My Take on why Wanny was retained... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Take on why Wanny was retained...

Originally posted by DolFan31
Its not even the fact that Wanny didnt address the OL and WR this offseason that was a major problem. Its his conservative playcalling. And I noticed how unconservative he was in his first season then the next year all of a sudden its like hes going to crap his pants on offense.

It's not that they're afraid to open things up. They WANT to open things up. I'm sure that Norv is dying to unleash the other 50% of his playbook that we haven't seen. The offensive personel just isn't there. And that's Wanny's fault.

This is where the new GM comes into play. The GM will be the one calling the shots on personel. Meanwhile Wanny just coaches. History shows that these arangments generally work best. Especially these days.

At the very least, we'll improve personel-wise. Mueller and Modrack are standout personel men. Among the best in the business. No more will we have Anquan Boldin-for-Eddie Moore moments.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Better coaches may be available next year...

Better coaches WILL be available next year. I think in the long run, this will be an excellent move. Why fire Wanny to hire some no-name college or NFL assistant?? Get rid of Fiedler and get Brunell in here!!!

It's Wayne's money, so I guess it's only fitting that he gets to make the choices. ;)

I'm not pleased about this, but getting a real GM is almost as good as getting rid of Wanny. If either enough personnel are brought in to competantly run Norv's offense or Norv gets fired in favor of a better OC, this might actually work. I'm not going to condemn the move, but this arrangement has a very short leash. If things look like they're going to be same old same old, I'm with you fellas...

Back
Top Bottom