

I think A.J. Hawk is the safest pick in this draft. Of the players at the top of the draft, he's the only one that I guarantee will play in several Pro Bowls.

I think the linebacker position is the strongest position in this draft. There are three linebackers that I believe have Pro Bowl potential in the NFL. AJ Hawk, Chad Greenway, and Bobby Carpenter are those three linebackers. Behind them, there are a several others that will be starters in the NFL. Among them are Ernie Sims, DeMeco Ryans, Manny Lawson, Kamerion Wimbley, Abdul Hodge, D'Qwell Jackson, Thomas Howard, and Spencer Havner.

You just never know. So much depends on which teams pick a player, the coaching staff they have in place etc. I will say that I see Allen as a Yatil Green type who could struggle to stay on the field. Can't dismiss that he has always been injured.

Cutler WILL be a bust.
Lienert will be the great.
Hawk will be a consistant pro bowler.
Young will amaze people
Bush, well he will be everything he is expected to be.
:dolphins:

Code:
KB21 said:
Well, I'm going to have to disagree on a few of those.

At the quarterback position, there is no doubt in my mind that Jay Cutler is the cream of this quarterback crop. I think Jay is the most prepared to come in and player early, and the reason he is prepared is becaused he has faced pressure and has been hit a lot. He wasn't surrounded by superstar talent at Vanderbilt, and he almost single handedly had that team bowl eligible this past season. I think the fact that he knows what it is like to be pressured and get hit is a key though. Of the three quarterbacks in this draft, Jay is the only one that has shown the ability to stand tall in the pocket with a pass rusher bearing down on him and make the pass. He's a gunslinger that is going to throw a lot of touchdowns and make a lot of big plays in the NFL. I also think he has the highest upside of the three.

Matt Leinart has some good qualities, but I really question his arm strength. He will very likely never see a game in the NFL where he has what he had at USC. At USC, in most of their games, they simply had better talent on the field than their opposition. That gets balanced out in the NFL. He's going to have to make plays with his own ability. I think he will be a mild disappointment, but he should still be a solid quarterback.

Vince Young will be very mediocre for five seasons. I doubt he ever puts up a QB rating over 75 in the NFL and completes more than 56% of his passes in the NFL. I see him as a guy who is always going to be quick to use his feet, and he's going to get sacked a lot and get injured a good bit because of that. He lacks the passing instincts to be a top quarterback in the NFL. He will be very similar to Michael Vick as a passer and not nearly as good as a runner, and much like Michael Vick, he will be hyped up by the media even though he's not a very good quarterback.

I think A.J. Hawk is the safest pick in this draft. Of the players at the top of the draft, he's the only one that I guarantee will play in several Pro Bowls.

I think the linebacker position is the strongest position in this draft. There are three linebackers that I believe have Pro Bowl potential in the NFL. AJ Hawk, Chad Greenway, and Bobby Carpenter are those three linebackers. Behind them, there are a several others that will be starters in the NFL. Among them are Ernie Sims, DeMeco Ryans, Manny Lawson, Kamerion Wimbley, Abdul Hodge, D'Qwell Jackson, Thomas Howard, and Spencer Havner.

Disagree with almost everything you said. Exect about the linebackers. You are way off base with the QB's, its just a terrible prediction.:dolphins:

IronChef said:
Three more

Sinorice Moss will dissapoint

Santonio Holmes will be great

Chad Greenway will be a superstar
Santonio Homles will be a bust, and will always get injuried

IronChef said:
Vernon Davis will be a bust...

Kamerion Wimbley will dominate

id love to hear your reasoning for these 2. cause they are totally ludacris to me.

Mr.305 said:
Disagree with almost everything you said. Exect about the linebackers. You are way off base with the QB's, its just a terrible prediction.:dolphins:

well what are you reasons for him being wrong??

Ronnieisabeast said:
Santonio Homles will be a bust, and will always get injuried

why will holmes be a bust and get injured?? holmes has never missed a game due to injury. he may not be a number one receiver yet but he would be a good complimentary receiver to booker and chambers.

my take:
Leinert will struggle his first year but turn into a clutch starter

Mario Williams will be good but be overrated by the media

Dbrickshaw Ferguson,will be solid for 10 years

AJ Hawk will be a above average

Vernon Davis will be a inconsistent for his first 3 years

Ngata will be a relative bust

Bunkley will be a starter

Tye Hill will be good... Not great (agree)

Kamerion Wimbley will not start

Michael Huff will be special... agree

Jay Cutler will be throw too many picks but will make some plays

Vince Young will be a decent passer but a great runner that wont be injury-prone

Chad Jackson will be a solid after two years but never great

Jason Allen will be good

Lendale White will bust

deanglo williams will be the steal of the first round

Back
Top Bottom