My thoughts on the Feeley move | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My thoughts on the Feeley move

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Personally, I wasn't happy when I was linked to the Sun-Sentinel this afternoon, only to read the news. My initial reaction was, "F you, Rick!". But as usual after you read more and more, you tend to think more and more. By doing so, you sort of find a way to think the entire process out, and not only the move itself.

According to a various NFL sources, Miami tried to acquire Patrick Ramsey from Washington after failing to get Brunell. As you read, Miami obviously got shot down by Gibbs. So what's left on the market, that can not only solve the present, but the future as well? Do you keep Fiedler and get a rookie for the future? Well, let's see our options: We could've waited until April, only to miss out on Rivers in the draft, knowing that Losman may be a reach. We also could've traded for Henson, which was beginning to be the favorable move for Fin-fans. The problem there, was not only Henson's agent.. but the price. WQAM reported earlier that a few teams have offered Houston their 2004 2nd round draft choice, as well as a future pick. Do we have a 2nd rounder? No. Would we be able to solve all other problems with giving up a first? Possibly not. So the FO went for the easier solution, by dealing for Feeley.

Now this is where the Mike Williams Affect steps into play. With a class of receivers like Mike Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, and Roy Williams.. you bet your azz that there's a very good chance that you can get a Reggie Williams or a Mike Clayton type of player at #20. That's a chance that comes very rarely. Of course you have steals, but you rarely have players the talent of these guys drop to you in the 20's.

So basically, now we have the QB situation solved and out of the way. This gives Rick and the FO the oppurtunity to spend the majority of the offseason finding answers at two positions, rather than three. We can use free agency to focus on revamping the offensive line as much as possible. We can use draft to find our tag-team partner to Chambers.

I'm still not a fan of this move guys, but hey.. give the kid a shot. I saw plenty of Panthers fans complain last year when they found out that the 2003 season would rely on the hands of either Rodney Peete or Jake Delhomme. I'm open to giving this kid a shot.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Personally, I wasn't happy when I was linked to the Sun-Sentinel this afternoon, only to read the news. My initial reaction was, "F you, Rick!". But as usual after you read more and more, you tend to think more and more. By doing so, you sort of find a way to think the entire process out, and not only the move itself.

According to a various NFL sources, Miami tried to acquire Patrick Ramsey from Washington after failing to get Brunell. As you read, Miami obviously got shot down by Gibbs. So what's left on the market, that can not only solve the present, but the future as well? Do you keep Fiedler and get a rookie for the future? Well, let's see our options: We could've waited until April, only to miss out on Rivers in the draft, knowing that Losman may be a reach. We also could've traded for Henson, which was beginning to be the favorable move for Fin-fans. The problem there, was not only Henson's agent.. but the price. WQAM reported earlier that a few teams have offered Houston their 2004 2nd round draft choice, as well as a future pick. Do we have a 2nd rounder? No. Would we be able to solve all other problems with giving up a first? Possibly not. So the FO went for the easier solution, by dealing for Feeley.

Now this is where the Mike Williams Affect steps into play. With a class of receivers like Mike Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, and Roy Williams.. you bet your azz that there's a very good chance that you can get a Reggie Williams or a Mike Clayton type of player at #20. That's a chance that comes very rarely. Of course you have steals, but you rarely have players the talent of these guys drop to you in the 20's.

So basically, now we have the QB situation solved and out of the way. This gives Rick and the FO the oppurtunity to spend the majority of the offseason finding answers at two positions, rather than three. We can use free agency to focus on revamping the offensive line as much as possible. We can use draft to find our tag-team partner to Chambers.

I'm still not a fan of this move guys, but hey.. give the kid a shot. I saw plenty of Panthers fans complain last year when they found out that the 2003 season would rely on the hands of either Rodney Peete or Jake Delhomme. I'm open to giving this kid a shot.

This is I can agree with. I really don't know why the Panthers fans felt that way about Jake, when he played in NO he played well.

By the way if the Fins have Feely and Clayton , who gets #14?

You squared up things pretty good Chambers. Clears a few things up, and it would be nice to see a Clayton on a fins uni once again!

who gets to wear #14? Of course it BRIAN GREISE. Duh J/K

No Clayton or Williams because we are going to get Owens and draft Carey OG from Miami. Or one of the OT that seems to be moving up the board while Andrews the OT from Arkansas falls.

Owens? I doubt that. He just named a bunch of random teams because he wants to be bidded on like Ebay, son. He's Iggle-bound. Believe that.

Slim-to-none is our chances on Owens.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Good post. Now my thoughts and ramblings.
A new QB was a necessity in MIAMI this season. We are the ones that demanded it. Feeley might have been our best option.
1. RIVERS- my personal favorite (also many others). Will he still be there at #20 though???? With him moving up draft boards and all of the buzz, chances are he is gone before #20. Pitt and Buff are talking about him.
2. RAMSEY- my second choice, but at what expense? Losing our first this year would have sucked because we had no second either. It is all for not because Gibbs wasn't trading anyways.
3. FEELEY- young, has potential. 2005 draft choice. ready to start now. Not a bad move by our FO.
4. HENSON- NOT READY TO PLAY YET. Price seems to be increasing and either GB or BUFF already has made a deal. OFF THE MARKET. HUGE ?????? anyhow!!
5. BRUNELL- TOO much $$$$ + a third rounder this year. OUTBID.
6. OTHERS- Garcia, Warner... $$$$$+age

I will be very disappointed if Rivers is still there at #20. Chances are he is gone anyways.
I am a little confused on the details of the offer. There are too many conflicting stories. I hope it is a 2005 third that can become a second round pick. That, I can handle.
$18 million for 5 years seems like a bit too much money for Feeley. I could see $13-$14 million for five years. I think we paid a little too much money.
I also think we keep Fiedler now if he accepts a paycut. If not, that leaves us Sage, Feeley, and a lot to be nervous about.
I am now in favor of keeping Ogun with a heavy backloaded contract. I wanted to lose him for picks, but now that we have a young potential QB, we don't need the other first round pick as much. We can get a lineman or two in Free Agency and in the third or fourth round.
We HAVE to take a WR in the first. I can't believe the talent at WR in this year's draft!!! Clayton, Reg Williams, or Jenkins are my favorites. Lee Evans will be a STEAL for someone in the second round as well. Grove or Carey are other first-round potential fits for us if we lose Ogun.
I AM EXCITED!!!!
BE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!!
At least we made a change.
Let's give AJ a shot. Fans in Philly love him. Trestman knows more about this kid than we do, and he wanted him. He will do just fine here. I have no choice but to support my new QB and hope he does well. We have talked about acquiring him for a while now, so there was obviously something we really liked about him. The chance came and the price was right, so we made the move. He wasn't my first choice, but he wasn't my last choice either. I am definitely willing to give him a chance and so should you all!!!!!

im surprised dolphins17-0 didnt post on this thread. he said it good in one of the Ramsey post.

link: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32646&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
We don't need a peyton manning to win the super bowl with this team. Patrick Ramsey is just enough of an upgrade for the current team with the potential to be great for our future

same thing could apply for AJ & maybe even to Rivers or Henson. we should give AJ a chance. we already had JF for 4 yrs. cant be that bad. we just gotta have faith. yes, i said it many times & will continue on saying it.

Back
Top Bottom