My top 5... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My top 5...

MissMeth

Miss July
Reaction score
If available, these are the top 5 guys i would want to draft in the first round. I am only concidering those i think will be available at #20. Otherwise Roy Williams would be on this list. Now this is just me.. what do you all think?

1/2. OT - Robert Gallery

1/2. WR -Michael Clayton (he's tied for my #1 pick.. i just cant decided between the two)

3. OT - Vernon Carey (this is the Hurricane in me wishing)

4. WR - Lee Evans

5. S - Sean Taylor ( i know we dont need another defensive guy.. this is just the hurricane and friend in me... call me a homer if you must.. but he would be a great pick up no matter what side of the ball he is on)

Now im no expert and havent even begun to do a lot of research like i will by the time the draft comes but this is just priliminary (i have no idea how to spell that..lol). It may change in a few weeks after my research is done ;).

:missmeth:

Sean Taylor would be a good pickup, and could eventually dethrone Marion, but thats not a need right now....and theres no way we would get him :(

He would dethrone him right now.

i was thinking that too, Taylor is a mid-level first round pick easy, and shouldve won the best DEfense Player award in the country, im a canes fan but Im not being homer, TAylor single-handedly WON GAMES for the CANES!!!!

Sean Taylor won't fall to us.

He is projected to go in the 10s-20s who knows.

Sean Taylor is not only an elite S in college (and will be in the NFL) but the guy does kick returns as well. he is a 2-1.

my top 5? my first 2 arn't realistic... but so what ;)

1. Robert Gallery

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Philip Rivers

4. Vernon Carrey

5. Reggie Williams

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need tackles, we need guards.

I am wondering how many people who list Robert Gallery as guys they want have ever actually watched him play.

I am not directing that at anyone in particular, just happens around draft time people fall in love with a "name".

Originally posted by Stamos
We don't need tackles, we need guards.

We don't need tackles? Todd Wade most likely won't be back, who's supposed to relace him? Wade Smith should be better in his 2nd year after an offseason of bulking up, but that's not a given. Mark Dixon might return, but I have a feeling it'll only be as a G, not a T, like he was promised when he resigned last year. We have a couple of young guys who could be ready to step up in the guard position in Yates and Whitley, and Nails should be better after a full year of recovering from his achilles injury. I just don't agree, we need tackles more than guards.

Originally posted by Saint Greg
Actually most have taylor ranked top 5 overall in the draft. He will be a top 10 pick, if not top 5.

yeah.. it is alot more likely that he goes that high, as opposed to falling.. and if he has a good bowl game.. christ.. he will never make it out of the top 5-6 picks. someone like detriot needs him badly, as their two safetys are pathetic, and the draft is good enough w/ running backs they they could grab someone like cadillac williams in the 2nd round and be content.

now are you guys naming your top 5 first rounders? or just top 5 guys you want to see drafted, not necessary first rounders? i thought you were doing 1st round guys.. but i saw a couple people in there that i didnt think were close to going in the 1st, like Rivers..

guys.. i know you like him.. and actually, he is my favorite qb in this draft too.. but there is no way that he goes above manning, big ben, and losman.. no way... and there is no way that 4 qbs are going in teh first round... just food for thought. rivers, imho, is a 2nd rounder at the highest.

these guys are my top 5
1. sean taylor - best player in the draft other than fitzgerald. better prospect at this point than ed reed was considered. i actually think he is a better prospect than roy williams when he came out a couple years ago. it is tough to find a playmaking FS, but taylor is all that and a big of chips.. the guy is sick.. and i hate the canes, btw.. i graduated from virginia tech.. but i saw plenty of him.

2. larry fitzgerald - you all know about him.. simply the best wr to come out in i dont know how long.. man, he is good, and on top of that.. if you ever hear an interview with the kid, you will fall over.. because what you hear is so rare.. he is humble, well mannered, polite, and focused. i heard an interviewer (jim rome) ask him why he didnt celebrate his tds.. his answer.. "i am a receiver, why should i celebrate for doing my job." he went on to say that he felt it was disrespectful to his teammate, opponents, and fans, as well as the history of the game, to act like an *** on the field just because you want to draw attention to yourself. the guy reminds me of randy moss talent, and marvin harrisons attitude. would love to have him.

3. kellen winslow jr. - as close to gonzo as there is. attitude has been questioned, and he lets his emotions get the best of him, because he is a very big competitor... i think he is the real deal. a great great receiver, and has put on considerable mass to improve his blocking. i would take him on my team.

4. chris gamble - very good cb.. shut down cover skills. also a playmaker that can return punts and play WR if needed. he was a do it all guy and is really and incredible athlete. option if winfield goes somewhere.

5. kevin jones - best rb in the draft (steven jackson is a very close second), i wouldnt like this pick for the bills really, unless henry was traded, but the guy is the real deal, and whoever gets him is getting an edge type back that can do it all and is dedicated to being great. if anything, please just dont let this guy go to the patriots.

So no one likes Losman anymore? There's another receiver I saw either his name was Washington or his school, can't remember. Also, Nat Dorsey was a OL guy some thought we might take.

Back
Top Bottom