My thoughts on the Offense/Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My thoughts on the Offense/Defense

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Offense:

First of all Henning needs to go. Ive had enough of this crappy playcalling he does. I dont know what goes through his head during the game but he flat out sucks. Playcalling is the #1 thing wrong with our offense. Henning is the worst.

Henne didnt play great or even that good for that matter. I think alot of it has to do with the playcalling but he looked uncomfortable, took awhile to make some reads, overlooked some people who were open to checkdown and obviously the underthrown ball to Marshall.

Ronnie was having a fairly good day and they kept putting Ricky in in the 2nd half. Im not knockin Ricky but Ronnie finds holes and finds open space while Ricky tends to just run in the hole where the plays designed to be ran whether the holes open or not. If Ronnie was breaking decent runs and fighting for extra yards why not keep feeding him especially when the game is on the line at the end. I didnt understand this thought process.

Overall i think the offense played poorly. I think it all stems from the atrocious playcalling. Henning is the worst, he calls some plays that just boggle my mind and make me say "what the hell are they running this for" several to many times throughout the game. I think Henne looked uncomfortable but he didnt make any costly mistakes (ints) so he just needs to step his game up from here on out. It was the first real game so i hope it was opening day jitters or something but he needs to make some better decisions especially when guys are open. He was holding the ball too long i noticed on a few plays and he got the ball out kinda later than he shouldve.

Defense:

They played EXTREMELY well today. The difference between Nolans defense and Pasqualonis defense is like night and day. We brought pressure, had good coverage and SHOULD HAVE had 2 defensive touchdowns if those fools could catch the ball.

Dansby is a monster in all aspects of the game. The guy was in on almost every tackle. He covers people very well and is around the ball constantly. This is something we have lacked in our LB corps for awhile. He plays very smart football and is aggressive and is a leader. Misi and Wake were both bringing pressure all game. I liked what i saw from our LBs all day long. Our D-line played very well too.

Now for the secondary...i was pleasantly surprised except for the 4th and 11 td to to roscoe parrish. We had good coverage on people all day long. Yeramiah Bell was playing as his usual self but Clemons really played his *** off. He is FAST. He got to the ball carrier behind the line of scrimmage on that one play. Almost picked off the tipped pass and he was around the ball ALOT. I was very pleased with how he played today. Even Jason Allen played decent, he did grab Lee Evans arm but whatever he got away with it. He didnt let up any big plays. Did Sean Smith even play one snap? I dont recall even seeing him in there. Benny Sapp and Jason Allen both shouldve had TDs in this game but couldnt hold on. Overall the secondary played well today but Buffalo's offense isnt very good so i dont know how much i should take out of this game when it comes to the secondary.

Overall the defense looked great. For the first time in awhile i felt confident with our defense on the field. We were swarming the ballcarrier with like 5 guys. People were wrapping up when tackling. We were bringing a pass rush and covering. They played alot more hungry and aggressive. It was really a breath of fresh air. The defense is the reason we won today, plain and simple. They played their *** off all game long and i was very impressed.

Nolans got his side of the ball on the right track. Henning needs to get real because idk how much more of this i could take. It pains me to watch his boneheaded playcalls week after week. It makes me sick with all the talent we have on offense and he continues to call this crap.

Im glad we won, a win is a win but the offense needs to step it up drastically if we want to beat good teams and compete to win the division and make a run for the super bowl.

I'd rather have Henning than Mularkey.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

David Lee will probably be our Off Coordinator next year. I'll be fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom