My Thoughts On The Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Thoughts On The Game

Ginn & Juice

The Grand Champ
Reaction score
Offensively we played great which shows that we can compete with these elite teams in the league. Yes, our defense decided not to show up today, but regardless of the good season we are having, we were not supposed to win this game but we hung in there in a shootout with one of the best teams in the league. Bottom line is that we can't win them all but I still feel very good about this team and i can wait till next week when we travel to St. Louis. We have no reason to hang our heads on this loss. If someone would've told me we would start the season at 6-5 before the season began I wouldn't believe it. Lets take care of business vs the Rams, Chiefs and Niners which are must win games for us and battle it out with the Bills and Jets. I am very pleased with where we stand today and so should all of you Dolfans.

Good philosophy to have, and I agree with it. We can't win them all, and to be honest, I wasn't upset with how we played. New England executed real well on offense, and Moss made some incredible plays on balls, they were the better team today.

Everybody getting on the coverage, the coverage wasn't bad . . . seriously. Yea they converted on 3rd downs . . . Cassell had all day in most of those situations . . . and it could be Moss or Gaffney . . . or anybody, when u have that much time, there is only so much u can do. We lost the battle up front, the battle we won in week 3. That is the biggest reason for their success on offense . . . not the secondary. U gamble with one on one coverage against New England, and we ran man most of the game. I kind of understood why, we wanted to pressure Cassell . . . that is fine, but when u do that, u better get there, and not give Matt all day, and thats what we did.

It is a learning game, and sometimes u need games like this to put things back in perspective. We are still very much in this, I still think our CB's are fine . . . people really think Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins would have done better against Moss? Gimme a break, it was their day today, and thats it . . . we had our day in week 3 . . . its a division game . . . they all are tough. We will regroup against St. Louis before a GIANT game against Buffalo. That Buffalo game will be critical.

Nobody needs to be "called out" . . . not Satele, not J. Allen, not Renaldo Hill and not Ted Ginn . . . 4 names that I have seen on the boards today . . . . if we want our revenge, we need to keep winning and hope to see them again in the playoffs. Let's not let this game sidetrack us.

I felt better about this loss then I had the past two wins (sound stupid I know) but the game was exciting, and they were in it most of the game.

Offensively we played great which shows that we can compete with these elite teams in the league. Yes, our defense decided not to show up today, but regardless of the good season we are having, we were not supposed to win this game but we hung in there in a shootout with one of the best teams in the league. Bottom line is that we can't win them all but I still feel very good about this team and i can wait till next week when we travel to St. Louis. We have no reason to hang our heads on this loss. If someone would've told me we would start the season at 6-5 before the season began I wouldn't believe it. Lets take care of business vs the Rams, Chiefs and Niners which are must win games for us and battle it out with the Bills and Jets. I am very pleased with where we stand today and so should all of you Dolfans.
Good outlook, good points. BUT our defense was exposed as very weak against a spread offense. They need to get that fixed FAST or KC, STL, SF (very winnable games) will be speading all over them too.

I felt better about this loss then I had the past two wins (sound stupid I know) but the game was exciting, and they were in it most of the game.

Better to win ugly than lose valiantly

Back
Top Bottom