My thoughts on the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My thoughts on the game

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
First off, great win, blah blah blah. I would just say what everyone else said in the blah blah blah part. Back to my critique:

Quarterbacks: B+
Ray Lucas I thought played an almost flawless game. He made that one bad throw on the first play of the game and that was the only play I thought where he screwed up. He had Chambers open on that flea-flicker but had someone in his face and wouldn't be able to step into a throw to Chambers, he had to throw it to whoever it went to. He ran a good game out there and didn't do anything to lose.

Running Backs: A-
I know that people will say that the o-line played great and all, but I thought Ricky played a hell of a game. He just looked SO MUCH FASTER than usual. I'm not sure why. But maybe it was because Ray Lewis knocked the snot out of him and so someone finally woke him up. He looked real fast and delivered blows instead of receiving them (except from Ray Lewis). I thought the Ravens played very well against him on defense, but he played better.

Wide Receivers: B
Chris Chambers played great another week in a row. He got himself wide open a lot of times and that really helped out Lucas. He also didn't drop anything. McKnight played pretty well but he didn't get as open as he should have. He made a beautiful play out of what I thought was nothing in the 2nd half though when he ran it all the way down inside the redzone. McMichael played pretty well, but Ward dropped a pass or two.

Offensive Line: B
Very much improved today. First time they jelled since the Jets game here way back when. Gave good protection and pulled pretty well on those pitches to Ricky. Had some trouble blocking Ray Lewis on the screens though.

Defensive Line: A
They played one fantastic game. I was astounded at how well the DE's did. Jason Taylor made Ogden look like a fool a couple times last night and he did very well getting pressure on the QB while facing the best o-lineman in the NFL. Ogunleye had like 2.5 sacks or something and drilled Blake in what seemed like every play. T-Bo and the other DT's (Chester and Jermaine Haley included) did a good job of stopping Jamal Lewis.

Linebackers: B
I thought Morlon Greenwood did real well. He made a few plays. Derrick Rodgers was disappointing, he missed some key tackles. Zach played like usual, very well. Average day overall for these guys.

Secondary: B+
I was VERY pleased with the play of Arturo Freeman. He was everywhere and made some big hits on some key third downs. He deserves a pat on the back and hopefully he will play this well every week. He also covered Todd Heap great throughout the game, allowing him to catch one pass. Read my other post on Madison. Surtain played very well and didn't allow anything to come at him. Marion played ok, although I thought he was too slow to help Madison on the two plays where Madison got beat.

Special Teams: C
Not very good returns this week and Robert Baker is a fumble waiting to happen returning punts. He holds the ball out like he's Michael Vick. Royals did a good job of punting and Mare did what was asked of him. Coverage units were ok, nothing special.

Coaching: A-
I loved Norv Turner's playcalling this weekend. Not one play I thought was a bad call. Bates seemed to have everyone taken care of on defense as the defense played very well. Wanny did a good job of getting his guys organized and pumped for the game this week. Great job.

Overall Performance: B+

My MVP's
Lucas
Chambers
Ogunleye

My LVP's (least valuable players, or guys who I thought played poorly):
Madison
Baker
Rodgers

I just want to add, I thought Chambers played a lot like Gadsden when we needed him too. He was great at getting to the first down marker and getting open and then catching the ball to get a first down. When we needed a first down, Lucas could always goto him.

Back
Top Bottom